Women's March Largest in U.S History

Started by Shiranu, January 22, 2017, 04:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

Nothing to do with the women's march, pr.

They were marching to voice their intention to fight for their rights and freedoms, which are under attack by Der Trumpenfuhrer and his Trumpettes in Congress.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Unbeliever

Quote from: Atheon on January 23, 2017, 03:20:54 PM
I hope you voted for Hillary then. Because if you don't want RvW overturned, the only hope was Hillary. Which is why I voted for her.

If RvW is overturned, then we might as well pack it in and say goodnight as a species, because all hope for humanity would be lost forever.

By the way, I just doubled my monthly contribution to Planned Parenthood. I urge every American here to contribute to them regularly in order to help women in need and to fight the good fight against the evil empire.

I suspect that many conservatives who are against abortion have massive investments in coat-hangers manufacturing.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 25, 2017, 04:31:28 PMI suspect that many conservatives who are against abortion have massive investments in coat-hangers manufacturing.
Military-industrial investments more like.  Nothing better than having the undesirables bleed for you and reap the rewards.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Shiranu on January 24, 2017, 09:57:41 PM
I've given up on him and Faith. I will play along when I am in the mood to argue, but they have come to some very hateful and just mean-spirited opinions that some random people on the internet will never talk them out of.

The biggest thing I fear is this attitude seeping more and more into "the real world".
I don't think I'm hateful. My thing is that I want more rights for everyone. Not less. If not censoring people is going to result in a few more trans or gay people committing suicide, then I'm sorry, but I'm still not supporting the censorship. The spirit of free speech is extremely important to me, but I fully support rights for the queer community, for women, and for minorities. I'm in full support of bringing in refugees. I've not put down the women's march, as I think Trump is someone that needs to be protested. I'm worried that women may be in trouble too.

I understand that the anti-SJWs are assholes too. Many of the most popular ones are transphobic. Many of them claim that white privilege is not real and that slavery was a long time ago so blacks need to get over it already and stop making excuses for their own failures. I used to have a similar attitude when it came to the white privilege thing, but discussions on here have helped me change how I see this issue, and I now understand and agree with the other side. When you are far less likely to grow up without a father, going to a shitty school, with shitty influences trying to recruit you into gangs, and when you are having less unnecessary interactions with police and an easier time getting a job, that's privilege. I used to go on and on about the problem of Islam too, but now I see how silly that was. Islam is a problem for the Muslim countries, but I don't think it's a threat to the West.

So yes, I understand that the anti-SJWs are wrong about a lot, but I can at least respect that they don't want to do away with free speech. When it comes to discussion on here, my opinions can be changed and you've helped me slightly alter some of my opinions. Others have completely changed my opinion on certain topics. I'm here to learn, not to teach, and you do often make good points that somewhat alter how I see things. Sometimes your opinions are a little out there, like considering talking about periods in a negative manner to be offensive. Last I checked, women don't seem to love getting their periods, so if they can see it as a negative, I should not be considered anti-woman for talking about a period as a negative. That's when things start getting a little silly. Almost everyone posts stuff that's a little silly from time to time though. After taking part in some discussions, I will feel stupid sometimes and regret posting certain things, and I will change my opinion if I think the other person's argument is better than my own, so I reject the notion that I'm completely set in my ways or hateful.

Why am I mean spirited towards SJWs? I won't stop using the language that they find offensive, because if I did they would win. The more offended that they get by every little thing said, the more it makes people want to continue saying those supposedly offensive things even more. The SJWs are asking for it. It's like when there's a protest against gay marriage. That just makes gay people want to shove it in their faces even more, and make out in front of them at the protest. The SJWs are not helping young people by teaching them to be as soft as toilet paper. If someone is naturally sensitive, then that is fine, but you don't need to encourage young people to be soft and weak and miserable to see progress in society.

Baruch

Trumpettes?  Well I will take these Rockettes over Congress ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyZeGOsR9IA

In the Senate, those costumes would be real gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBlB8RAJEEc&list=PL8ds3avQv8lmctTDcE3vywyrT0XOgRrB3
(Democrat) Party like it is Berlin, 1932!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moOamKxW844&list=PL8ds3avQv8lmctTDcE3vywyrT0XOgRrB3&index=7
Great finale ... listen to the words!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

These protests were barely violent by historical standards. People like to pretend that violent riots never affect changes, but take a look at the many riots of the 20th century alone and you'll find they quite often get things changed. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse, but there really is no denying that riots can change the political landscape. We're continually feed the line that only peaceful protests can change things and violence is only ok when perpetrated by the authorities.
I think we've come full circle and have set the stage for a new round of very violent protests and with so many people in possession of firearms there's no telling where this may lead.
I'm not advocating for violence, but to hear it told the ONLY people who should ever use violence are police protecting people with the money. 
  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_of_civil_unrest_in_the_United_States
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

pr126

Quote from: Atheon on January 25, 2017, 04:08:22 PM
Nothing to do with the women's march, pr.

They were marching to voice their intention to fight for their rights and freedoms, which are under attack by Der Trumpenfuhrer and his Trumpettes in Congress.
What rights and freedoms will American women lose with Trump as president?
Can you specify? Please list them.
Possibly with evidence. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sREyrKc7EiQ

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on January 25, 2017, 11:19:50 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sREyrKc7EiQ

The freedom to control what is in our own uteruses for starters.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

"I'm looking for logic in a sea of broads"

thats a good sig.

Lets also not forget, as the guy said, that this entire womens march was started, and spearheaded, by a woman, who wants Sharia Law pushed forward in the west.

And if you think thats progressive somehow, heres a nice list of all things sharia law represents.

Quote• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand (above).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah, the god of Islam is punishable by death.
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal".
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.

Mmm yeah, we need to really push for this to come into the west, its not progressive it you don't
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

FaithIsFilth

Yeah, wearing a hijab to show solidarity is a terrible idea. Continuing to use the Clinton slogans as chants is a really dumb idea too. "Love trumps hate". Let Clinton fade away and die. The monster was rejected in a big way, and you're not helping your cause by using the slogans of a failed, wildly unpopular candidate who was never even liberal.

AllPurposeAtheist

Nothing works better than deflecting on to everyone the silly ideas of the few.
Let's use the example of 10 billion people wanting a clean environment. It HAS TO be a bad idea because one person probably said that Trump isn't clean which means that cleanliness is just a political hoax. Yup, entire idea of a clean environment is instantly debunked. 
You know..my own daughter absolutely denies being a feminist despite the fact that she has a pretty decent job and is paid more than most of the men where she works,  isn't required to wear a dress, gets pretty damn good health insurance and paid maternity leave. In other words, gets the majority of the benefits of feminism without having to acknowledge that without feminists she would have none of these things.
Denial isn't a river in Egypt. It's your 'god given right'.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Munch

So in other words, your pushing your ideology on your daughter. Thats not a healthy thing to do. She doesn't have those things because she's a feminist, she has those things because the balance of political standards has equaled out in this time and place.

I dunno why I have to say it, but these group thinks are always unhealthy in the long run, because if you can't think outside the box, your be trapped in it. Maybe she wants to consider everyone else on the same level, unlike modern day feminists would do in claiming to want equality, but at the expense of anyone who isn't a feminist.

These group ideologies are as bad as any religion, because once the negative aspects overwhelm it, just like religions, any question of that group think being wrong induces rage, like a pissed off hydra. Its all well and good saying you want to protect women from trumps laws, but when you start to also let insidious ideals seep into the group think, not questioning them because your so focused on the single goal, then it becomes a problem.

Question what the fuck is happening around you, always question it, don't just accept it because you share a single minded goal.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

Quote from: Mermaid on January 26, 2017, 07:52:30 AM
The freedom to control what is in our own uteruses for starters.
Who is responsible what is in your uterus?
The state?

Atheon

Quote from: pr126 on January 26, 2017, 10:57:09 AM
Who is responsible what is in your uterus?
The state?
No, which is why the state should stay the fuck out of women's bodies.

Freedom is paramount.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

Quote from: pr126 on January 25, 2017, 11:19:50 PM
How about these?

1. The right to have an abortion.
2. The right to affordable healthcare.
3. Freedom from religion. (Church/state separation)
4. Gay marriage.

Evidence? The Republicans have made it crystal clear that they want to strip Americans of these rights. It's no secret. Google it if you need convincing, but it's like asking for evidence that the sky is blue.

There are other rights under threat: freedom of the press, freedom of speech, freedom of protest, freedom of movement, freedom of access to information, freedom of religion, the right to vote ... just look at the newspapers each morning and you'll see what rights, freedoms and minorities Trump is attacking.