How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: fencerider on February 26, 2017, 01:16:21 AM
Trump has a little magic spell called Twitter. Every time he casts a Twitter spell people jump. Some are pleased and some say ouch!
Yeah, he's the Twit-in Chief, all right...I've never seen a bigger twit than him in office, and I'm 60 years old! I remember Dan (the potato[e]) Quayle!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

I see he ran out of handwavium before he got a replacement for the ACA on paper. :lol:
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on February 26, 2017, 01:41:31 AM
How do I feel about Trump as President?  Well, if completely natural events (and I emphasize that) caused his and Pence's demise, I would dance a little jig of happiness.
Quote from: Mark Twain? Clarence Darrow? Overland Monthly? Anonymous?
I Have Never Killed Any One, But I Have Read Some Obituary Notices with Great Satisfaction

God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on February 26, 2017, 09:31:55 AM
I'm not saying that Trump and his spokespeople are deliberately seeking a dictatorship,
I'm afraid that's exactly what their agenda is - though accomplishing same is an entirely different fish. But they may destroy America in the process of failing to achieve their agenda. That's what really scares me, that they'll go to ANY lengths to get all the power.
God Not Found

Sorginak

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 28, 2017, 05:16:46 PM
That's what really scares me, that they'll go to ANY lengths to get all the power.

Especially considering that Trump has the mentality of a spoiled child who must get his way or else. 

Unbeliever

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 26, 2017, 10:07:22 PM
President Trump’s budget outline calls for a surge in military spending and sharp cuts to nondefense agencies, including the E.P.A.
Sunday, February 26, 2017 7:02 PM EST
President Trump will instruct federal agencies on Monday to assemble a budget for the coming fiscal year that would include sharp increases in Defense Department spending; major cuts to other agencies, including the Environmental Protection Agency; and no reductions to the largest entitlement programs, Social Security and Medicare, according to four senior administration officials.
The outline, drafted by Office of Management and Budget director, Mick Mulvaney, is the first volley to the federal agencies.
Read more »
Yeah, I heard about this, and he wants to increase the size and capability of our "nookyuler" forces...my bet is that they'll be used sometime in the near future.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: trdsf on February 27, 2017, 12:01:18 AM
It never has.  That's kind of the whole point.  Republicans always promise their base everything, then fuck them over as soon as they have the chance.

George Dumbass Bush swore that he was going to be the "pro-life" (HAH!  Look at his record on the death penalty and try that line again!) president, and did fuck-all for the Talebangelicals even when he had a GOP House and Senate both.  The closest he got was coming down on stem cell research.  He never did anything more than piss and moan about abortions, and trim funding at the edges.  He made no serious effort to do anything about Roe v WadeEven the wingnuts have actually noticed that little fact.

So yeah.  Words and actions have traditionally been two completely different things to Republicans.  Democrats aren't guiltless here, but they haven't been so blatantly and vastly hypocritical as the GOP.
I doubt the G.O.P. wants to really do away with Roe v. Wade, since it's one of their best hot-button issues, one that really stirs up their base. Though maybe they can invent some different issues with which to infuriate their base...
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 28, 2017, 05:11:57 PM
I see he ran out of handwavium before he got a replacement for the ACA on paper. :lol:

Congressional Republicans finally realized that ACA was a Republican plan after all.  But it is still spiraling into failure month by month.  It will auger in if they don't fix it, and there is no way to fix it, that will gather more votes ... so auger in it will.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 28, 2017, 05:26:14 PM
I doubt the G.O.P. wants to really do away with Roe v. Wade, since it's one of their best hot-button issues, one that really stirs up their base. Though maybe they can invent some different issues with which to infuriate their base...
They got people to scream in front of Target stores last year.  Whipping morons into a frenzy is not difficult for them.

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

fencerider

DonRump just made a speech to Congress 2/28 6pm. said ge's gonna cut FDA regulation. seriously? I heard the FDA is so corrupt that an audit would probably get 50% of them fired. They already approve drugs that kill people in the name of profits and now he wants more??? This dude is so stupid that he has no idea the level of brain-washing that has been put in his head.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on February 28, 2017, 10:49:07 PM
DonRump just made a speech to Congress 2/28 6pm. said ge's gonna cut FDA regulation. seriously? I heard the FDA is so corrupt that an audit would probably get 50% of them fired. They already approve drugs that kill people in the name of profits and now he wants more??? This dude is so stupid that he has no idea the level of brain-washing that has been put in his head.

Yep, the President is just as ignorant as the people he is governing.  And yes, all drugs, including aspirin, should be banned as harmful.  That solves the "drug expense" problem.  But y'all think Obama and Hillary are geniuses.  Just because they agree with you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 28, 2017, 05:16:46 PM
I'm afraid that's exactly what their agenda is - though accomplishing same is an entirely different fish. But they may destroy America in the process of failing to achieve their agenda. That's what really scares me, that they'll go to ANY lengths to get all the power.

The US was destroyed already, in 1865.  It deserved to die.  Been in a zombie state ever since.  Per the gothic movie, Lincoln was a vampire hunter, not a zombie slayer.  But Lincoln was a zombie maker.  That is why the US, ever since, has been in search of brains.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on March 01, 2017, 05:17:28 AM
Yep, the President is just as ignorant as the people he is governing.  And yes, all drugs, including aspirin, should be banned as harmful.

Could be, which is why I haven't taken so much as an aspirin for about 10 years or so. I don't take any pharmaceutical drugs. Haven't seen a doctor for about 15 years, when I got drunk and hurt my leg, and had to get it sewed up. I'm not getting any younger, though, so I don't know how much longer I can do without medical care.
God Not Found