Gunman shoots dead Russian ambassador

Started by pr126, December 19, 2016, 01:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on December 20, 2016, 04:29:31 AM
From a power and political standpoint it's just not good policy either though. A destabilized Middle East is not in America's long term interest.

Also what you just said... is the reason I hate this concept that "the terrorists" are the bad guys. What are our actions in comparison? A terrorist kills 10 people for his ideology, for his politics, to prove a point. We kill hundreds of thousands, condemn millions more to terrible living conditions, for our convenience.

Which one is the more mosterous? We don't even get to hide behind, "My religion told me to!".

LOL I think you -also pr- misunderstood me.

I was NOT talking about terrorists, I was talking about States <---> Governments. They see people as cattle and bugs.

You should both know I do NOT agree with the mainstream undertstading of religion-terrorism dynamic by now.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Shiranu

QuoteI was NOT talking about terrorists, I was talking about States <---> Governments. They see people as cattle and bugs.

So was I.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

The Skeletal Atheist

Wait....you mean if you bomb the shit out of people then those people might be angry enough at you to kill your ambassador?

Shocking.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

pr126

Somehow I don't feel responsible for bombing the shit out of people. Can't remember authorizing it.

I think Obama even got a Nobel Peace Prize for that. Well deserved?

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on December 21, 2016, 04:52:58 AM
Somehow I don't feel responsible for bombing the shit out of people. Can't remember authorizing it.

That is the problem with "group responsibility" and "just war" theory.  The myth of the social contract.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Why would he shoot someone who is already dead?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

pr126

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on December 20, 2016, 02:21:40 PM
So was I.

OK, could you eleborate then? I am lost.

Also, you shouldn't use that 'we' so generously. Don't own up to something you have never supported in any scale.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: pr126 on December 21, 2016, 04:52:58 AM

I wasn't aware that you were a Russian government official.

The Skeletal Atheist

Baruch

Great joke I read about parents don't last minute Christmas shopping ...

Mom-bies and the Walking Dads ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!