How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

I have been hesitating to post on this thread a while because I needed to collect my actual feelings on the matter. I think think this election is good, in the long run. I'm not gonna lie, we're gonna get fucked, hard. The economy will tank, people will die, we will have a horrid 4 years. We need to get fucked though, we need to kill the apathy that is like a cancer on this nation. I've seen very respectful people say that politics don't matter. I don't blame them, they have good lives, politics in general hasn't had an effect on them. Maybe when their lives are affected they'll start thinking about politics. Maybe people will wake up. Maybe Trump will make America great again by making America horrible again.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

SGOS

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on November 20, 2016, 03:39:23 PM
I have been hesitating to post on this thread a while because I needed to collect my actual feelings on the matter. I think think this election is good, in the long run. I'm not gonna lie, we're gonna get fucked, hard. The economy will tank, people will die, we will have a horrid 4 years. We need to get fucked though, we need to kill the apathy that is like a cancer on this nation. I've seen very respectful people say that politics don't matter. I don't blame them, they have good lives, politics in general hasn't had an effect on them. Maybe when their lives are affected they'll start thinking about politics. Maybe people will wake up. Maybe Trump will make America great again by making America horrible again.

George Bush already tried that, and things just got worse.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: SGOS on November 20, 2016, 03:45:31 PM
George Bush already tried that, and things just got worse.
We were marginally fucked, we need to get completely fucked for the morons to wake up.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Munch

So lets weigh up his pros and cons so far.

Pros:
- He's kind of honest and doesn't sugar coat what he says

Cons:
- He's extremely thinned skinned and reacts to any critisim with no level of tact
- He's also incredibly impulsive, making his thin skin even more of an issue
- He's recruited some of the most backwards candidates for his party, some worse then he is
- He may or may not be racist, homophobic and your typical church supporting fascist, but he flops around the issue
- Money is his only goal, but he's gone bankrupt twice with his own business.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Munch

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VYo8mxGGUQ

Oh man, this theater stuff is a veritable gold mine of hypocrisy.  This guy isn't even in office yet and he's already messing up.

And to think, I thought the left-wing SJWs would screw us up when actually the most brittle crybaby to ever take to social media is none other than President Trump.

Munch

This gives me some level of hope, in that it perhaps, in his greed and want for power, being president is going to break donald trump. Of course, that would, again, put the emotionless slug creature wearing human skin mike pence as leader if that happened, and trump will run americas economy into the ground, but maybe then all those cunts who voted for him will learn a lesson.

Shiranu

I despise TAA's style with a passion, but I did get just the very slightest of enjoyment of him rant about this.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on November 20, 2016, 03:52:37 PM
We were marginally fucked, we need to get completely fucked for the morons to wake up.

This is like a drunk, who can't stop drinking, until he hits bottom, but I hope not!  Once you hit bottom you can attend AA (atheists anonymous) ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: doorknob on November 20, 2016, 02:56:25 PM
Oh really? I guess you've never heard of" http://archive.postdesk.com/banned-books-list-reasons-why-censorship "  Damn it those weren't all banned by the catholic church. Oh well.

Point is they still ban stuff 'cause there dumb asses. I'm sure the pope would care about a book that portrays Satan as a hero and god as the bad guy. There was another book banned for portraying Jesus as a sinner even though it was to prove a point about Jesus dying on the cross for our sins or what ever nonsense. point is if they had read the book they would have realized that it was actually supporting Christianity not the other way around.

In 1983 I made a pilgrimage to Greece, and part of that was a pilgrimage to the grave of Kikos Katzazakis.  He isn't buried in a Church cemetery because he was excommunicated over that book (and movie).  The Last Temptation Of Christ.  I liked him because of Zorba The Greek.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on November 20, 2016, 07:33:22 PMThis gives me some level of hope, in that it perhaps, in his greed and want for power, being president is going to break donald trump.
Very few people can handle the office, given the intense scrutiny and boundless criticism.  Dubbya Bush sat down as Stephen Colbert absolutely reemed him out.  Obama caught flak from all sides and for months had his citizenship questioned by some orange buffoon whose name I can't recall.  It takes a very thick-skinned person to endure that for years.  Trump is the kind of guy who gets deeply upset over a insult about his hands and once threatened to sue the Onion.  He's not going to last.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 20, 2016, 06:32:15 PM
Oh man, this theater stuff is a veritable gold mine of hypocrisy.  This guy isn't even in office yet and he's already messing up.

And to think, I thought the left-wing SJWs would screw us up when actually the most brittle crybaby to ever take to social media is none other than President Trump.

I'm frustrated that so many people don't see through Trump's manipulations.

Liberals Keep Falling for Donald Trump’s Tricks

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/11/20/liberals-keep-falling-for-donald-trump-s-tricks.html

By attacking cultural elites on Sunday, Donald Trump managed to shift attention from his multi-million dollar fraud settlement and his controversial selections for his administration. ...

Trump will continue to harp on SNL and Hamilton for as long as people are paying attention. Trump will seize on dispatches from the culture wars that further the notion that this country consists of a salt of the earth cheated white us versus a snotty, wealthy, coddled urban dwelling them. The source of Trump’s faux-populist smokescreen rage won’t be Hamilton next time; maybe it will be the Oscars, or the Emmys, or the Tony awards. Maybe it will be a thousand dollar a plate fundraiser, or the White House correspondents’ dinner, or the Met ball. And it will serve the same function then as it does now: a way to keep the public focused on issues that froth up Trump’s base, and a way to keep what’s really concerning about Trump’s leadership buried beneath a layer of petty bullshit.

If we on the coasts are so smart, we should know better than to keep falling for it.

Baruch

Leftists are smart ... they support Robespierre, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Castro etc.  Such a bunch of whiners ... I meant winners ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Aletheia on November 20, 2016, 12:44:16 PM
With the path America has been following, I feel that Trump is an accurate representation of America as it currently is. It has more self-confidence than it has skills sets, spends money unwisely, only cares about human rights so long as it is convenient, places more stock in what "feels right" than what is factual, tries to intimidate anyone who doesn't think it's awesome, complains when things don't go its way, often times is rather inappropriate, and uses resources like there's no tomorrow.

*Slow claps*

Bravo America. Bravo.

That's not a 'current' path. You have described the only American path and the common American identity of the majority in the country in a politically correct way that has always been. So lets' not go on supporting the delusion in another level. It's how the sensible part of the rest of the world has always looked at America and got blamed with being anti-American. A lot of even sensible Americans have seen it differently before, because it was their identity too, because the world was 'different'; it was huge and it was somewhere beyond the Misty Mountains.

Now that world is very small, very crude. Now that identity shrunk so badly and ugly, that world vision within that identity comes out as an abomination. It's almost like the difference between a fantasy model globe and the real world. Unfortunately, the gap to be reached between depends on the capacity of individuals that makes the masses of people.

A man like Trump is like a punch in the face. The real question is, is that part of America going to punch back when its their turn. Because this man has a good chance of winning the second round.

Now a lot of you are 'anti-American'. Welcome to the rest of the world. You know what, this is a huge fucking progress when you actually realise 'what was and what is', however you look at it. Hang in there.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

I have seen his twits 'demanding' apology for Pence after the play. I can't find it funny even a little bit, because it is too familiar to me. That's Turkey 10 years ago.

Erdogan started the same. Then he evolved to suing caricaturists, writers, and eventually to prison journalists and finally anyone who criticises him or digs down some facts behind his policies or the consequences of them to inform people. Don't make the usual mistake of thinking that wouldn't happen in the US as you seem so often to do.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp