How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 12, 2017, 04:17:39 PM
What do you mean "we" paleface?

The Media is basically a social medium for voyeurism.  I only like certain kinds of nakedness ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

In the utter hypocrisy category:

QuoteI have opened this tread for discussion about the man who will Make America Great Again, the future 45th President of the United States.

God bless America and save the President!

Please, consider this #1 post as a placeholder. More text is to follow.

May I ask those who do not endorse Trump to be considerate, at least for the 1st 100 days of his presidency.

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

Somehow I have a feeling that if someone plants a bullet between the ears of the tiny handed one that someone will be heralded as a true patriot in due time.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Perhaps disappointed voters should routinely take matters into their own tiny hands?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hg9mvE1FA4

Hell to pay!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: pr126 on January 14, 2017, 04:06:22 AM
https://youtu.be/GzGqfN2q2QE

I'll be the first to admit I didn't see his actual election to president coming.
But whatever. It is what it is.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 14, 2017, 07:19:18 PM
I'll be the first to admit I didn't see his actual election to president coming.
But whatever. It is what it is.
Same here.  My roommate compared his surprise win to The Mule from the Foundation Series.  The Foundation could use a hand from the Second Foundation asap.

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 14, 2017, 08:53:08 AM
In the utter hypocrisy category:
God bless America and save the President!

Please, consider this #1 post as a placeholder. More text is to follow.

May I ask those who do not endorse Trump to be considerate, at least for the 1st 100 days of his presidency.
Yeah.  He gets from me all the courtesy, respect and coöperation the Repubs gave President Obama.

You can imagine how much that means I think The Asshole should get.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 14, 2017, 07:27:36 PM
Same here.  My roommate compared his surprise win to The Mule from the Foundation Series.  The Foundation could use a hand from the Second Foundation asap.

The Foundation are Deep State fascists.  Unpredictability is good for the market and for freedom.  Slaves and monopoly are much more predictable.  Scientific historical prediction works, if your Deep State manipulates things to work out the way "predicted", as the Atreides did on Dune.  It is magic.  You didn't mean the Clinton Foundation did you?  They are now laying off everyone (the money has gotten to the Cayman Islands) as its immediate plans are to shutter its doors now that it has completed its true Mission Accomplished.  It is magic, just like the fiat money people clamor for.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Unbeliever

A Taxonomy of Trump Tweets
QuoteAs we all know, Donald Trump's tweets have become a potent force in our new era. On the one hand, a single tweet can cripple opponents, activate supporters, move markets, and subsume the news cycle. On the other, they're a window into Trump's wee-hours, unfiltered id. But when his tweets are full of half-truths, distortions, and often bold-faced lies, should journalists treat them as normal presidential utterances, or something else? Cognitive linguist George Lakoff believes that the press must understand how Trump uses language if we're to responsibly report on his tweets, not just magnify their misinformation. He talks with Brooke about the categories he's come up with for thinking about Trump tweets.

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/01/14/1620543/--On-the-Media-takes-on-Trump-s-tweets

QuoteGeorge Lakoff, a cognitive linguist, on the taxonomy of Trump’s tweets â€" in other words, how to analyze the techniques Trump uses in his tweets.

Lakoff identifies these Trump tweeting techniques:
•Pre-emptive framing
•Diversion
•Trial Balloon
•Deflection
•Arguing from the specific to the general
•Direct vs. systemic causation

Lakoff advises journalists to handle Trump’s tweets by telling the truth first, then mentioning and dissecting the tweet, and, finally, continuing to go back to the substance and truth.

It seems to me that the whole "fake news" meme has been purposely foisted on America precisely as a form of this very "pre-emptive framing" that Lakoff discusses. If, for example, Russia (or anyone else) really did have some compromising information on The Donald, all he has to do now is call it fake news repeatedly, and just keep on keeping on, because it's already in America's mind set. Whatever damning news comes out about him it will all be called fake news and dismissed out of hand.

We have at least 4 years of this sort of thing to look forward to.

Apparently we also have years of ad hominem attacks to look forward to, since that seems to be the only way the Narcissist-in-Chief can defend himself or any of his positions.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

With His Choice Of Inauguration Prayer Leaders, Trump Shows His Values

QuoteThe six faith leaders President-elect Donald Trump has invited to pray at his inauguration come from diverse backgrounds, but they have something in common: All have personal ties to Trump or his family or have in some way signaled their approval of him, his politics or his wealth.

When these folks pray it's only a form of giving a speech and calling it "prayer." I bet they have to practice in front of mirrors just like anyone else who gives an important speech.

God Not Found

Baruch

I focus on Trump's use of Internet, like Twitter, to demolish the MSM.  The MSM is so 1960s ... time to put them on an ice raft in the Arctic Ocean.

See, if you are going to be lied to anyway, he may as well do it himself, and cut out the middle man, including Fox.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yeah, we can certainly forget about freedom of the press. We'll never again have any of that. I expect to lose the rest of the first amendment as well. In fact, the only portion of the Constitution we won't lose is the 2nd amendment.

Also, there's the psychology of the narcissist-in-Chief:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/06/the-mind-of-donald-trump/480771/

http://www.shrinktank.com/psychologists-analysis-donald-trump/
God Not Found