How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Trump won because apparently enough people in our country are drooling idiots. Americans are not who I thought we were. I was giving us far too much credit.

Now we have him appointing white nationalists to his cabinet.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Unbeliever

Yeah, he's not exactly draining the Swamp - he's fouling it even more than it already was!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: Mermaid on November 18, 2016, 04:49:24 PMTrump won because apparently enough people in our country are drooling idiots. Americans are not who I thought we were. I was giving us far too much credit.
That's been my experience as well.  I thought that American society had progressed more than it actually has.  Maybe this is just a hiccup on the road rather than a full-fledged reversal.  One can hope.

Unbeliever

I guess The Donald-in-Chief thought "drain the swamp" meant taking away Hawkeye's still...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 18, 2016, 05:58:29 PM
Yeah, he's not exactly draining the Swamp - he's fouling it even more than it already was!

Would you rather have former contestants on The Apprentice instead ;-)  I would prefer contestants from Dating Naked ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on November 18, 2016, 04:49:24 PM
Trump won because apparently enough people in our country are drooling idiots. Americans are not who I thought we were. I was giving us far too much credit.

Complacency is not your friend.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mermaid on November 18, 2016, 04:49:24 PM

Yeah. I've heard people try to explain Trump's victory in a lot of different ways, but most of the answers give Americans too much credit, I think. He won the Presidency for the same reason he won the Republican primaries. It's because most voters are idiots. They believed Trump's lies, they believed the bologna that Fox News spread about Hillary, and they voted for the person who was most recognizable due to constant media attention. Hell, even if people didn't trust Hillary, they didn't have to vote straight ticket Republican to keep her out. They could have elected Trump but Democrat the rest of the way. But they didn't think through the consequences of their actions, and now we have Republicans in control of all three branches of government.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

I usually vote against incumbents, but I voted against every D I saw on the ballot, because the DNC did such a great job shoehorning Hillary thru the process ... so any D other than Hillary that I voted against, are collateral damage to wanting to destroy the DNC.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

From BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome) to TDS?

Pace it out guys, you have 4 years to go yet. Easy there.

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 16, 2016, 01:17:56 PM
Small consolation, but when Trump voters kids have all been dragged off to ego driven wars, their life savings (if they ever had any to begin with) are all gone, homes taken by foreclosure vultures and the price of gasoline over $6 a gallon, etc and so on they can't go complaining that they weren't warned ahead of time.

Obama did it.

SGOS

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 19, 2016, 03:57:35 PM
Yeah. I've heard people try to explain Trump's victory in a lot of different ways, but most of the answers give Americans too much credit, I think. He won the Presidency for the same reason he won the Republican primaries. It's because most voters are idiots. They believed Trump's lies, they believed the bologna that Fox News spread about Hillary, and they voted for the person who was most recognizable due to constant media attention. Hell, even if people didn't trust Hillary, they didn't have to vote straight ticket Republican to keep her out. They could have elected Trump but Democrat the rest of the way. But they didn't think through the consequences of their actions, and now we have Republicans in control of all three branches of government.

When I watched the election returns turn with greater and greater certainty towards a Trump victory, one of the panelists pointed out that such a big turnout for Trump would destroy any possibility of the Dems winning the Senate.  I had to think about that for awhile.

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on November 20, 2016, 05:40:49 AM
From BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome) to TDS?

Pace it out guys, you have 4 years to go yet. Easy there.

The grief period is running it's course throughout the country, and people ARE settling in.  It actually seems evident in the forum too.

pr126

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on November 20, 2016, 07:54:33 AM
Grief period?  HRC is still alive, I think.

Grief is not only about death.  In discussion with Democrats, many have described their emotions over the election as losing a relative or their dog.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on November 20, 2016, 08:41:57 AM
Grief is not only about death.  In discussion with Democrats, many have described their emotions over the election as losing a relative or their dog.
True.  But I do see Trump winning as a death; the death of the last vestige of respect for the average American and that whatever shred of values this country held is now gone, dead. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?