News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

the aliens did it

Started by fencerider, November 30, 2016, 01:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 02, 2016, 10:55:24 AM
Hell, they even invented baseball and ice cream; the crowning glory of humanity.

SOME people claim that only God could create baseball.  Just ask George Will.  SOME might claim the same for ice cream (though between you and me, if it doesn't have cherries or peaches in it, it isn't worth eating).

Professional basketball, on the other paw, is the devil's work...

And even the devil won't claim Pro Wrestling.  Or Nascar.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 02, 2016, 10:44:47 AM
I actually suspect that might just possibly maybe be true.  Given proof of existence, of course.

Remember, per Ensign Chekov, Russians invented super heroes first!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on December 02, 2016, 01:02:21 PM
Remember, per Ensign Chekov, Russians invented super heroes first!
And scotch.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on December 02, 2016, 11:10:20 AM
SOME people claim that only God could create baseball.  Just ask George Will.  SOME might claim the same for ice cream (though between you and me, if it doesn't have cherries or peaches in it, it isn't worth eating).

Professional basketball, on the other paw, is the devil's work...

And even the devil won't claim Pro Wrestling.  Or Nascar.
Some people claim god created aliens.  We both know that is wrong.  And don't assume all aliens are good.  Or bad.  But you can assume George Will is bad--he was created by god.  Baseball was created by the best of the aliens for the best of humans. :)))  As for ice cream, one can put in pounds of cherries or peaches (or even both)--or any of a bunch of other stuff.  Aliens must have invented ice cream--the same aliens that created baseball!  :))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 02, 2016, 12:26:07 PM
Oh.
Well, maybe not Trump--I can't see anything actually creating that piece of shit.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 02, 2016, 10:34:31 AM
And the woman is the Hard-to-See Woman.

She may be hard to see but she's easy to look at!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 02, 2016, 02:54:59 PM
Well, maybe not Trump--I can't see anything actually creating that piece of shit.
Chump was invented by right-wing media, I think.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 02, 2016, 03:45:28 PM
Chump was invented by right-wing media, I think.

What right-wing media ... you mean that Hillary, who was boosted by the media ... is a Right winger?  There is Bolshevik media and Menshevik media ... there is no right-wing media.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on December 02, 2016, 06:36:20 PM
What right-wing media ... you mean that Hillary, who was boosted by the media ... is a Right winger?  There is Bolshevik media and Menshevik media ... there is no right-wing media.
Sometimes I think you just stick words together and don't look at them, ever.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 02, 2016, 06:47:58 PM
Sometimes I think you just stick words together and don't look at them, ever.

Most people think that Federal Reserve notes are actual money, instead of a failed form of toilet paper.  What is real, and what people think is real, is widely variant ... I thought an atheist could appreciate that in a nation of Church zombies ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on December 02, 2016, 07:11:26 PM
Most people think that Federal Reserve notes are actual money, instead of a failed form of toilet paper.  What is real, and what people think is real, is widely variant ... I thought an atheist could appreciate that in a nation of Church zombies ;-)
I see you agree with me.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 02, 2016, 07:13:38 PM
I see you agree with me.

Church folks are certainly zombies, according to atheists, because they are the most needy in the brain department ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: Baruch on December 02, 2016, 07:27:31 PM
Church folks are certainly zombies, according to atheists, because they are the most needy in the brain department ;-)
Not a great comparison, though, because they tend to neither like nor want brains.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

Quote from: widdershins on December 06, 2016, 11:28:28 AM
Not a great comparison, though, because they tend to neither like nor want brains.

That is primarily a Christian problem, thanks to Pauline theology.  Jews and Muslims wouldn't agree ... being smart is not anti-religion.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.