Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Baruch on November 24, 2016, 07:04:19 AM
But if you really cared ... you would go to N Dakota to support the anti-oil pipeline protestors.

if i had a sniper rifle yes

AllPurposeAtheist

We had flying pig.. It was labeled as turkey, but was definitely ham..  Someone (not me) sent a preprepared meal via UPS labeled turkey so it was flying pig as best I can tell.

Personally is every holiday from now till the end of time was cancelled I'd be just fine..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

That's the spirit..let's make every holiday into some argumentative political debate. Don't forget the upcoming, never ending war on Christmas..

Baruch

Traditional people, know how to celebrate, modern people don't.

This is because traditional people are alive, and modern people aren't.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

So this alleged meal we had yesterday came from the honey baked ham company..You can quite literally do better at the Dollar General frozen food section for probably less than half the price or less,  but the funny thing is after Sylvia called them today about selling flying pig meat as turkey they're still insisting it's turkey. Either someone's lying or something has gone horribly wrong with turkey biology. For the record Honey Baked Ham company is not one I would ever have chosen to do business with if for no other reason than I hate all the sweet shit people try to pass off as 'tasty'.. It's not. Some food just has no fucking business having sugar dumped in or on it.

Hydra009

I had a really great Thanksgiving.  Light traffic, so I made record time.  Family was great.  The food was great.  I became BFFs with the family dog after I "accidentally" dropped some turkey scraps in front of him.  Visited a park with a bunch of sculptures.  Good times.

Munch

Almost all holidays are about murder in some form or other. Christmas = saturnalia, which had ritual sacrifice and orgies. Easter = banging a guy up on a cross to die slowly. St Patrick's day = eating leprechauns (substituted with lucky charms).
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Munch on November 30, 2016, 02:45:33 PM
St Patrick's day = eating leprechauns (substituted with lucky charms).

Valentine's Day, eating something else.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 30, 2016, 03:01:28 PM
Valentine's Day, eating something else.

Well that one involves the murder of a guy named Valentine for performing illegal weddings.

Here we have guy fawkes night, which involved the public execution of fawkes.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Among the things on the busy itinerary that the relatives had planned for me, I tried out  virtual reality demonstrations of the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive at Microsoft Store.  Wow!  Just Wow!  The technology is farther along than what I thought it would be.  It's quite a dramatic experience, but these were just demonstrations that you could not interact with.  They warned me that some people experienced motion sickness with the Oculus Rift, but I didn't experience any negative effects.  I see potential down the road.  The head gear was not awkward, and the weight wasn't that noticeable in spite of it cumbersome appearance.

Apparently Microsoft is planning some kind of flight Simulator to go with it, but it's not in the works yet.  No details were available.  It might be some sort of arcade game, rather than an actual flight simulator on the order of Flight Simulator X.   

Baruch

Virtual reality?  Will be in use by Israeli military in a few more months:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-15/microsoft-s-hololens-technology-adopted-by-israeli-military

Not related to the OP?  Thanksgiving in the US is a Union Civil War holiday.  Soon the boys in blue will be able to shoot down the boys in grey, without leaving their mother's parlor.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on November 24, 2016, 07:04:19 AM
But if you really cared ... you would go to N Dakota to support the anti-oil pipeline protestors.

I ran into a Native buddy the other day, and after a bit of inconsequential chit-chat I asked him if he'd been keeping up with the goings on in N.D., and he says "Not my tribe." I was a bit taken aback, to say the least.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman