How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

This is why so many lawyers become politicians, I guess:

Lying sets up a liar's brain to lie more

At least Chump's no lawyer, but he certainly seems quite the capable liar. Practice makes perfect...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on December 18, 2016, 12:39:20 AM
what do i think of Trump???? How does a good old boy who is as dumb as a brick make it to 70 yrs? A better question would be did anybody vote for Trump because they thought he is smarter than they are?
The last time we had someone so unprepared become president was Harry Truman in the middle of WW2. (at least he admitted he was unprepared when he was chosen as VP). What did Truman get us? the cold war, by appointing scum to run the CIA and FBI he created problems and hatred around the world for the U.S. that we are still dealing with today. let's not forget he was sitting in the big chair. when all the generals on the ground; except the one in charge of the bomb, were telling him we didn't need to use it because Japan would fall in less than 2 weeks, Truman decided that we had to bomb Japan just to show Russia what we could do.

Truman got into office already hating Russia and quickly undermined all the work Roosevelt put into making a friendly relationship with Russia.

You watchin the tube? I think Trump is going into office with some hatred as well. and his brain is as small as Truman. It isn't a big stretch to think he will cause some kind of incident that will royally screw the U.S.

Truman had help, he had Churchill take him under his wing ;-)  Half of the government (including Truman) was opposed to siding with Stalin in the first place ... they did a bit of a policy coup circa Fall 1944 ... to get rid of the Red VP, and to replace the proposed plan (to keep post-war Germany in the Stone Age) with the more practical .. lets use Germany as a bulwark against Stalin.  That also stopped the The Werwolves.  Truman let an open door exist for escaping Nazis, and brought many war criminals to the US (his last name is German-American).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: fencerider on December 18, 2016, 12:39:20 AM
what do i think of Trump???? How does a good old boy who is as dumb as a brick make it to 70 yrs? A better question would be did anybody vote for Trump because they thought he is smarter than they are?
All he'd have to do would be to say that he's the smartest person alive twenty times a day and that'd be enough for some people.

QuoteThe last time we had someone so unprepared become president was Harry Truman in the middle of WW2.
Imo, we've never had someone so unprepared, at least as far as I can tell.  He wasn't exactly a policy wonk on the campaign trail, which is typically a very bad sign.

QuoteTruman got into office already hating Russia and quickly undermined all the work Roosevelt put into making a friendly relationship with Russia.

You watchin the tube? I think Trump is going into office with some hatred as well. and his brain is as small as Truman. It isn't a big stretch to think he will cause some kind of incident that will royally screw the U.S.
We won't know that for sure until it happens, but yeah, I think that's likely.

reasonist

With a little help from my friends...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/donkeyhotey/28512617446
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Baruch

Wouldn't work the other way ... Putin is buff, Trump is not.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: trdsf on November 11, 2016, 07:50:54 PM
I may be white and middle-aged, but I'm also a gay atheist, so I'm not in the *least* looking forward to the next four years (or however long it takes for him to do something so appalling even the GOP decides to impeach him... unfortunately, Pence is a homophobic  sack of shit so he's not going to be an improvement).

For the moment, I'm actually ashamed to be an American.  My country is supposed to be better than this.  And the next Trumpie who tells me that "Oh, he can't really believe all those horrible things he said" gets punched because they will also turn around and complain that Hillary "always lies".  So they went and voted for someone on the *hope* he was lying?  Fuck.
Isn't it amazing how this statement seems to come up when there's a Republican in office?  I remember saying it last when Bush was in office and legitimizing torture.
This sentence is a lie...

Unbeliever

If Reagan was considered "the Teflon president," I wonder what Chump's presidential nickname will be? Maybe "the quasicrystal president," or maybe even "the BAM president."

http://interestingengineering.com/bam-slipperiest-material-world/

QuoteBAM: Almost as hard as diamond while stealing the title for the world’s most slippery material ever created is more slippery than Teflon and makes components last many times  longer.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 20, 2016, 06:22:01 PM
This is why so many lawyers become politicians, I guess:

Lying sets up a liar's brain to lie more

At least Chump's no lawyer, but he certainly seems quite the capable liar. Practice makes perfect...
Worse, he hires sleazy lawyers to lie for him. A sleazy lawyer may be a blood sucking leech, but they only do what they're paid to do. The people who hire the leeches are worse.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Cavebear

I can only hope that Trump will be a one-term footnote footnote in history.  Like a Buchanan or Pierce.  A transitional anomaly...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 21, 2016, 11:42:03 PM
I can only hope that Trump will be a one-term footnote footnote in history.  Like a Buchanan or Pierce.  A transitional anomaly...

Don't diss Buchanan, he was our first gay President ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 22, 2016, 06:41:14 AM
Don't diss Buchanan, he was our first gay President ;-)

Buchanan ignored the financial depression of 1857, ignored the obvious signs of Southern secessionism and did nothing, and refused to support Federal forts in southern States, leading to a perception of governmental weakness that to the Civil War.

That's enough to "dis" him.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEYN9Pj9wK4

As someone who's mildly computer literate, this really annoys me.  Granted, he's 70 so I don't expect him to be super familiar with the series of tubes that is the interwebs, but god damn, this is some Dubya-level crap right here.

I'm not even sure I could translate it to basic english if my life depended on it.  If someone held me over a bridge and told me to paraphrase what Trump was talking about in that clip or they'd drop me, my best bet would be to try to grow wings.

And people from other countries look at this guy as a representative of Americans in general.  This is the face of America to those people.  Holy shit.

Granted, a reporter asked Hillary about wiping her server and she feigns ignorance and asks if the reporter meant "like with a cloth or something?" so I guess neither option would super great.  But when I hear her speak, she doesn't come across as such an ignoramus that I start to worry that she might confuse the nuke button with the computer power button.  Trump kinda gives off that impression.

Baruch

"she feigns ignorance" ... bwahah!  I haven't met an executive leader yet who could find their own way to the executive rest room (they have to ask their secretary)  But the leader of my work place ... doesn't need to know about computers ... she has an IT department for that.  Fortunately the CIO knows a thing or two (he isn't me).  The CIO is smart enough to delegate to me those things he doesn't care about, or know about ... that he knows from experience I can deal with for him.  That way the executive can deal with the things she needs to deal with (usually having to do with leading others to do their jobs).

So is someone stupid if they drive a car, but aren't their own auto mechanic?  Both Trump and Hillary are executives, and both are attempting to be leaders (and failing badly).  You could have had Gary Johnson, but noo ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Solomon Zorn

I'm coining a new phrase: "Trump-Chump," for anyone who supports or voted for Donald Trump.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on December 31, 2016, 09:48:40 AM
I'm coining a new phrase: "Trump-Chump," for anyone who supports or voted for Donald Trump.

That's fine ... but I am a Johnson Jingo thanks very much ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.