How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Yeah, I can see that not going over very well with sane brits.  Plus, Trump should worry more about his own country's appointments.

Baruch

Y'all need to capitalistically invest in Che t-shirts and berets.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

The whole world's on the edge of its seat, waiting with bated breath for every word that proceeds from the mouth (or wherever) of the POTUS-select.

I think the current uncertainty alone is enough to psychologically damage the world.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mr.Obvious

Gotta admitt, haven't really thought about it for a few days.

This is the world now. It's absurd to be sure, but this is reality.

We will survive.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 01, 2016, 04:42:46 AM
Gotta admitt, haven't really thought about it for a few days.

This is the world now. It's absurd to be sure, but this is reality.

We will survive.

Study Camus.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Truthiness Trump surrogate Scott Nell Hughes breaks it down:

"Well, I think it's also an idea of an opinion. And that'sâ€"on one hand, I hear half the media saying that these are lies. But on the other half, there are many people that go, 'No, it's true.' And so one thing that has been interesting this entire campaign season to watch, is that people that say facts are factsâ€"they're not really facts. Everybody has a wayâ€"it's kind of like looking at ratings, or looking at a glass of half-full water. Everybody has a way of interpreting them to be the truth, or not truth. There's no such thing, unfortunately, anymore as facts.

"And so Mr. Trump's tweet, amongst a certain crowdâ€"a large part of the populationâ€"are truth. When he says that millions of people illegally voted, he has someâ€"amongst him and his supporters, and people believe they have facts to back that up. Those that do not like Mr. Trump, they say that those are lies and that there are no facts to back it up."

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/videos/a51152/trump-surrogate-no-such-thing-as-facts/

Unbeliever

Yeah, they discussed Chump's tweets this morning on Democracy Now! and mentioned how there's no longer anything factual, all is mere opinion. The Donald-in-Chief is very good at manipulating the media to his benefit.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 01, 2016, 04:52:54 PM
Yeah, they discussed Chump's tweets this morning on Democracy Now! and mentioned how there's no longer anything factual, all is mere opinion. The Donald-in-Chief is very good at manipulating the media to his benefit.

That is how he uniformly tricked them into supporting Hillary, because his prophetic powers told him that would backfire on Hillary?

Politics isn't about truth, it is about putting a plausible fiction together that works (King George III bad, George Washington good).  The problem for the Democrats is that their current fictions aren't working.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Was Trump approved by the Saudi king or the Muslim Brotherhood? No? Then his election is not valid.

I know HRC was their choice, they even paid a handsome sum towards her election.
Don't let that go to waste!

Cavebear

Trump is all NOW.  He shows no sense of yesterday or tomorrow.  Most of us react to events in all 3 times; Trump does not.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

reasonist

What we have learned in the last 8 years is that a black man and a con man can be elected President of the US.
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Cavebear

Quote from: reasonist on December 02, 2016, 11:20:45 AM
What we have learned in the last 8 years is that a black man and a con man can be elected President of the US.

Being a factual statement, that is true.  But is it a USEFUL statement?

I am reminded of an old joke about a helicopter lost in a Seattle fog.  They hover near a building and flash a "where are we" sign.  The office workers say they are 300" up and 50' away from the building.  The helicoptor pilot immediately heads due south. 

"Because" he said, "It had to be the Microsoft Building.  Their information was utterly correct and completely useless".

Your information is completely useless...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

reasonist

If you don't have enough brains to get what I meant, go back to your cave.
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on December 01, 2016, 08:12:09 PM
That is how he uniformly tricked them into supporting Hillary, because his prophetic powers told him that would backfire on Hillary?

What, you believed Chump when he said “The election is absolutely being rigged by the dishonest and distorted media pushing Crooked Hillary,”

QuotePolitics isn't about truth, it is about putting a plausible fiction together that works (King George III bad, George Washington good).  The problem for the Democrats is that their current fictions aren't working.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you mention "their current fictions."

Care to elucidate?

God Not Found

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 02, 2016, 04:00:02 PM
I'm not sure what you're referring to when you mention "their current fictions."

Care to elucidate?

He means that winning an election requires a good marketing, something similar to workings of a 'fiction' as in creating a general image, like the mechanism of actors fitting into a story with the usual material at hand. (It doesn't change much, actually it hasn't changed much in thousands of years in the big picture.)

Like a story that appeals people with its protagonist that can cause them imagine themselves in it; as a part of what is offered. It's about creating an illusion of something actually to be done, it is not a lie either, but the difference against another enough to conivnce the majority.

Baruch says Dems cannot do this right now.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp