How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Anyone who wants to be Emperor of the Known Universe ... is narcissist, and has to deal with Muad' Dib ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqX3VXOaiIU
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

We're worried about the environment, as well we should be.
We're worried about criminal justice, as well we should be.
We're worried about healthcare, as well we should be.

But...

The coming administration brings with it a grave danger of Dominionist theocracy:

President-Elect Trump Promises Christian Theocracy

Neocons, War Criminals & White Nationalists: Jeremy Scahill on Trump's Incoming Advisers & Cabinet

Blackwater's Prince Has GOP, Christian Group Ties

Onward Christian Cabinet: Trump’s White House Picks Are a Christmas Gift for the Religious Right

In thy name of God - Prince, DeVos and Mike Pence, the coming American Theocracy

Mike Pence Will Be the Most Powerful Christian Supremacist in U.S. History

I will not live on my knees! I truly hope America can get through this, but the religious right is primed and ready to commit all-out war on the secular nation - and that means us, people!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Hell, as long as I'm making silly predictions, I might as well state that I fully expect America and Russia to team up for a war against China, sometime in the next 4 years.

I sure hope I'm full of shit...

Just remember, you heard it hear first.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Trump’s Biggest Lie: ‘I’m The Most Militaristic Person’ In This Race

If he's really as militaristic as he claims to be, the whole world is in big trouble, not just America!

On a lighter note, I think we'll soon have to invent a lot more superlatives, since Chump will run out of them soon...

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 18, 2017, 05:39:53 PM
Hell, as long as I'm making silly predictions, I might as well state that I fully expect America and Russia to team up for a war against China, sometime in the next 4 years.

I sure hope I'm full of shit...

Three way is very stable.  The US plays the Russia Card, the Russians play the China Card, the Chinese play the US Card ... just like Yu-Gi-Oh!

Just remember, you heard it hear first.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 18, 2017, 06:05:02 PM

If he's really as militaristic as he claims to be, the whole world is in big trouble, not just America!

On a lighter note, I think we'll soon have to invent a lot more superlatives, since Chump will run out of them soon...

Obama just sent more Nato troops to the border with Russia ... damn pacifist! ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Trump proposes Communist-style military parades.

America does NOT parade its military hardware, Trump. That's what dictators do.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/01/18/trump-proposes-military-parades-in-dc/
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

24 hours to go, and the great rape of America will begin.

Kiss goodbye to your freedom.
Kiss goodbye to your money.
Kiss goodbye to your health.
Kiss goodbye to your equality.
Kiss goodbye to your livelihood.
Kiss goodbye to everything you hold dear.

The Republicans are coming to steal them all.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 18, 2017, 05:39:53 PM
Living in Taiwan, this makes me shit some bricks.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Atheon on January 19, 2017, 01:15:27 PM
24 hours to go, and the great rape of America will begin.

Kiss goodbye to your freedom.
Kiss goodbye to your money.
Kiss goodbye to your health.
Kiss goodbye to your equality.
Kiss goodbye to your livelihood.
Kiss goodbye to everything you hold dear.

The Republicans are coming to steal them all.

https://youtu.be/O5zGkqAWsWE
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on January 19, 2017, 01:16:42 PM
Living in Taiwan, this makes me shit some bricks.
There have been some worrying barbs exchanged between Trump and China with China preparing to retaliate to a possible trade war.  Whoever was idiot enough to think that a Trump administration would ease tensions with other countries is in for a rude awakening.

Unbeliever

It's not like we're going to wake up Saturday morning and suddenly find we're now living in a theocracy. The religious right has already been heating the water in which the frog sits, it's just that now they'll turn the heat way up. We may not even notice the next few incremental steps taken, but after a certain point the frog won't be able to jump out of the pot, and it'll be boiled until the meat falls off the bones.

I also expect that sometime during the next 4 years either we will use nukes or we will push our enemies to use them. After all, we've always been at war with East Asia...

And besides, Chump's not going to be America's president, he'll be the CEO of America, inc., so he'll do whatever he thinks is good for profit, just like any other capitalist CEO.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Atheon on January 15, 2017, 01:56:45 AM
People said the same about Reagan and GW Bush.
"You know that cancer people get well from when they have it? I ain't got that kind."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found