News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The New Racism

Started by Atheon, November 10, 2016, 06:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

I was once offered the job of leading the Emergency Management Branch at my Federal Agency.  I turned it down because I lacked the paranoia required.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Atheon

The racist attacks are spreading.

And the silence from the GOP leadership is deafening and telling.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/11/10/hate-quickly-spreading-country-donald-trumps-election-win.html
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Cavebear

Quote from: Atheon on November 13, 2016, 01:03:13 AM
The racist attacks are spreading.

And the silence from the GOP leadership is deafening and telling.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/11/10/hate-quickly-spreading-country-donald-trumps-election-win.html

Lets see what Trump does in his 1st 100 days. THEN it might or might not be time for protests. 

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 11, 2016, 08:57:04 AM
I don't anticipate a large turn out but the KKK and other hate groups are obviously interpreting Trump's victory as a win and tacit support for their beliefs.

KKK announces North Carolina ‘victory’ parade

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kkk-announces-north-carolina-%e2%80%98victory%e2%80%99-parade/ar-AAk9irS

RALEIGH, N.C. â€" While one report of Ku Klux Klan activity in North Carolina after Donald Trump’s election as president was debunked, the real KKK has announced a rally in the state.
Trump, a Republican, was officially endorsed by the KKK during his campaign against Hillary Clinton, a Democrat. Trump won North Carolina on his way to winning the presidency, defeating Clinton in the state by nearly 5 percentage points.
Details on the rally celebrating Trump’s victory are scarce. It’s being held by The Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, which is based in Pelham â€" a small, unincorporated community about 45 minutes north of Burlington, near the Virginia border.

Wow, the crazies are really coming out of the woodwork.  They shouldn't get to comfortable, they'll be chased back to their trailer parks soon enough.

When I saw the headline, I thought for a second that they were planning on marching in downtown Raleigh.  That'd be the day.  No, instead this cowardly pondscum are going to Pelham.  I'm sure that town of 3,470 will be awestruck.  Racists showing up at a poduck town literally named after a confederate soldier.  So brave.

GSOgymrat

Fortunately the NC GOP condemned the "parade."

North Carolina GOP condemns KKK parade honoring Trump

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/11/politics/kkk-donald-trump-north-carolina-2016-election/index.html

Washington (CNN)The North Carolina Republican Party condemned the Ku Klux Klan on Friday after the racist group announced a parade in the Tar Heel State to celebrate President-elect Donald Trump's win.

"We are disgusted and condemn this extremist ideology and associated actions in the strongest possible terms," NC GOP Chairman Robin Hayes said in a statement provided to CNN. "These acts and thought processes are no reflection of the heartbeat of this great country and are counter to the efforts to make America great again. We stand with the Democratic Party in calling these out-of-state troublemakers to go home." ...

Cavebear

The US demographics ARE changing.  This year wasn't enough.  2020 will be.  And  I say that as a senior single white guy.  The American idea can live on without everyone having arrived on the Mayflower...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 13, 2016, 03:24:38 AM
The US demographics ARE changing.  This year wasn't enough.  2020 will be.  And  I say that as a senior single white guy.  The American idea can live on without everyone having arrived on the Mayflower...

The only way for a living seed to do its purpose, is to die to itself (it becomes a plant).  If the American Dream isn't dead, it can only survive by the death of America.  The US is like a nut, that refuses to break open and let the plant out.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

widdershins

There is no "new racism".  These people aren't newly minted racists.  They are people who no longer feel the need to hide their racism.  This is the way they felt all along, they're just not hiding it any more.

And yes, they were emboldened by Trump, his campaign, his bluntness, his ability to say anything and get away with it and the open, blatant racism which was allowed to go unchecked at his rallies.  He probably wasn't too far off when he claimed he could shoot someone and not lose votes, at least as long as that person was the right color, spoke with an accent, had a "funny" name or had the wrong religious beliefs.  He probably would have gained votes if all of those things were true.

These people got together to see a man whose message sounded pretty damned good to them, tested the water and found that they were surrounded by people who believed exactly like they did.  For the first time in forever the racist masses found that they were no alone and isolated.  They could say what they were actually thinking and, instead of being derided for it, they were cheered and others joined in.  There is no "new racism".  These people just realized there were a lot more of them left than they had thought and they were emboldened by it.

Actually, there has been a trend in America ever since we elected a black guy into the White House of Republicans saying openly the things they used to say only in secret.  Republicans can bitch about the comparison all they want, but asking for the first black president's birth certificate, AND THEN asking for a DIFFERENT birth certificate was fucking overtly racist as hell.  And that is where Trump started to make his name in politics.  He STARTED on a platform of racism.  His very early political message was, "There is no fucking way that black guy was born in America!"  This is probably nothing more than the next logical step.

The one good thing about it, though, is that you don't know you have cockroaches until you see them.  The Republican party is going to have a hard time pretending racism is dead while being overtly racist after this is all over.  Unlike Republicans of the last decade or so, these racists aren't pretending to be something else.
This sentence is a lie...

Cavebear

Quote from: widdershins on November 14, 2016, 05:36:45 PM
There is no "new racism".  These people aren't newly minted racists.  They are people who no longer feel the need to hide their racism.  This is the way they felt all along, they're just not hiding it any more.

And yes, they were emboldened by Trump, his campaign, his bluntness, his ability to say anything and get away with it and the open, blatant racism which was allowed to go unchecked at his rallies.  He probably wasn't too far off when he claimed he could shoot someone and not lose votes, at least as long as that person was the right color, spoke with an accent, had a "funny" name or had the wrong religious beliefs.  He probably would have gained votes if all of those things were true.

These people got together to see a man whose message sounded pretty damned good to them, tested the water and found that they were surrounded by people who believed exactly like they did.  For the first time in forever the racist masses found that they were no alone and isolated.  They could say what they were actually thinking and, instead of being derided for it, they were cheered and others joined in.  There is no "new racism".  These people just realized there were a lot more of them left than they had thought and they were emboldened by it.

Actually, there has been a trend in America ever since we elected a black guy into the White House of Republicans saying openly the things they used to say only in secret.  Republicans can bitch about the comparison all they want, but asking for the first black president's birth certificate, AND THEN asking for a DIFFERENT birth certificate was fucking overtly racist as hell.  And that is where Trump started to make his name in politics.  He STARTED on a platform of racism.  His very early political message was, "There is no fucking way that black guy was born in America!"  This is probably nothing more than the next logical step.

The one good thing about it, though, is that you don't know you have cockroaches until you see them.  The Republican party is going to have a hard time pretending racism is dead while being overtly racist after this is all over.  Unlike Republicans of the last decade or so, these racists aren't pretending to be something else.

Trump didn't create the racists  They created him.  And then he just used them to win the election.