How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 26, 2017, 08:28:11 AM
So, it looks like the Wall has been approved... and it will be paid for with taxpayer money.

As someone who lives near the border, I know very few people in favour of this. It's all (*ahem*) white people who live further away, where they don't expect to actually see Mexicans, who are in favour of it.

We will see.  The last two walls ... two walls ... were just porkbarrel.  Also President Trump will make Mexico pay for it, with tariffs on all their goods coming North ... maybe.  They didn't say how long it would take ... the current Chinese Wall took 1700 years to build.  That is a lot of moo shoo pork ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on January 26, 2017, 10:12:51 AM
What's he gonna do when people figure out how to get on airplanes and boats or just go to Canada? I know...just build a giant inpenatrable bubble over the entire country which of course would have the added benefit of keeping all that nasty Canadian cold air out . I think it's all that Canadian air that causes all our problems. Eliminate air and we will never have to worry about crime or jobs or, well, anything ever again.

That would be a Democrat proposal .. they aren't very good with technology ... like the OPM break-in and the Hillary email server ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 24, 2017, 10:19:30 PM
If they meant it literally, which they don't.  It's a show of disapproval, nothing more.  I think it's kinda stupid, tbh, but that's just how things are now.  It happened when Dubya was elected, it happened Obama was elected, and it happened when Trump was elected.
Simply a sign of disdain, and that I can count.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 25, 2017, 05:18:24 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much the only realistic option, terrible as it is.  It's baffling to me how the Dems do so poorly despite their policies having widespread support, federally-funded healthcare for example.

This last election should've been a gimme.  A lot of the stuff that Republicans hang their hats on - opposing gay marriage, making abortion illegal, supporting creationism intelligent design (God design wink wink), opposing combating (or even recognizing) climate change - these are not winning positions.  There is no conceivable scenario where abortion is illegal again and the public is cool with that.  So you have candidates with deeply unpopular positions and somehow making out like bandits on election night.  I don't get it.

When the Democrats go up to bat, can we at least tape the bat to their hand so they don't embarrass themselves?

I call it a bloodless coup...

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Every election is a bloodless coup ... those are better than the bloody kind (the only other way to change government).

People object to their status quo being upset, both R and D people.  On the other hand, the only way for change to happen, good or bad, is for the status quo to be upset.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

120 Most Insulting Donald Trump Jokes

Some of these are pretty funny...

God Not Found

Unbeliever

Donald Trump's Eight Best Lines Ever

QuoteI would hit [ISIS] so hard your head would spin

Oh boy! A brand new source of energy - all those spinning heads would generate oodles of power!
God Not Found

Atheon

It's increasingly evident that Chump has no idea what he's doing and is just a puppet for the white-supremacist nutcase Bannon, whose stated mission is to send the US government crashing to the ground (which makes him a traitor).

It's heartening to see the People rising up en masse with the most persistent protests against a "president" I have ever seen. Protests at airports against Chump's un-American policies.

We must resist the kakistocracy with all our energy to prevent the US from becoming the fascist dictatorship that Bannon and the Religious Right want it to be.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

mauricio

Quote from: Atheon on January 29, 2017, 09:02:56 PM
It's increasingly evident that Chump has no idea what he's doing and is just a puppet for the white-supremacist nutcase Bannon, whose stated mission is to send the US government crashing to the ground (which makes him a traitor).

It's heartening to see the People rising up en masse with the most persistent protests against a "president" I have ever seen. Protests at airports against Chump's un-American policies.

We must resist the kakistocracy with all our energy to prevent the US from becoming the fascist dictatorship that Bannon and the Religious Right want it to be.

Why do you believe this to be true?

Atheon

Because his actions so far, which are extremist and very xenophobic, are part of Bannon's stated anti-American agenda.

Bannon is a known white supremacist whose goal is to cause the US government to come crashing down. Thankfully we are seeing resistance from multiple quarters. I urge everyone to donate to the ACLU, Planned Parenthood and other groups fighting for our freedom.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Now if Trump appoints David Duke chief inquisitor .. then I would be worried.  Bad enough he wants the sister of Erik Prince as Sec of Education.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 29, 2017, 08:34:09 PM
Donald Trump's Eight Best Lines Ever

Oh boy! A brand new source of energy - all those spinning heads would generate oodles of power!

oh yeah. tape some equally spaced magnets on those heads and we're taking gigaWatts of power.

I suppose we could all go to the sporting goods store and buy knee pads, elbow pads, and a helmet, then say "Ok Trump I'm ready for you now!!!".

"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Atheon