How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on January 05, 2017, 10:20:43 AMHe managed to bankrupt himself 6 times.
Technically, his companies went bankrupt, not him.  And a lot of those were tied to the struggling Atlantic City gambling industry.

But yeah, he's not all that great of a businessman.  In fact, his main skill seems to be marketing.  He might've made money as a businessman, but his true wealth was made by selling his name.

Ultimately, the businessman angle is irrelevant.  It wouldn't matter if he was the best CEO on the planet - being President is an entirely different ballgame.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on January 05, 2017, 03:27:19 PM
If you want to really be scared, just remember this: Congress has just told him he can govern by tweet, in the haste with which they backed down from their proposed ethics office rules.  Never mind that it was (inexplicably) the right thing to do, they have told the bully that they are willing to be bullied.

Congress has been chicken shit for 2000 years, except to President Andrew Johnson, and President Bill Clinton.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

When Trumpette is sworn in he will be the Establishment. I'm going have fun watching him drain his own swamp.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

More fun, I suppose, than watching him drain his own lizard...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 06, 2017, 07:26:37 AM
When Trumpette is sworn in he will be the Establishment. I'm going have fun watching him drain his own swamp.

Opposite impossible problem, to boot-strapping yourself upward.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 06, 2017, 02:14:11 PM
More fun, I suppose, than watching him drain his own lizard...

Some contortionists can auto-fellatio.  I suspect some politicians can do that too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

oh yes donald trump barnkruptcy artist. so history is repeating. last dunce in the big chair Harry Truman bankrupted every biz he tried to start before a rich friend of the family got him chosen as a senator. I dont think liquidating Trump Tower will be enough to offset the disaster of DonRump sitting in the big chair
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on January 07, 2017, 01:55:26 AM
oh yes donald trump barnkruptcy artist. so history is repeating. last dunce in the big chair Harry Truman bankrupted every biz he tried to start before a rich friend of the family got him chosen as a senator. I dont think liquidating Trump Tower will be enough to offset the disaster of DonRump sitting in the big chair

I would take Truman back in an Independence Missouri minute!  And Ike ... I Like Ike!  You simply have no taste in corrupt politicians (they are all corrupt).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

i know, i know. corruption is a job requirement for politicians.

and getting rid of Trump by impeachment isnt gonna change much. we might go from someone wrecking things because he doesnt know what he is doing to someone wrecking things that does know what he is doing. is it worse to have president Trump or president Pence?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

trdsf

Quote from: fencerider on January 07, 2017, 08:32:08 PM
i know, i know. corruption is a job requirement for politicians.

and getting rid of Trump by impeachment isnt gonna change much. we might go from someone wrecking things because he doesnt know what he is doing to someone wrecking things that does know what he is doing. is it worse to have president Trump or president Pence?
Pence is a homophobic cunt.  Trump is a bigoted cunt.  Either way, we're stuck with a cunt.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Negative advocacy ranting ... not convincing at all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on January 08, 2017, 03:59:58 AM
Negative advocacy ranting ... not convincing at all.

OK. What is it that he is trying to convince people and why is he not convincing?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?