How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 01, 2017, 05:44:06 PM
I guess we'll just have to wait and see, won't we?

I have waited for 16 years for Bill Clinton to go to jail.  I have waited for 8 years for George W or Dick to go to jail.  I expect I will have to wait a long time before Obama is seen at The Hague.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 01, 2017, 05:46:19 PM
Trying to use the past to predict the future smacks, to me, of the gamblers' fallacy.

You can't win, without gambling ... loser ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

So Betsy DeVos was just appointed.

Still too early to judge?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

So much for diplomacy. Apparently Australia is also on Trump's shit list for wanting us to honor refugee policy we agreed to, but will make Trump look bad politically.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/no-gday-mate-on-call-with-australian-pm-trump-badgers-and-brags/2017/02/01/88a3bfb0-e8bf-11e6-80c2-30e57e57e05d_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumpaustralia-815pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.ba16495af33d
This isn't going to be the only one. I have a feeling we'll have zero friends around the world in short order.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 01, 2017, 05:43:26 PMJust came across this by chance, but I don't know the source, so I can't vouch:

Donald Trump’s closest advisor ‘said America will be at war with China soon’

Hmm...I wonder if China knows about this?
Pretty scary stuff, but until there are more substantive provocations than tweets, I'll take it with a grain of salt.  Though judging from Trump's disposition, it might not be long until there is some sort of diplomatic incident with China.

We have a really tense relationship with China right now.  Starting shit with them is definitely not something we should be doing.  Any military clash in the South China Sea would not end well for anyone.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

I don't know if you guys heard about this, because it didn't show up in the news, but during Trump's "giving power back to the people" speech I personally made a few new laws.

1) NC minimum wage is now $12/hour instead of $7.25/hour.
2) A state mandate to generate 80% of its energy from non-carbon sources (wind, solar, nuclear, etc) by 2036.
3) The stupid bathroom bill has been abolished.

I had the power and that's what I did with it.  That's how it works, isn't it?

Atheon

An accurate picture of Il Douche if he gets his way:

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 01, 2017, 10:18:09 PM
So Betsy DeVos was just appointed.

Still too early to judge?

No, I judge the Senate and the dickiess Democrats.  Are any Democrats named ... Richard?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 01, 2017, 10:58:55 PM
So much for diplomacy. Apparently Australia is also on Trump's shit list for wanting us to honor refugee policy we agreed to, but will make Trump look bad politically.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/no-gday-mate-on-call-with-australian-pm-trump-badgers-and-brags/2017/02/01/88a3bfb0-e8bf-11e6-80c2-30e57e57e05d_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumpaustralia-815pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.ba16495af33d
This isn't going to be the only one. I have a feeling we'll have zero friends around the world in short order.

Good ... the NZ folks are stuck up, and corrupt (lots of white collar crimes based there (there is a lot of competition elsewhere too)) and Australia has sucked up too close to China, in order to rape all the minerals from the Aborigines.  I can put in a good word for Canada, and I suspect they wouldn't mind a new NAFTA that doesn't have Mexico in it.  GB may get free, with May at the helm, from the Eurocrats.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 02, 2017, 01:08:08 AM

Where is Batman when you need him?

Playing patty cake with Robin ;-(  Ironman is such more Republican.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

The former CEO of Exxon/Mobile Rex Tillerson is now Secretary of State.  You're welcome, America.

QuoteAsked to state his position on climate change during his confirmation hearing, Tillerson replied that the increases in greenhouse gas concentrations “are having an effect,” but said “our ability to predict that effect is very limited.”

When asked whether climate change causes storms or extreme weather events, Tillerson replied that “there’s some literature out there that suggests that; there’s other literature that says it’s inconclusive.”
QuoteU.S. oil companies have long enjoyed a close relationship with the State Department, which aggressively promotes the industry’s interests abroad.
https://theintercept.com/2017/02/01/four-democratic-defectors-join-gop-to-confirm-exxon-ceo-as-secretary-of-state/

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

President Trump Warns Mexico He Might Send U.S. Troops to Take Care of 'Bad Hombres'
QuoteWASHINGTON) â€" President Donald Trump warned in a phone call with his Mexican counterpart that he was ready to send U.S. troops to stop "bad hombres down there" unless the Mexican military does more to control them, according to an excerpt of a transcript of the conversation obtained by The Associated Press.

Well, who could've predicted this?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

The current Mexican government does a terrible job, even by Mexican standards.  More corrupt that Gringos.  Tell us about those student protestors massacred down there, and the perpetrators covered by the local government.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.