Start putting chips in people ...

Started by Baruch, December 14, 2016, 07:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Shiranu on December 17, 2016, 09:51:46 PM
It's just another wacky idea based on this fear that the end times are around the corner, and the impending illuminati government is out to get us. Boring.
I assume you've come to that conclusion by doing your research and looking at what the experts have to say? No? Did you just assume that without even looking into this?

Gillespie also mentioned cybernetics scientist Dr. Mark Gasson of the UK’s University of Reading (UR), who made history recently: After implanting a chip in himself in 2009 to control his office’s electronic gadgets, he became the world’s first human infected with a computer virus. “The virus was replicated on the swipecards of staff accessing his building and infected the university's database,” writes Gillespie.

Yet Gasson remains enthusiastic about what he characterizes as an inevitable and imminent new technological normal. He says, “It has the potential to change the very essence of what it is to be human.” He believes that microchips’ acceptance will mirror that of mobile phones and that a situation will develop wherein it “will be such a disadvantage not to have the implant that it will essentially not be optional.”

Let me see what your experts have to say. The experts back the idea that this is about to be the new normal. I'm afraid your side of the argument is the wacky one, and ignores history. The best way to predict the future is by looking at past behaviour. Once we all have the chip in us (and most of us will happily get it and happily pay for it) like the experts say we will, the government has clearly shown what they think about a right to privacy what with the NSA spying, etc.

Baruch

There are swallowable RFIDS that stay in your gut.  You could have them in you now, thanks to Comrade Ronald McDonald.  This was shown to be technically possible several years ago.  But the Stalinist wing of Atheistforums isn't going to listen, they all plan on joining the Imperial Storm Troopers and killing the Rebels and blowing up Syrian planets ... while delusional about being part of the Rebels.  The Rebels are Confederates, not Yankees.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Johan

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on December 17, 2016, 02:31:49 PM
Triggered much? We've almost all been brainwashed by MSM to think a certain way. Even me. I bought into the idea that Trump had next to no chance.
Shiranu hit most of nail on the head with his comment on this. But I will add this. When you smugly disregard anyone who disagrees with you as 'obviously brainwashed by the MSM' or 'you're just thinking and doing what they want all the sheeple to do' what you're saying in essence is 'poor little ignorant you who isn't smart enough to see the light like I did and read between the lines to find the real story.'

Whether you intend to or not, come across as regarding anyone who dares to disagree with you as being a mindless, powerless ignorant blob of extremely ow intelligence. As a rule I don't consume main stream media. And when I do, I regard all of it as being at least 85% false. But I also apply logic and reason when making my own judgements and I accept conclusive proof when available as evidence.

So when I disagree with some little piece of shit asshat on the internet and that little piece of shit asshat says oh you're just brainwashed by the MSM, well yeah, that person gets to be labeled as a little piece of shit asshat. And while we're on the subject I'll give you an extra piece of advice free of charge. You can can smugly insult the intelligence of anyone you want any way you want on the internet. But if you haven't done so already, you might want to learn to temper your comments a bit when talking to people in real life. If you don't sooner or later you're going to smugly insult the intelligence of the wrong mother fucker and quickly find yourself picking your teeth up off the floor.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Baruch

No, I don't think y'all (you know who you are) are brainwashed by the MSM.  I am not brainwashed by the Alt-Media (it isn't Alt-Right just because they oppose Empress Hillary).  The reason why people support POV or policy X .. is because they know what they are doing, and will burn for their sins (metaphorically).  People here aren't idiots, this isn't HuffPro commentary.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Johan on December 18, 2016, 12:11:21 PM
Shiranu hit most of nail on the head with his comment on this. But I will add this. When you smugly disregard anyone who disagrees with you as 'obviously brainwashed by the MSM' or 'you're just thinking and doing what they want all the sheeple to do' what you're saying in essence is 'poor little ignorant you who isn't smart enough to see the light like I did and read between the lines to find the real story.'

Whether you intend to or not, come across as regarding anyone who dares to disagree with you as being a mindless, powerless ignorant blob of extremely ow intelligence. As a rule I don't consume main stream media. And when I do, I regard all of it as being at least 85% false. But I also apply logic and reason when making my own judgements and I accept conclusive proof when available as evidence.

So when I disagree with some little piece of shit asshat on the internet and that little piece of shit asshat says oh you're just brainwashed by the MSM, well yeah, that person gets to be labeled as a little piece of shit asshat. And while we're on the subject I'll give you an extra piece of advice free of charge. You can can smugly insult the intelligence of anyone you want any way you want on the internet. But if you haven't done so already, you might want to learn to temper your comments a bit when talking to people in real life. If you don't sooner or later you're going to smugly insult the intelligence of the wrong mother fucker and quickly find yourself picking your teeth up off the floor.
My opinions are called dumb here all the time and it doesn't bother me. I like most of the posters here despite our disagreement on certain issues. Like I've said before, there are posters here far brighter than I. I have no problem admitting that. I'm just a twenty something year old kid who dropped out of college. I've changed my opinion on certain issues thanks to people who post here. I was just giving my honest opinion when responding to the thread. I can see that you've got blood coming out of your... wherever, though, so feel free to rant if that's what you need to do. When it comes to RFID, you can't back up your position while I've got expert after expert backing up my position, so I figured that your opinion on this issue was a result of your programming. If I'm wrong about that and you've based your opinion on what some other experts have said, I'd like to see what they have to say myself. Please share.

Shiranu

QuoteI can see that you've got blood coming out of your... wherever, though,...

I was going to give a serious response about how nothing you have posted has proved any nefarious conspiracy like you think it does... but I realise how pointless that is now. Grow up.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Johan

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on December 18, 2016, 03:02:20 PM
When it comes to RFID, you can't back up your position while I've got expert after expert backing up my position, so I figured that your opinion on this issue was a result of your programming.
See that's what I'm talking about. In your world it seems there are only two options. People either agree with you or they are programmed i.e. stupid. I see no up side in pursuing this or any other conspiracy topic with you so I'll save us both the trouble. Remember what I said about your teeth though. You might end up thanking me later.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Baruch

Stalinists expect to be Gulag guards, not political prisoners.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on December 16, 2016, 06:59:09 PM
I have a much less polite word ... than "skeptic".  But the posters here are geniuses compared to HuffPro.
Except for those that are flat out crazy. How's your meds doing for you?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on December 19, 2016, 06:51:59 AM
Stalinists expect to be Gulag guards, not political prisoners.
There was no guarantee.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

widdershins

Quote from: Baruch on December 16, 2016, 07:03:06 PM
That is just what they said about the Income Tax ... it only applied to millionaires at first.  Didn't become industrial until WW II tax withholding, which was a temporary war measure.  I want all the liberals to get chipped ... so that the conservatives know where they are hiding, when it is time to pick them up.
Because you can give examples of it happening doesn't make it not a logical fallacy.

I'm sorry, but I don't see any evil intent in this law.  Guardians can already order a child or dependent adult be "chipped", not only with an ID tag, but with a GPS tracker.  It is already their "voluntary" right to go further than this law allows.  All this law is doing is setting up funding for non-invasive, non-permanent tracking methods for people who are incapable of taking care of themselves.  All you have to do to avoid this law is to not request the funding.

It is very common for these people to try to leave the facility they are in.  Hell, if they're at home it's very common for grandpa with dementia to try to drive to the store.  They are not in their right minds.  They are a danger to themselves and to others, which is why their movements are restricted.  There are alarms and often locks on the doors to keep people from getting out.  But it's not a prison, so they aren't guarded like it is a prison.

If you knew anything about this industry the purpose of this law would be clear.  This and many laws like it have reshaped the mental health industry a monumental amount over the last few decades.  If you had gone to any given mental health facility just 40 or 50 years ago you would have seen such horror you would likely not sleep peacefully for a few nights.  No patient had front teeth because they might bite.  They were all in a single room, dirty, covered in feces.  They were human refuse and nobody cared about them.  Laws pertaining to their treatment are not perfect, but they're at least trying to be a damned site better than they were.  They are trying to balance between the person's dignity and freedom.  Some of the laws seem stupid.  In Iowa, a person with the mentality of a baby must hold a job because that's what grown ups do.  That person must have access to a sharp knife if they want to cut their own food.  You can't buy that person baby toys because they are an adult, even if that's their mentality, even if that's what they like.  They have to make their own beds.  (The staff does what they call hand-over-hand for the things they are mentally incapable of doing).  There are thousands of laws dealing with their dignity, safety and rights, all intended to give them as good a life as possible.  They don't make sense in all cases.  Knowing a bit about the industry I see this as nothing more than another law trying to increase safety while avoid going too far to decrease dignity.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 19, 2016, 08:17:45 AM
Except for those that are flat out crazy. How's your meds doing for you?

Mine are fine ... how is that bottle of Everclear doing for you?

Widdershins ... no man is safe, when the Legislature is in session ;-(  My mother is currently in nursing home ... and she would escape if she could, but not because she is senile.  Do you have a relative in nursing home that you are responsible for?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 19, 2016, 08:18:07 AM
There was no guarantee.

In contrast, in Stalag 13 ... you might even be a TV star in America ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on December 19, 2016, 07:13:01 PM
It keeps my moped running.
PZ Myers

widdershins

Quote from: Baruch on December 19, 2016, 07:13:01 PM

Widdershins ... no man is safe, when the Legislature is in session ;-(  My mother is currently in nursing home ... and she would escape if she could, but not because she is senile.  Do you have a relative in nursing home that you are responsible for?
Come on.  Appeal to emotion.  I like to think you and I have a mutual respect.  That said, you're better than that.  That was a cheap shot utterly unrelated to the subject.

Yes, nursing homes suck.  This isn't news.  To be blunt, legislation didn't put your mother in a nursing home.  Family did that because they were unable or unwilling to provide the 24/7 care that she needs.  It's a decision that sucks for everyone involved, a terrible decision that nobody would ever have to make if today's medicine didn't keep us alive far longer than we're supposed to live.  My dad was terrified of being put in a nursing home.  Fortunately modern medicine couldn't keep his heart going long past the time everything else stopped working.  But none of this has anything whatsoever to do with chipping people.
This sentence is a lie...