How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Oh, that makes it okay then.

I'll be sure to tell the LGBT community, women... don't feel like repeating this, you know who. I am sure they will all be ecstatic.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Right ... are you assuming that straight people or men automatically support Trump's nominees?  Support and rejection cover all segments of society ... to say "it is all men, all women, all gays, all Blacks, all Whites etc" is DNC policy to division.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Why have a two party system at all?
Dismantle the hated Republican party, just have the Democratic party.
Repeal amendment 22, have a tyrant for life, then you wont have any unpleasant surprises.
One man, one vote, one time.
Wait, don't bother with elections at all. Saves a lot

Just a thought.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on December 14, 2016, 12:45:01 PM
Why have a two party system at all?
Dismantle the hated Republican party, just have the Democratic party.
Repeal amendment 22, have a tyrant for life, then you wont have any unpleasant surprises.
One man, one vote, one time.
Wait, don't bother with elections at all. Saves a lot

Just a thought.

I already told them they needed to be more Republican Roman than the Founding Fathers (of the US) ... have a senate, and have the senate elect a senior and junior consul ... that is what they were thinking of anyway, when the created the Pres/VP arrangement, in the context of Commander in Chief.  All of the Founding Fathers would have read Polybius, a Greek historian who was gaga over how wonderful the Roman government was.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Chin up .. we can always hope that Trump's wife's astrologer is calling the shots ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Syphfester Stallbone for Chairman of the National Endowment of the Arts?

You gotta be fucking kidding me.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 16, 2016, 11:23:58 AM
Syphfester Stallbone for Chairman of the National Endowment of the Arts?

You gotta be fucking kidding me.

When you are President, you can pick your own people.  I suppose you want to choose who the senior executives at Exxon are too ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

At least we now have a pretty good idea (if we didn't before...) of just what the Republicans want to accomplish:

Gingrich brags that Republicans are coming for everything FDR accomplished
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 16, 2016, 04:38:08 PM
Exxon doesn't pretend to be a democracy.

Neither should the US.  It is a corporatocracy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 16, 2016, 06:15:28 PM
At least we now have a pretty good idea (if we didn't before...) of just what the Republicans want to accomplish:

Gingrich brags that Republicans are coming for everything FDR accomplished

Gingerich isn't much of a prophet.  He couldn't even tell his first two marriages were going to fail.

Yes, there are revanchists, still trying to reverse the mistakes of President Andrew Jackson.  Cheese/nut balls.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on December 17, 2016, 10:56:48 AM
Oligarchy.

Yes, we are a nation of country club, by country club, for country club.  I was born into that class, but my parents fell from grace, they weren't crooked enough to stay there.  But in Trump's class ... they not only are members of the country club, they own or build their own golf courses.  This is required for all royalty after King James brought his golf clubs with him from Edinburgh to London, when he moved from Scotland to England.

So, what are the stinking peasants up to, today?  Being caddies for the wealthy I suspect.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

what do i think of Trump???? How does a good old boy who is as dumb as a brick make it to 70 yrs? A better question would be did anybody vote for Trump because they thought he is smarter than they are?
The last time we had someone so unprepared become president was Harry Truman in the middle of WW2. (at least he admitted he was unprepared when he was chosen as VP). What did Truman get us? the cold war, by appointing scum to run the CIA and FBI he created problems and hatred around the world for the U.S. that we are still dealing with today. let's not forget he was sitting in the big chair. when all the generals on the ground; except the one in charge of the bomb, were telling him we didn't need to use it because Japan would fall in less than 2 weeks, Truman decided that we had to bomb Japan just to show Russia what we could do.

Truman got into office already hating Russia and quickly undermined all the work Roosevelt put into making a friendly relationship with Russia.

You watchin the tube? I think Trump is going into office with some hatred as well. and his brain is as small as Truman. It isn't a big stretch to think he will cause some kind of incident that will royally screw the U.S.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.