How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on November 25, 2016, 10:04:23 AM
This makes me want to drill through my forehead.

Then elect the local TV meteorologist ;-)  You think any President has ever been a scientist?

And yes, there is junk science, though most of it is in psychiatry (50% non-reproducible) and medicine (33% non-reproducible).  The idea that in geoscience you can do controlled experiments ... is not true.  You can make multiple observations of constantly changing phenomena ... though most of it doesn't change as fast as the weather (continental movement is very slow).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on November 25, 2016, 11:16:24 AM
You think any President has ever been a scientist?

I expect world leaders to have basic knowledge of top issues and communicate effectively. Obviously the general public sets the bar lower.

AllPurposeAtheist

The good news is if someone does manage to shoot trump with one of the many easily available off the shelf assault rifles the rubes will suddenly go whole hog on gun control laws and blame Obama for not doing it when he had the chance. 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 25, 2016, 11:55:29 AM
I expect world leaders to have basic knowledge of top issues and communicate effectively. Obviously the general public sets the bar lower.

Do you have a college professor that you admire?  Then vote for him.  I am sure the rest of the academic seminar attendees will be happy to intelligently argue with you over your choice vs theirs.

I would run myself, but the 99% won't vote for anyone intelligent, and the 1% will only vote for themselves ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on November 25, 2016, 06:36:10 AMI still see no indication that Chump's likely presidency is going to be nothing other than a country-destroying disaster. I hope the more mainstream Republicans are going to be embarrassed to the point that they turn on Trump and his Naziesque supporters.
Yeah.  If there's a silver lining here, it's that this disaster-elect is going to ultimately ruin the Republican cause.  Remember when W Bush had a 90% approval rating after 9/11?  Fast forward a few years and his name was practically an epithet?  Trump's in for a similar treatment.  By the end of his term, he'll look even worse than he already does, which is pretty awful compared to other president-elects prior to taking office.

Baruch

Trump is a unique experiment in political leadership.  He isn't a politician, has never been elected before.  He is flaky like former President of Venezuela ... Hugo Chavez.  He is a businessman, not a lawyer.  He hires lawyers.  America simply decided to cut out the middlemen ... the lawyers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Secretary of Education is a creationist. Fuck  you, science.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Like Populism yet?  Maybe the Queen would still take us back ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 26, 2016, 06:05:37 AM
Secretary of Education is a creationist. Fuck  you, science.
And Secretary of State might very well be a guy who never saw a war he didn't like.  Trump can say whatever he wants - we'll know his real purpose by his actions. If/when he makes terrible appointments like that, there will be a backlash.  It'll be yuge.

Baruch

Never saw a war they didn't like ... like Obama and Hitlery?

Sheesh, comrade ... don't make bastion of truth, Washington Post, put Atheistforums.com on hit list of transparent Russian agitprop ... we have to fly under Capitalist radar.  Fearless Leader might send Boris and Natasha for visit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on November 26, 2016, 09:13:59 AM
Never saw a war they didn't like ... like Obama and Hitlery?
This guy makes even your most distorted and monstrous versions of them look like Gandhi and Jane Addams respectively.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 26, 2016, 09:36:29 AM
This guy makes even your most distorted and monstrous versions of them look like Gandhi and Jane Addams respectively.

People are nasty, particularly when they have power.  I don't seen any reason to distinguish one ape from another ... unless you subscribe to the Planet of the Apes theory, that champs, orangutans and apes are culturally different ;-)

We will never know what really happened in Libya or Syria ... or Iraq or Afghanistan before that.  But can't accept that the Ds are Left, when they clearly support war, war and more war ... way back to Thomas Jefferson.  MLK wasn't a D or an R ... and Gandhi is rejected by Indian political parties both in his time and since.  They aren't political leaders.  Pacifists never are.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

doorknob

disagree. Not all of us apes were created equal. I do believe that some where is a leader with integrity. That person just doesn't have a snowflakes chance in hell of becoming president.

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on November 26, 2016, 02:22:22 PM
People are nasty, particularly when they have power.  I don't seen any reason to distinguish one ape from another ...
Is this another one of those highly objectionable things you say, presumably seriously, that you'll claim I shouldn't take seriously when I call you on it?

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 26, 2016, 03:10:01 PM
Is this another one of those highly objectionable things you say, presumably seriously, that you'll claim I shouldn't take seriously when I call you on it?

Call me on it?  If you believe in evolution, then you know humans are apes.  And is the fact that people are bigoted or ideological, news?  If I choose not to distinguish between one kind of ape or another ... why is that a problem?  Or do you not believe that power corrupts, and absolute power ... absolutely?

If I said that children are the incarnate future (as beings of Being) ... then don't necessarily take that as praise.  I don't despise the animal or plant kingdoms.  But people here do despise poetry.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.