Poll: Who is Donald Trump most like?

Started by Atheon, January 25, 2017, 08:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

So, which of these four fictional characters and one real villain more like Trump?

Or someone else, perhaps?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

pr126

Why Hitler?

There were other notable people  in the past.

Genghis Khan, Tamerlane, Pol Pot, Stalin, Osama Bin Laden, Mao, Beria, Muhammad, just to name a few.

Atheon

Mainly because he's compared to Hitler more than most other historical figures. Just like some people compare him to Jesus.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on January 25, 2017, 09:30:45 AM
Godwin's Law.

Which one of the one's you mentioned would you say he is closer to?

I would probably go with Stalin, Putin (or Kim Un) or one of the other Soviet/Russian/Communist "Cult of Personality" figures than Hitler.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

There's definitely a Lannister vibe.  Almost universally despised, yet wealth and the Lannister name are apparently good enough to secure power.  He's not a good fit for Joffrey, but I could see Trump a long-lost uncle or something.

Atheon

Atheon

Trump's petulance, vindictiveness, narcissism and thin skin remind me of Joffrey and Kylo Ren.

Unbeliever

I think Chump's a completely new thing, to whom future corporate politicians will be compared. He seems to be a mix of all those in your list.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

_Xenu_

Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Atheon