How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doorknob

I think people voted for him because he's not a politician and they are sick and tired of politicians since all they do is lie and protect their selves. It probably has more to do with that and far less to do with supporting his views. All though I'm sure many people do share his views just not that many.

As far as what I think, I think he's a large piece of SH!T. But at the very least I will be amused at how the politicians scramble to control this idiot.

I've heard people say america can't get much worse but they'll be in for a shock when it does I'm sure. Actually I'm waiting to go homeless. I'm picking out my bridge to live under accept the cop must have cleaned out the well know one. Because all the hobo tents are gone now.

Atheon

Quote from: doorknob on November 20, 2016, 09:17:39 AM
I think people voted for him because he's not a politician and they are sick and tired of politicians since all they do is lie and protect their selves.
How ironic for them that in voting for Trump, they voted for someone who is now a politician, and all he does is lie and protect himself.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

doorknob

Quote from: Atheon on November 20, 2016, 10:27:43 AM
How ironic for them that in voting for Trump, they voted for someone who is now a politician, and all he does is lie and protect himself.

too true too true.

Blackleaf

Quote from: doorknob on November 20, 2016, 09:17:39 AMI think people voted for him because he's not a politician and they are sick and tired of politicians since all they do is lie and protect their selves.

I, for one, am tired of people with experience in their field. Now please excuse me while I go get my wisdom teeth removed by Alex from Target. He's not a dentist, so I know I can trust him.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

chill98

chill98

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 20, 2016, 11:10:32 AM
I, for one, am tired of people with experience in their field. Now please excuse me while I go get my wisdom teeth removed by Alex from Target. He's not a dentist, so I know I can trust him.

I had my wisdom teeth removed by a dentist.  PoS cracked both molars next to the teeth.  Now they have fallen apart and I will need surgery to remove one of them.  Wish I would have NOT allowed the dentist to remove the teeth.  Maybe if I would have waited until they were a problem, they would have come out easier.

Maybe Alex from Target would have suggested I wait.  He probably isn't more concerned about killing a trophy lion.

Mike Cl

Quote from: chill98 on November 20, 2016, 11:47:41 AM
Ya'll need a sign:

Yes, we do need a sign.  But it should read--The End Is Upon Us!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Aletheia

With the path America has been following, I feel that Trump is an accurate representation of America as it currently is. It has more self-confidence than it has skills sets, spends money unwisely, only cares about human rights so long as it is convenient, places more stock in what "feels right" than what is factual, tries to intimidate anyone who doesn't think it's awesome, complains when things don't go its way, often times is rather inappropriate, and uses resources like there's no tomorrow.

*Slow claps*

Bravo America. Bravo.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Mermaid

Quote from: Aletheia on November 20, 2016, 12:44:16 PM
With the path America has been following, I feel that Trump is an accurate representation of America as it currently is. It has more self-confidence than it has skills sets, spends money unwisely, only cares about human rights so long as it is convenient, places more stock in what "feels right" than what is factual, tries to intimidate anyone who doesn't think it's awesome, complains when things don't go its way, often times is rather inappropriate, and uses resources like there's no tomorrow.

*Slow claps*

Bravo America. Bravo.
Quoted for truth.

At least people REALLY understand this now. I know I do.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

doorknob

*Slow claps*

Bravo America. Bravo.

I agree with you. I didn't say people were smart when they voted for trump or that I agree with their thinking. I just think most people are so fed up, even the religious ones would vote for Satan him self to send  a message. Only to realize later that they miscalculated something very important. Actual I feel like I trust Satan more than trump at this point.

Blackleaf

Quote from: doorknob on November 20, 2016, 01:46:25 PM
I agree with you. I didn't say people were smart when they voted for trump or that I agree with their thinking. I just think most people are so fed up, even the religious ones would vote for Satan him self to send  a message. Only to realize later that they miscalculated something very important. Actual I feel like I trust Satan more than trump at this point.

Satan was the first anti-establishment politician. He thought that God's ways were corrupt and that he could've done a better job. Considering how God revealed himself to be in the Bible, perhaps Satan really was the good guy. (At least that's the basis of the plot of a novel I plan to write soon.)
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

*Slow claps*

Bravo America. Bravo.

Somehow this scene from Portal 2 seems more relevant now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcnpZYmNAuI
--Fulke Greville--

doorknob

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 20, 2016, 02:37:47 PM
Satan was the first anti-establishment politician. He thought that God's ways were corrupt and that he could've done a better job. Considering how God revealed himself to be in the Bible, perhaps Satan really was the good guy. (At least that's the basis of the plot of a novel I plan to write soon.)

I'll read your book, but prepare to have the catholic church ban it. Which I think actually makes people go out and buy it. So if you're lucky they will ban it.

I've often wondered if Satan isn't the good guy and god the monster. Well we already know christian god is a monster.

Great now I'm following the GlaDOS rabbit whole. I never finished portal 2 because it blew up my computer literally. Then I was to afraid to put it back in the tray.

Blackleaf

Quote from: doorknob on November 20, 2016, 02:44:11 PM
I'll read your book, but prepare to have the catholic church ban it. Which I think actually makes people go out and buy it. So if you're lucky they will ban it.

I've often wondered if Satan isn't the good guy and god the monster. Well we already know christian god is a monster.

I'd love for my work to receive enough attention to warrant a ban. I'd consider it a great honor, especially from the Catholic church. But somehow I think that the Pope himself wouldn't take too much issue with a work of fiction.
--Fulke Greville--

doorknob

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 20, 2016, 02:50:20 PM
I'd love for my work to receive enough attention to warrant a ban. I'd consider it a great honor, especially from the Catholic church. But somehow I think that the Pope himself wouldn't take too much issue with a work of fiction.

Oh really? I guess you've never heard of" http://archive.postdesk.com/banned-books-list-reasons-why-censorship "  Damn it those weren't all banned by the catholic church. Oh well.

Point is they still ban stuff 'cause there dumb asses. I'm sure the pope would care about a book that portrays Satan as a hero and god as the bad guy. There was another book banned for portraying Jesus as a sinner even though it was to prove a point about Jesus dying on the cross for our sins or what ever nonsense. point is if they had read the book they would have realized that it was actually supporting Christianity not the other way around.