CIA: Russia's leaked Clinton e-mails to help Trump to win

Started by drunkenshoe, December 12, 2016, 02:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on December 13, 2016, 01:50:30 AM
Aw it's okay, I am sure there is someone out there who loves you.

I am liking pr126 more these days ... should I start a love offensive?  Or just be offensive?  So few gays post here these days.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

The once trusted sources of news have probably lost some shine, as many responsible journalists seem to have drifted toward quoting what the government says, without asking the hard questions that might expose outright lies or be embarrassing enough to prevent politicos  from appearing on programs that may not properly gush over them.  But there is a difference in news sources, and we shouldn't be too quick to lump them all in with Rush Limbaugh (who has even admitted that he considers himself entertainment and not actual news).

Both liberals and conservatives feed off of sources of outright propaganda that provide the extremes with confirmation bias.  FOX News is counter balanced by MSNBC.  MSNBC is a bit less one sided, however, because it also hosts Joe Scarborough.  I also think Chris Matthews has some very conservative opinions.  But then FOX also sponsors the Simpsons.  Like Rush Limbaugh, neither of these are news.  They are commentary, which today, seems to be limited to "bashing" the opposing view. 

There is a place for actual journalistic commentary, however.  And I would actually appreciate some additional thoughtful commentary and analysis from actual news sources.  All news sources act as outlets for government propaganda.  Maybe half of the news we get is some sort of government propaganda, because what the government does affects us all in profound ways.  We want to hear what these Bozos have to say, because these Bosos can help or harm us on a whim.  But its up to us to evaluate the propaganda, rather than simply digest it.

The alternative is to simply throw out all the mail, including the dividend checks and the bills, along with the junk.  Granted there is a lot of junk, but it's not all junk, and occasionally even the junk might be something we are looking for at the moment.

But I think it's a mistake to classify all news sources as junk mail or even worse.  CNN doesn't always pass as news, but it's not as fake as FOX.  I haven't watched the network news for years, because I got rid of TV, so I probably shouldn't comment on those.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on December 13, 2016, 06:36:55 AM
I am liking pr126 more these days ... should I start a love offensive?  Or just be offensive?  So few gays post here these days.
Thank you Baruch.
But be careful associating with a persona non grata on this forum. You might get tainted.

Nonsensei

Quote from: pr126 on December 13, 2016, 07:12:34 AM
Thank you Baruch.
But be careful associating with a persona non grata on this forum. You might get tainted.

There are a few people on this forum who are dismissed because of who or what they are. That's not you. You are dismissed because of the things you say, and the flatly incorrect and blatamtly biased viewpoints you promote.

If you are persona non grata it's because you.put in the hard work necessary to earn that status.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

pr126

Quote from: Nonsensei on December 13, 2016, 09:11:40 AM
There are a few people on this forum who are dismissed because of who or what they are. That's not you. You are dismissed because of the things you say, and the flatly incorrect and blatamtly biased viewpoints you promote.

If you are persona non grata it's because you.put in the hard work necessary to earn that status.

I don't have to work hard at it at all. Just having a different political view from the rest of you.
Turning Europe and America into a third world disaster area is not what I approve of.

This is what leftist politics  does

https://youtu.be/6MJJu8q_FrM

drunkenshoe

I think this is the man who said 'if he loses, I'll get my musket', right? Now, he is acussing him with treason.

Leading Trump Mouthpiece TURNS On Trump

Former Congressman Joe Walsh is a huge fan of Donald Trump. He has made that clear throughout the election. Elected during the 2010 Tea Party wave, Walsh is about as right-wing as they come. However, despite his ardent support for Trump, it seems that Trump’s actions since becoming president-elect are a bridge too far even for Walsh. Appearing on CNN on Monday, Walsh lit into Trump, saying to host Brooke Baldwin:

“I’m outraged at the lack of outrage, especially on my side, the Republican side. I get that the country is divided, but my god: a foreign government interfered with our election. That should piss everybody off.”

“It’s like because our guy won, Trump won, we’re going to keep our mouths shut. I mean that’s just so wrong.”

Walsh continued on, saying that there is “no debate” that Russia had its thumb on the scale of the 2016 election, and that the scale was deliberately tilted for Trump. Walsh then lit into Trump himself, saying:

“It’s a fact. And then for Donald Trump … to call it ridiculous and not believe it, he ought to be ashamed of himself.”
Walsh then went full-on nuclear on Trump, and echoed former CIA Acting Director Michael Morell’s statement that what Russia did is like a political 9/11, and shouted:

“I don’t think he fully gets it, Brooke. I mean we’re Americans! This is a foreign government got involved in our election. I mean, I agree with Mike Morell, that’s like Russia attacked us.”

Walsh then went in for the kill, and accused Trump of treason live on the air:

“For Donald Trump to come out and attack our men and women in the CIA, that’s almost treasonous. Russia attacks us and Trump attacks the CIA. He ought to be the one calling for an investigation.”

I never thought I’d be saying this, but Joe Walsh is a million percent correct. Instead of attacking the CIA, Trump and transition team should be heading up the effort to get to the bottom what actually happened. If it goes deep enough, he should call for another election.

Don’t hold your breath on that one, though. All such suggestions have earned Joe Walsh is having Trump block him on Twitter and carry on with his undermining of our American democracy.

https://youtu.be/vBNor5NSMUo

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Nonsensei

Quote from: pr126 on December 13, 2016, 09:45:24 AM
I don't have to work hard at it at all. Just having a different political view from the rest of you.
Turning Europe and America into a third world disaster area is not what I approve of.

This is what leftist politics  does

https://youtu.be/6MJJu8q_FrM

In a time when right wing politics is having a devestating effect on the western world? The left is not in power right now. How will you be able to blame the left when our world slides into the shitter even faster than ever before?

But that's not really relevant. You said you have a different political view than the rest of us. Carefully selected words used to lend yourself some legitimacy and suggest you views are in equal footing with any other viewpoint.

In reality, you saying that us like Trump's new education secretary describing creationism as "just a different viewpoint from evolution". When she does that she implicitly implies creationism is on equal footing with evolution but we all know how unbelievably false that is.

It's the same with your political views. Bias and hatred laden nonsense spewed on these forums in the most opinionated and fact free format possible, but if anyone calls you out on it, suddenly it's all because you are persona non grata?

How does it feel to engage in the victimhood nerrative right wing dipshits so often accuse liberals of using?

People don't dismiss you because you hold a different view. They dismiss you because your views have as few anchors in reality as they can have without totally disintegrating into nonsensical drivel.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

TomFoolery

Quote from: Nonsensei on December 13, 2016, 10:39:05 AM
But that's not really relevant. You said you have a different political view than the rest of us. Carefully selected words used to lend yourself some legitimacy and suggest you views are in equal footing with any other viewpoint.

It's the same with your political views. Bias and hatred laden nonsense spewed on these forums in the most opinionated and fact free format possible, but if anyone calls you out on it, suddenly it's all because you are persona non grata?

How does it feel to engage in the victimhood nerrative right wing dipshits so often accuse liberals of using?

People don't dismiss you because you hold a different view. They dismiss you because your views have as few anchors in reality as they can have without totally disintegrating into nonsensical drivel.

Well said. I gave up listening to pr126 a long time ago, just like I no longer bother engaging the man on the corner who screams about chemtrails. He has all the evidence in the world too; too bad it's all shit wrapped up in an argument that only holds water in his version of reality. There comes a point when you just have to stop trying to reason with delusional. But you're right again that so many delusional people try to slip their delusions into the mainstream by saying "I'm entitled to my opinion" or "we just think differently."

Ghandi thought very differently than I do. So did Joseph Stalin. Saying "we just think differently" is usually pretty benign, but it's also sometimes used as an excuse to shelter beliefs that should have ended up on the scrap heap of history. And having the opinion that Muslims are dangerous or that the alt-right are the saviors of our generation is also an opinion, but the sad part is a lot of people form those opinions based on facts which aren't facts at all. Not all opinions are entitled to be treated as actual candidates for the truth simply because someone believes them. I'm sure I can find news sources which prove Obama is nothing more than an alien lizard man wearing a human costume. So what?
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

widdershins

This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

Quote from: widdershins on December 13, 2016, 11:46:07 AM
Why wouldn't Putin help the guy willing to blow him?

Jealous much?  Once you have tried Stroganoff, there is no going back ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: Baruch on December 13, 2016, 12:47:09 PM
Jealous much?  Once you have tried Stroganoff, there is no going back ;-)
Getting blown by an Oompa Loompa with acromegaly doesn't do it for me.
This sentence is a lie...

Unbeliever

Quote from: pr126 on December 12, 2016, 05:46:41 AM
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/12/fake_news_the_cia_says_russia_preferred_trump.html

Meanwhile, the Post and much of the mainstream media, in their mania to discredit Trump, will publish almost any sort of "news" nowadays, even if it's as fake as the nonsense that makes up much of the blogosphere.

So, the mainstream media couldn't do enough to get Chump put into the office, now they can't do enough to discredit him? Our country is indeed schizophrenic.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Youssuf Ramadan on December 12, 2016, 07:31:31 AM
Either way, it makes the US establishment look weak and stupid.
That's because the US establishment is weak and stupid...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: widdershins on December 13, 2016, 03:21:52 PM
Getting blown by an Oompa Loompa with acromegaly doesn't do it for me.

But didn't I see you doing Obama ... that is Kenyan for Oompa ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on December 12, 2016, 01:20:10 PM
But Hillary and Barak voted for that one, so it was good, yes?

No, nobody is saying anything like that. What kind of a reasoning is that, if it is some sort of a reasoning at all.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp