Coming to a totalitarian home country near you ...

Started by Baruch, November 29, 2016, 08:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

http://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-new-tool-for-social-control-a-credit-rating-for-everything-1480351590

The Elites everywhere are getting blue-balls ... they will have to rent some more of those underage girls that Bill Clinton and his friends were using or suffer permanent groin damage.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"Communist" China is oddly beautiful... watching videos from Chongqing (China's "secret" [to the West, unheard of] mega-city), there are people who revere Karl Marx like Stalin or Mao... the English Communist who did... stuff.  They praise him, then go down to the mall to buy the latest knock-off product at the cheapest price using the money they made at the job they chose.

The imagery was, and to an extent is, hyper-communist, but the Chinese capitalists and capitalistic culture put ours to shame. I really don't know what to compare it to, it is just such an odd disconnect. Really, for lack of a better comparison it reminds me of Christians who are vehemently condemning gays while they sneak off at lunch to suck another man's dick #nohomoforgodo.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

I will say this though... Take anything western media has to say about China's society with a very large and very coarse grain of Himalayan salt... just as we would with what Chinese media says about us.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

We admit that China media is State controlled ... we deny that our media is State controlled.  So how are we different from China?

I love China, know someone who worked for some months in Shanghai a few years ago.  Anyone who allows themselves to be truly overturned by exposure to foreign culture, or better yet, to live it for awhile ... is never the same.  Parochialism kills.

The Global Elite share notes.  Whether it is over turning Facebook into Big Brother, or pulling the plug on all means of exchange, so that you can't buy or sell without the mark of the Beast.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 29, 2016, 08:53:17 PM
Wow, that is really disturbing.

I work with an IT guy who can't wait to do away with money, to run everything in his life thru his smart phone, and wants the State to control and automate every aspect of his life.  Maniac.  Love Big Brother.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on November 29, 2016, 10:53:56 PM
I will say this though... Take anything western media has to say about China's society with a very large and very coarse grain of Himalayan salt... just as we would with what Chinese media says about us.

I was just reading in a September newspaper (I am WAY behind) about the Chinese going crazy about Obama'a media and security people.  They screamed that it was THEIR country and our security and media had NO RIGHTS.  And they were probably correct.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

China sees itself as the next big empire.  They don't see Russia filling that role.  The problem States get into, is they start acting as if they are already invincible, when they aren't.  Hitler made this mistake ... and he even looked invincible.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 02, 2016, 07:22:42 PM
China sees itself as the next big empire.  They don't see Russia filling that role.  The problem States get into, is they start acting as if they are already invincible, when they aren't.  Hitler made this mistake ... and he even looked invincible.

If he hadn't attacked The Soviets....
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!