News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Chicago Hate Crime

Started by SGOS, January 05, 2017, 10:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

or maybe it's more like a kidnapping assault.  4 blacks tied up a white 18 year old with special needs and then punched and kicked him and made racial slurs during a 30 minute video and then posted it on facebook. 

Edit:  http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/04/us/chicago-facebook-live-beating/

I thought it was interesting that the police aren't sure whether they can classify it as a hate crime.  The legal definition of "hate crime" has always perplexed me.  A crime is a crime.  Why is it necessary to qualify it legally as whether it was motivated by hate.  Actually, I think "hate" crime intends to imply "race" crime, but it's got so confusing that even the cops don't seem to know what it is.

QuoteThe disturbing 30-minute video shows a man tied up and his mouth covered, cowering in the corner of a room. His attackers laugh and shout "f*ck Donald Trump" and "f*ck white people" as they kick and punch him.  The video shows someone cutting into his scalp with a knife, leaving a visibly bald patch.  Police said the victim is an 18-year-old with special needs. Officers found the disoriented young man wandering a Chicago street "in crisis" Tuesday afternoon.  He was so traumatized that it took most of the night for him to calm down so he was able to talk to police, Capt. Steven Sesso said.

The suspects, two men and two women, all 18, are in custody awaiting formal charges, which are expected to be filed Thursday.  Hate crime charges under consideration.  The victim knew at least one of his accused attackers from school, Cmdr. Kevin Duffin said. Though he may have voluntarily gotten into a van with the group, police are considering kidnapping charges.

Because the victim is white and the people in the video are black, police also are investigating whether hate crime charges are appropriate, Duffin said.

drunkenshoe

The name 'Trump' along with the racial slurs is probably the reason of the police statement. Because that makes it a 'political message'. It's a group. Organised.

OK I first wrote if they didn't know him but at least one of them does. So they just picked the boy because he is white and an easy target. The crucial point is, was the video taken from a public security camera or did the racist group made it themselves?

The thing with the hate crime is that most perpetrators know their victims and it is territorial. 'I don't want gays in my neighbourhood' kinda bullshit. So in a sense, most of the hate crimes are 'personal'. So yea this is a hate crime with a political message.

SGOS, do you have a link? E: Thanks. Yeah they made the vid themselves. I hope this goes down with a serious tag.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 05, 2017, 10:40:21 AM
SGOS, do you have a link? E: Thanks. Yeah they made the vid themselves. I hope this goes down with a serious tag.

Yeah, I added it as an edit after forgetting to include it.  In looking for the source again, I'm inclined to think there might be better sources for the article, but since I had already included a quote from an article, I used the link to the same source I first read.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on January 05, 2017, 10:57:27 AM
Yeah, I added it as an edit after forgetting to include it.  In looking for the source again, I'm inclined to think there might be better sources for the article, but since I had already included a quote from an article, I used the link to the same source I first read.

Yes, I wrote that earlier. It's OK. We'll get more info.

This is real bad. If this gets followed by similar examples, it is going to cause 'responses' and a fear of civil war which will only happen as in domestic terrorism.

They need to handle this very well and I think they are trying to do that. Hence the reluctance with the hate crime cliassification. After all, terrorism in the US as a crime coded with completely different connotations.

[pr, get out from invisible mod, lol.]

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Atheon

Yes, if things are as reported, it is a hate crime. It's heinous by any measure: kidnapping and torturing a mentally handicapped teenager.

As I've long said, hate crimes are not one-way streets.

Why people publish their crimes on social media is beyond me, but I'm glad they do it, so they can be caught and brought to justice.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Jesse James eventually wanted everyone to know who was robbing banks.  And it was post Civil War political.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Its not a hate crime, the guy was white!

Its not political motivated, they just mentioned trump by accident!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBeO504QfMg&t=23s

I wish someone would burn down the TYT building, with Ana Kasparian inside.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on January 09, 2017, 07:29:13 AM
Its not a hate crime, the guy was white!

I don't actually know if "Hate Crime" is a legal description invented (and therefore defined) by politicians or not.  If so, it may well have been created to be used to the advantage of selected minorities.  Names of laws and acts of congress are very often given names that avoid describing their true intent.  To most people, any crime motivated by hate would be a hate crime.  Legally, this may not be true.  But to me, adding "Hate" to a "Crime" is pointless.  Kidnapping is still kidnapping, and assault is still assault.  Charge them accordingly.

The same thing is true of "terrorism".  Someone randomly shoots 30 people in a nightclub while shouting, "Allahu Akbar," and this gets philosophically dissected for a week over whether it was terrorism or not.  Personally, I don't care if it was terrorism.  He just shot 30 people.  Charge him with murder, and treat him like a murderer, rather than a warrior for Allah.

FaithIsFilth

Black people can't be racist. Whiteys need to suck it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Dl3cOX15o

Shiranu

Yeah, no, it's definitely a hate crime.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Dreamer

Anyone can be hated for their particular way of being in the world, and a crime can be perpetrated against them for the hatred a person has for that particular person.  A hate crime is where a crime is perpetrated against a person because they hate other people like them, not that person individually.  In some regards, it is rather more scary when it's a hate crime... but, yes, hate is hate.
<br /><br />Individually, we are one drop.  Together, we are an ocean.<br /><br />

drunkenshoe

This is the original young turk video. @Munch @FaithIsFilth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTvOpszn-xY

Where is it in that video Anna Kasparian -or anyone else for that matter- defend these violent, racist criminals?

Where in that video she tells it is not politically motivated?

Where in the video she says this is not a hate crime?

Where in that video she claims or say any of the bullshit you spew here?

Because the fact that the criminals are not connected the to BLM or any other organisation and The Young Turks are pointing this fucking fact and that is buggering you into a point of screaming that you wish someone would burn their buildng down with the female host in it?

Have any of you even watched the video itself? They OPENLY STATE IN THE VIDEO THAT THERE IS A POLITCAL OBJECTIVE AND THIS IS A HATE CRIME.

What do you think this is, Munch? You think this is the fucking UK and the British police that they are going to piss their pants to be called 'racists', if they discover that a black commited crime has organisational connections and they'll get scared to report it and shut up?

So far there is no organisational back ground to this. Now or after even the case closed, they won't do that IF there is a conection it is going to be declared.