How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 02, 2017, 05:08:30 PM
President Trump Warns Mexico He Might Send U.S. Troops to Take Care of 'Bad Hombres'
A year ago, I'd have thought that was a joke from The Onion.  5 years ago, I'd have asked you what you were smoking.  Today...today is a very different day.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

As someone who lives on, has family, friends and loved ones on both sides of the border... I just want to once again give a nice, large "go fuck yourself" to anyone who tries to justify this guy.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Atheon

Quote from: Shiranu on February 02, 2017, 07:16:49 PM
As someone who lives on, has family, friends and loved ones on both sides of the border... I just want to once again give a nice, large "go fuck yourself" to anyone who tries to justify this guy.
And as someone who lives overseas and travels frequently, including to Islamic-majority countries... I just want to once again give a nice, large "go fuck yourself" to anyone who tries to justify this guy.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 02, 2017, 06:59:49 PM
So, we should annex Mexico, perhaps?
Or let Mexico have Texas back, with an enclave for Austin.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Arnold Schwarzenegger fires back at Trump jab: How about 'I take over your job'?

QuoteSchwarzenegger 

Following president Donald Trump's  remarks at the National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday, in which he took a swipe at Arnold Schwarzenegger for his ratings as the new host of "Celebrity Apprentice" (which Trump previously hosted), the action idol has rapidly taken to Twitter in a video to respond.

In his remarks, Trump said he wanted "to just pray for Arnold" to have better ratings.

"Hey Donald, I have a great idea," Schwarzenegger said in the video. "Why don't we switch jobs? You take over TV, because you're such an expert in ratings, and I take over your job. Then people can finally sleep comfortably again."

God Not Found

Hydra009

Schwarzenegger would actually be better.

Sam Harris made a half-serious joke that if you took a random adult US citizen and made him/her President, that person would be a better President than Trump because they'd be so awed by the position and would know how ill-prepared they are to handle it that they'd rely heavily on experts.

Trump, on the other hand, is worse because the Kruger-Dunning effect and his habit of surrounding himself with Yes Men leads him to falsely believe he's awesome at everything and doesn't need to listen to the experts.  In fact, Stephen "wormtongue" Bannon is one of the very few people Trump listens to these days.  You don't need a crystal ball to see disaster on the horizon.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

I am absolutely sure that having a new captain for the Titanic and following his directive to rearrange the deck chairs will solve everything.  *glub* *glub*  Yep, those pesky deck chairs.  *glub* *glub*
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 04, 2017, 11:50:22 AM
I am absolutely sure that having a new captain for the Titanic and following his directive to rearrange the deck chairs will solve everything.  *glub* *glub*  Yep, those pesky deck chairs.  *glub* *glub*

The first class passengers have decided to head for the life boats ... don't tell the steerage classes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 31, 2017, 05:51:48 PM
He's pissed off
China
Europe
Mexico
Muslims
women
the media
the CIA
Native American

Who's next?

You left off us atheists...  ;)
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

That wouldn't be serious, pissing off atheists ... since the man is clearly profane.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 05, 2017, 09:11:08 AM
That wouldn't be serious, pissing off atheists ... since the man is clearly profane.

Repubs are always happy to do that...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!