News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A small victory!

Started by LoneQuietus, February 24, 2013, 05:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneQuietus

Every now and again, it all seems worth it when you can get a theist to actually consider what you have to say. It's not a deconversion story, but I'll take my small victories where I can get them. I'm a little bit proud of my friend. :D
Memento Mori

WitchSabrina

That was great that you got him to stop and think a min.
Good job, you.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Davka

Unfortunately, all too often "i need to study the bible more" means "i need to ask my pastor to explain away what the bible says."

However, I think it's a good idea to encourage Christians to study the entire bible, cover-to-cover. Show them the free online interlinear Hebrew and Greek texts, too, and encourage them to study multiple translations side by side. Anyone who seriously studies the bible for themselves (as opposed to listening to the claims of a pastor or other "expert" hand-waver) is going to come across some very difficult things. The bible cannot be reconciled with what is taught from most pulpits.

Savior2006

Quote from: "Davka"Unfortunately, all too often "i need to study the bible more" means "i need to ask my pastor to explain away what the bible says."

Let's hope that isn't the case this time, though I won't hold my breath.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano