Started by Blackleaf, December 21, 2016, 06:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on April 05, 2017, 10:13:16 AM
What was your question again?

Sorry.

peace

faith in selfless unity for good
You do love to play silly little games don't you.  But you believe in a silly little god who why not.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 05, 2017, 01:13:45 PM
You do love to play silly little games don't you.  But you believe in a silly little god who why not.
No games, and generally I'm not the joking type when it comes to metaphysics, or origins, and GOD.

I really didn't recall you asking a specific question. I guess I could have attempted to comb through posts to find it, but you could have simply restated it too as opposed to your typical little stab.

Must not have been a very important question after all.

peace

Sorginak

It is always interesting how those with true internal turmoil tend to display an outward appearance of innocence, such as a smiling face in a family portrait or a hand holding a puppies's head. 

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Sorginak on April 05, 2017, 08:00:29 PM
It is always interesting how those with true internal turmoil tend to display an outward appearance of innocence, such as a smiling face in a family portrait or a hand holding a puppies's head.
That puppy is dead prick. And I have repeatedly tried to remove that pic as it was a mistake and my avatar is generally left blank.

I am the furthest from innocence that you will ever know.

I'm not fake.

You want to see turmoil?

Me?

There you go. Would you like that I display my poverty and squalor?

Sorginak

Ooops, modified because some people do not understand how to use commas.

Sorginak

Quote from: popsthebuilder on April 05, 2017, 08:22:03 PM

You want to see turmoil?

Me?

I am uncertain how that is a display of turmoil.  You seem like someone who might need to shave, but otherwise fine.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Sorginak on April 05, 2017, 08:28:19 PM
I am uncertain how that is a display of turmoil.  You seem like a someone who might need to shave, but otherwise fine.
It is an inward thing. But it was pegged. What I took offence to was the insinuating that I am being somehow fraudulent or fake.

Thanks though

Blackleaf

Quote from: popsthebuilder on April 05, 2017, 07:57:39 PM
No games, and generally I'm not the joking type when it comes to metaphysics, or origins, and GOD.

I really didn't recall you asking a specific question. I guess I could have attempted to comb through posts to find it, but you could have simply restated it too as opposed to your typical little stab.

Must not have been a very important question after all.

peace

It's not like it was buried somewhere in the middle of 50 pages. One page back from this one. That's how far it is. And it took me only a few seconds to locate it.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on April 05, 2017, 08:00:29 PM

Internal boiling is good, shows the kettle is about ready to pour hot water over the tea leaves.  Can't read tea leaves, without steeping, followed by drinking.  One old Zen master caused a disciple to achieve enlightenment, by simply pouring tea ... and kept pouring as the tea went over the edge of the tea cup.  Tea leaf reading was unnecessary that time.

And nobody is innocent for long, not one.  Nor would I want them to be.  Experience is the best teacher.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: popsthebuilder on April 05, 2017, 08:22:03 PM
That puppy is dead prick. And I have repeatedly tried to remove that pic as it was a mistake and my avatar is generally left blank.

I am the furthest from innocence that you will ever know.

I'm not fake.

You want to see turmoil?

Me?

Jeebus! ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on April 05, 2017, 08:28:19 PM
I am uncertain how that is a display of turmoil.  You seem like someone who might need to shave, but otherwise fine.

Some youth are too young for proper facial hair ;-)  Peach fuzz much?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on April 03, 2017, 10:37:33 AM
That's odd. The cradle of life is in Africa as is the Ethiopian Orthodox Church which actually has the book of Enoch within it's bible.

What biblical lies are you referring to? They are most likely poorly translated in order to appease man's own wants. But that makes it rather un-biblical; as one thing that is intact in nearly all core sacred texts is the command not to alter the texts.

Oh yes, let's let's accept the modern bible as literal truth.  (coff, coff).  That's an error.  I'll give you an example:  "The tenth Commandment, commonly but wrongly translated as “thou shalt not covet,” illustrates how internal structure or etymology can be misleading. Like the English “host” and “hostile” that share a root but don’t mean the same thing, the words for “desirable” and “take” in Hebrew come from the same root. It’s the second word, “take,” that appears in the Ten Commandments. But translators, not recognizing that related words can mean different things in this way, misunderstood the Hebrew and wrongly translated the text as “thou shalt not covet” for what should have been “thou shalt not take.” .

Get the idea?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 07, 2017, 05:29:32 AM
Oh yes, let's let's accept the modern bible as literal truth.  (coff, coff).  That's an error.  I'll give you an example:  "The tenth Commandment, commonly but wrongly translated as “thou shalt not covet,” illustrates how internal structure or etymology can be misleading. Like the English “host” and “hostile” that share a root but don’t mean the same thing, the words for “desirable” and “take” in Hebrew come from the same root. It’s the second word, “take,” that appears in the Ten Commandments. But translators, not recognizing that related words can mean different things in this way, misunderstood the Hebrew and wrongly translated the text as “thou shalt not covet” for what should have been “thou shalt not take.” .

Get the idea?

Outstanding!  And there are words in the original Hebrew that even rabbis don't know what they mean.  Not that you need to believe in the book that was translated from ... it is just Jewish literature.  But I suspect many here would take Les Miserables, in the original French, as gospel ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Cavebear on April 07, 2017, 05:29:32 AM

Get the idea?
Sorta....Covet is to desire or want.

The faithful to GOD are to be wanting in no thing, and desire naught but what is good and right in the sight of GOD.

SGOS

I don't care who covets what.  Just don't covet any of my stuff.