How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Fiction = control of narrative by distortion of facts and invention of new popular memes.  Standard totalitarian stuff.  The D totalitarians are having technical difficulties ... like in the old broadcast TV days (now there was propaganda) when a storm rolled in and you adjusted the rabbit ears in vain ;-)  The R totalitarian branding is temporarily in the ascendent.  I don't know anyone who wants to be Hillary Clinton, but I do know someone who wants to be Sarah Palin.  I am sure plenty of guys (not gentlemen of course) wouldn't mind being Trump.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street

Just saw this episode for the first time yesterday.  This exactly describes the US in 1960 ... and in 2001 and today ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

I am starting to hope the electoral college votes against him, but hope is a dangerous thing.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hydra009

Quote from: Mermaid on December 10, 2016, 11:19:22 AMI am starting to hope the electoral college votes against him, but hope is a dangerous thing.
I would be extremely surprised if the electoral college votes don't give Trump a win.  Then again, his election night victory was exactly that sort of surprise, so who knows.

Hydra009

Btw, can you imagine the outrage if the electoral college delegates voted against the people's wishes?  Having the will of the people subverted by a relative handful runs completely against the purpose of the electoral college! [insert irony punctuation here]

Mermaid

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 10, 2016, 12:03:55 PM
Btw, can you imagine the outrage if the electoral college delegates voted against the people's wishes?  Having the will of the people subverted by a relative handful runs completely against the purpose of the electoral college! [insert irony punctuation here]
I can. What I can't imagine is what would happen next. Who would sit in the oval office?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on December 10, 2016, 11:19:22 AM
I am starting to hope the electoral college votes against him, but hope is a dangerous thing.

If they were to vote against any candidate, in violation of applicable Federal or state law (I think state law rules here) ... then they would be arrested.  I do think that there is some flexibility in how they vote, after the first round.

But never fear, there will be a coup de etat before then perhaps?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on December 10, 2016, 02:55:56 PM
I can. What I can't imagine is what would happen next. Who would sit in the oval office?

Obama would declare dictatorship ... and de-citizen anyone who isn't a black-hispanic-asian-surnamed-transexual ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Mermaid on December 10, 2016, 02:55:56 PMI can. What I can't imagine is what would happen next. Who would sit in the oval office?
If Clinton were picked, she'd be so blindslided by it that she'd have no real gameplan at first.  She might even make a couple crazy cabinet picks in haste.  So basically, not much of a difference initially.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 10, 2016, 04:32:39 PM
If Clinton were picked, she'd be so blindslided by it that she'd have no real gameplan at first.  She might even make a couple crazy cabinet picks in haste.  So basically, not much of a difference initially.

Then the FBI does their nuclear option, all of her emails!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 10, 2016, 04:32:39 PM
I doubt it. She knows her way around stuff.
Let me clarify that I don't think that would happen, I am not that naive. But it would sure be nice.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mermaid on December 10, 2016, 11:19:22 AM
I'd be interested to see how his supporters would react to such an eventuality, but I don't think they'd be very accepting of it.

I'm pretty sure it won't happen though, since the fix is in, and has been for a year or more.

If we even hold another "election" in four years I'll be surprised. I think we're that through.

But I'm a cynical pessimist, and so I may be biased toward the negative. And I really hope I'm wrong about how bad the next several years will be.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mermaid

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on December 13, 2016, 07:25:42 PM
Fuuuuuuu-uuuuuuuuuuuuu-uuuuuuuuck.

just what Jack Kennedy, and Bill Clinton ... have said a lot of times ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Trigger-warning! Microaggression in progress.

Just think of the novelty. Your next president for a long time who wasn't bought by Arab petrodollars.

I read that Hillary was given by the Saudis 20% of her election budget which incidentally was $1.2 billion.Wasted.
Lots of donors are quite upset, I think. Will they ask their investment back?