Theist:Why do you think God does not exist what are your reasons?

Started by John Paul, November 26, 2016, 04:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godis

So much hatred being expressed here.  Is that how it normally is? Or is that how "abnormally" it is?

Godis

I was kind of hoping someone would bring up the dilemma that if God wants rationally-thinking creatures to love Him and serve Him, then it's impossible because God would have the ability to create and program automatons to think, act, and choose exactly as He wants.  Now that would be something to debate!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 08:30:05 PM
Blackleaf,
You probably hate mathematics because you don't take the time to fully understand it.  Is that how you deal with God too?
It seems to me that not only are you an idiot--but a nontruthful one as well.  You introduced yourself as one who is not sure if they wanted to embrace atheism.  Clearly you are a brainless shill for your religion.

Atheists don't 'deal' with god.  God does not exist.  Get it through your thick skull that we don't think a fiction is real.  You do.  I don't deal with the boogy man either.  Or Bugs Bunny.  They are fictions.  You do. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 07:54:27 PMMathematics is the language of science, but you must have faith to believe the basic premises of mathematics.
Haha, no.  Math doesn't require faith.  Math consists of abstractions and logic designed to chug out predictable results from identical givens.  Math is a tool, not a cult.  Evidently, you're so faith-addled that you can no longer tell the difference.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 10, 2017, 09:27:07 PM
Haha, no.  Math doesn't require faith.  Math consists of abstractions and logic designed to chug out predictable results from identical givens.  Math is a tool, not a cult.  Evidently, you're so faith-addled that you can no longer tell the difference.
What I find funny in a not so funny way is that math perfectly defined all readily observable existence totally and completely, but to many supposed free thinkers this doesn't speak to intelligent design at all.

It's intellectually dishonest to not admit that it is probable that some intellegent creative force caused existence to form into what we have today. All natural laws that we have thus far stumbled across support intellegent design, not chaos.

So why poke at theists? Are not most here some sort of deist in actuallity?

Hydra009

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 10, 2017, 09:54:03 PMWhat I find funny in a not so funny way is that math perfectly defined all readily observable existence totally and completely
Haha.  Nice sarcasm.  Wait a sec, that wasn't sarcastic?

Yeah, the reason math is as complex as it is is because lots of people have had to invent whole new fields of mathematics to model stuff that existing math couldn't handle.  Newsflash:  it doesn't model reality totally nor very easily.  Hence the very smart people still working on that.

QuoteIt's intellectually dishonest to not admit that it is probable that some intellegent creative force caused existence to form into what we have today. All natural laws that we have thus far stumbled across support intellegent design, not chaos.
:histerical:  That was a joke, right?

QuoteSo why poke at theists? Are not most here some sort of deist in actuallity?
Have you seriously never looked at the site's url or banner?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 10, 2017, 10:10:02 PM
Haha.  Nice sarcasm.  Wait a sec, that wasn't sarcastic?

Yeah, the reason math is as complex as it is is because lots of people have had to invent whole new fields of mathematics to model stuff that existing math couldn't handle.  Newsflash:  it doesn't model reality totally nor very easily.  Hence the very smart people still working on that.
:histerical:  That was a joke, right?
Have you seriously never looked at the site's url or banner?
Completely justified hypocricy

Hydra009

I'm still gonna need a tiebreaker here:  a joke mistaken as a serious argument or the dumbest thing I've seen today?

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 10, 2017, 09:54:03 PM

So why poke at theists? Are not most here some sort of deist in actuallity?
A deist is still a theist.  This is an atheist site.  Atheist, by definition, don't think god or gods exist--even the ones that have come and gone.  You theists that visit here insist that all of us here believe in god--its just that we hate him.  Can't you understand that I don't think god(s) exist.  That is my default setting--no god--god is a fiction--so I don't dwell on any god and don't wonder why it acts as it does; it is a fiction and does not act in any fashion.  But I do wonder why theists believe as they do.  I have come to the conclusion they all suffer from a form of mental illness.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

doorknob

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 08:35:05 PM
So much hatred being expressed here.  Is that how it normally is? Or is that how "abnormally" it is?

actually what you are perceiving as being hateful towards god is actually hatred for preachy christian who come here to try saving us heathens. Common sense is not the same as hatred and I have no feelings towards god or gods than I do about Santa clause or fairies. 

I love how christians come here and tell us we are hateful  or angry when the reality is we are just mater of factly stating facts. They have these preconceptions that atheists are hateful people. Probably because their idiotic book tells them so.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 10, 2017, 11:11:07 PM
A deist is still a theist.  This is an atheist site.  Atheist, by definition, don't think god or gods exist--even the ones that have come and gone.  You theists that visit here insist that all of us here believe in god--its just that we hate him.  Can't you understand that I don't think god(s) exist.  That is my default setting--no god--god is a fiction--so I don't dwell on any god and don't wonder why it acts as it does; it is a fiction and does not act in any fashion.  But I do wonder why theists believe as they do.  I have come to the conclusion they all suffer from a form of mental illness.
I didn't say all here are deists now did I. So, you, not being a deist, had little business responding as my comment obviously wasn't addressing you.

Don't get it twisted. I was an actual atheist and know what a real atheist is. But most many here are deists and you cannot speak for them

popsthebuilder

Quote from: doorknob on February 10, 2017, 11:37:48 PM
actually what you are perceiving as being hateful towards god is actually hatred for preachy christian who come here to try saving us heathens. Common sense is not the same as hatred and I have no feelings towards god or gods than I do about Santa clause or fairies. 

I love how christians come here and tell us we are hateful  or angry when the reality is we are just mater of factly stating facts. They have these preconceptions that atheists are hateful people. Probably because their idiotic book tells them so.
Read your own degrading post and then attempt to say all you do is plainly state facts.

Mr.Obvious

Who are all these deists? I think there are a few, but not many.
And what do you mean with real atheist @popsthebuilder ?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on February 11, 2017, 07:33:07 AM
Who are all these deists? I think there are a few, but not many.
And what do you mean with real atheist @popsthebuilder ?
I meant as opposed to the proclaimed atheist who is in actuallity a deist.

As far as naming them; I cannot. I am basing my assumption on previous interactions with other atheist forums. Namely TTA