News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Minority Report

Started by pr126, December 23, 2016, 11:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on December 24, 2016, 09:35:47 PM
Which by which argument ... we can say, are you a moderator or this forum ... or something else entirely?  What is your code name BTW?  PickledEggs?

So who do you think is a "real" X?  Or is anyone actually who they both to claim to be?

No, he is a CIA agent who is posing as a hyperealist artist and a mod in a forum where a very little group of people read and post. He also works at some regular jobs time to time to cover his real identity. Among his responsibilities, teaching a bunch of Americans to draw while checking if they are a threat to US, joinning superhero conventions to check some more on the possible geek-nerd threats come as the general ones, but his most important objective is trying to make sense what Baruch and pr126 are rambling about in AF on a given day. Obviously, CIA is keeping a report on Jewish males above 65 who is rambling about imaginary concepts and embesilic conspiracy theories with Hollywood paranoia.

This post will destruct itself in 15 seconds.

Do I need to put a srcasm note here, or do you get the point?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

pr126

What I was trying to say was that a group of 1.7 billion is hardly a minority.

When the "cartoon fiasco" was in full swing, suddenly the whole Muslim World of 1.7 billion was offended.
Not just a minority.

Divide them into small groups all you want, they still are the umma of 1.7 billion.

Play semantics if you must.

What the hell, I have past caring long time ago.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 25, 2016, 03:44:03 AM
There is no point to the thread.

pr126 took the word 'minority' and used as something that it is not. Probably for attention, because people do not talk about this topic the way he wants and he just wants more space to post his material.

May be he is really that stupid and he doesn't understand what minority means. It's difficult to be sure at the level he reached.

Minority means women ... who are 51% of the population ... also a voting demographic that the DNC can apply "divide and conquer" to..
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on December 25, 2016, 06:02:45 AM

When the "cartoon fiasco" was in full swing, suddenly the whole Muslim World of 1.7 billion was offended.
Not just a minority.

Divide them into small groups all you want, they still are the umma of 1.7 billion.

In comparison to the other related demographics, it is.

drunkenshoe

Pointing out an incorrect usage of a word is not playing semantics. Stop acting like a child.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

As always, one must define what one is talking about.  'Unique' is always just one.  No comparison is called for.  'Minority' is always a comparison of one group to another.  If you want to use the word 'minority' and make it plain what you are talking about, you have to define the field you are referring to.  1.7 is always a minority when the field is 7.5.  I think even christians can understand that.  Well, maybe not them.............................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

QuoteWhat the hell, I have past caring long time ago.

Clearly, otherwise you wouldn't chronically post outright lies and shit like this all the time. I don't think anyone mistook you for someone who cares about honesty or integrity.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Drunkenshoe could write some good short story fiction...  That's not a bad thing.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: pr126 on December 25, 2016, 06:02:45 AM

Not just a minority.

People play semantics in situations like this because words mean things. What the fuck is your definition of "minority" where you don't have to look at outside factors to determine what an actual minority is?

But oh, wait, "i don't care".....even though you started the thread. You don't care now because people didn't lap up your load of shit.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

pr126

Goodness me, you guys are still howling.
Have I gored some sacred cow here?

Chill out.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on December 27, 2016, 05:29:02 AM

Chill out.

I have never met anyone more stubborn about admitting they were wrong... nor anyone so adamant on blaming everyone else than admit their mistake.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on December 27, 2016, 05:41:49 AM
I have never met anyone more stubborn about admitting they were wrong... nor anyone so adamant on blaming everyone else than admit their mistake.

Only I have understood how rhetorical pr126 is, nor will I throw a Funk & Wagnalls at him.  He isn't right or wrong to be prejudiced.  I don't know why he thinks anyone will join him in it either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Atheon

They're a majority in places like, say, Saudi Arabia or Iran. They're a minority in places like, say, the US or the UK.

Simple arithmetic.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Mike Cl

Quote from: pr126 on December 27, 2016, 05:29:02 AM

Chill out.
Since when is a sacred cow knowing how to add and subtract???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?