How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 19, 2017, 03:12:08 PM
It's not like we're going to wake up Saturday morning and suddenly find we're now living in a theocracy. The religious right has already been heating the water in which the frog sits, it's just that now they'll turn the heat way up. We may not even notice the next few incremental steps taken, but after a certain point the frog won't be able to jump out of the pot, and it'll be boiled until the meat falls off the bones.

I also expect that sometime during the next 4 years either we will use nukes or we will push our enemies to use them. After all, we've always been at war with East Asia...

And besides, Chump's not going to be America's president, he'll be the CEO of America, inc., so he'll do whatever he thinks is good for profit, just like any other capitalist CEO.

I have had frog legs.  Not much to-do about.  Maybe voters legs will be better? ;-)  Been waiting for flash fried Americans my whole life.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 19, 2017, 05:08:15 PM

After lax security by Podesta and DNC (and probably Hillary) led to it being posted there ;-)  No need to hack President Trump ... he puts his thoughts right out there on Twitter.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 19, 2017, 02:59:15 PM
There have been some worrying barbs exchanged between Trump and China with China preparing to retaliate to a possible trade war.  Whoever was idiot enough to think that a Trump administration would ease tensions with other countries is in for a rude awakening.

Give him a Nobel Peace Prize freebie and everything will be all right ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

I'm wearing black today in mourning for American freedom.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on January 19, 2017, 09:34:11 PM
I'm wearing black today in mourning for American freedom.

You should be doing that for the coup-de-etat led by Washington and Franklin against the Articles of Confederation ;-)  The current Constitution originated as part of a coup.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

tommorrow the guy with less brains in his head than the average 16 yr old working at mc donalds, is gonna sit in the big chair.

short evaluation: the biggest security threat to the U.S. is Donald Trump. hope we can get off this ride in one piece.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Gawdzilla Sama

Many of my cousins are refusing to believe they put an immigrant in the White House. This is going to be a sadistic kind of fun for the next four years.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 20, 2017, 06:05:33 AM
Many of my cousins are refusing to believe they put an immigrant in the White House. This is going to be a sadistic kind of fun for the next four years.

They do what they want.  The CIA doth protest too much.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 20, 2017, 07:12:46 AM
They do what they want.  The CIA doth protest too much.
Once again, please, but rationally?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on January 19, 2017, 07:28:45 PM
Been waiting for flash fried Americans my whole life.

Yeah, unlike Bernard Baruch, who tried to keep The Bomb out of anyone's hands but America's.

Different Baruch, I guess...
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on January 19, 2017, 09:48:18 PM
You should be doing that for the coup-de-etat led by Washington and Franklin against the Articles of Confederation ;-)  The cucoup d' etatrrent Constitution originated as part of a coup.
There's been a coup d' etat all right - a corporate coup d' etat. With Exxon's CEO in the state department, they'll have America, inc.'s whole military apparatus to help them make even more money. And Chump wants to beef that military up even more than it already is.

Trump on Tillerson: "He Goes into a Country, Takes the Oil, Goes into Another Country…"
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 20, 2017, 09:37:48 AM
Once again, please, but rationally?

US Historian Who Works For The CIA says ... there is no such thing as the CIA.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 20, 2017, 06:47:21 PM
US Historian Who Works For The CIA says ... there is no such thing as the CIA.
I worked for No Such Agency.
PZ Myers