How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Cavebear on January 01, 2017, 03:55:20 AM
Jail the plutocrats...  Assumption of bribery...
Jail?

As long as we name this "jail":

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on January 03, 2017, 11:41:52 AM
Jimmy Carter trained for nuclear engineering.  Hoover had a degree in geology.  And Thomas Jefferson did a fair amount of noodling around in the sciences, particularly archaeology and mathematics, and served as president of the American Philosophical Society, which was the leading scientific association of the day.

So yes.

So when any of those three guys run for office again (don't forget Benjamin Franklin) ... vote early, vote often ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Unbeliever

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on December 31, 2016, 11:51:40 AM
I would hardly equate Clinton with Koch(The Koch brothers are Republican), but anyway, we all know Hillary has no skills in that area, thus Monica.

I heard Lewinsky wanted to move to Cuba 'cause Castro had bigger cigars...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Atheon

I need to go to the toilet and squeeze a Trump out of my rectum. It needs to be flushed.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 04, 2017, 05:54:01 AM
Gawd, this thread... :lol:

Americans hate each other, and are sore losers.  I don't mind that my candidate lost, and I don't hate anyone (a former opponent might be a future ally).  Now excuse me while I go hide for in my "safe space".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on January 04, 2017, 06:27:53 AM
Americans hate each other, and are sore losers.

There was a horse called Broad Brush that I wagered on once upon a time, which went off at 16 to 1 on the tote board. It beat out 2 former Kentucky Derby winners, Ferdinand and Snow Chief, and I actually handicapped the race correctly and picked Broad Brush!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAEZ-QRAts8

So I'm a bit partial to broad brushes, but not when I and my fellow Americans are painted with one.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 12, 2016, 01:32:13 AM
Imagine for a second if Sarah Palin were President.  Now strip away her political experience and give her even more outrageous quotes.  We're talking repugnant to the point that big names in the Republican Party have openly criticized her.  Now imagine she gets to name not only a Cabinet but also at least one Supreme Court justice.

But much better looking (8 years ago) than The Donald ;-)

Unbeliever - without overgeneralization, people have nothing to talk about ;-)  I am not a sore loser, and I don't hate anyone ... so per Not A True Scotsman ... I can't be a real American ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Trump dismisses US intelligence agencies.  When he fails in the first crisis, maybe he will learn.  Maybe it will take 2 crises. Or 3.  How many can we afford?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hakurei Reimu

He managed to bankrupt himself 6 times. That is, he failed to learn the first five times, and may not have learned the sixth. I'm not hopeful.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 04, 2017, 11:37:24 PM
Trump dismisses US intelligence agencies.  When he fails in the first crisis, maybe he will learn.  Maybe it will take 2 crises. Or 3.  How many can we afford?

That is assuming they are legit.  If the Dallas conspiracy is true (and Congress admitted to it in the 1970s) ... then a defenestration is in order ... or we can stop voting, and just have the CIA install a Fearless Leader.  Everyone fails in their first crisis, including George W and Barak ... genius, both of them.

Per the spooks, who are paranoid by profession, only WW III and the elimination of all enemies (most of humanity) can get the US to a safe space.  That price is too high.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on January 05, 2017, 10:20:43 AM
He managed to bankrupt himself 6 times. That is, he failed to learn the first five times, and may not have learned the sixth. I'm not hopeful.

Experience is better than good luck.  He may do better as President, than as a businessman.  This was true of Truman.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

If you want to really be scared, just remember this: Congress has just told him he can govern by tweet, in the haste with which they backed down from their proposed ethics office rules.  Never mind that it was (inexplicably) the right thing to do, they have told the bully that they are willing to be bullied.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan