Anomalous Results of Different Voting Systems

Started by Baruch, November 11, 2016, 12:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://vimeo.com/190024419

Includes the Spoiler Effect ... but in fact any of the systems, where you have more than two alternatives ... has problems.  Hence the stability, and dissatisfaction with the Two Party System.  Other anomalies are cyclic preferences and failure of monotonicity.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2016, 12:00:50 PM
https://vimeo.com/190024419

Includes the Spoiler Effect ... but in fact any of the systems, where you have more than two alternatives ... has problems.  Hence the stability, and dissatisfaction with the Two Party System.  Other anomalies are cyclic preferences and failure of monotonicity.

Let's try 3 ordered votes per person.  I assume you understand that system.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

This video is scientific, and I understand that sort of thing.  As far as practical matters go ... what people support is this:

1. Whichever voting system lets my candidate win this election cycle .. I am for that
2. If the current voting system didn't bias toward my candidate win this election cycle .. opt for a new system next cycle in the hope it is biased toward my candidate
3. If no voting system works, join Soros and Hillary in planning a Color Revolution to overturn the election (this is Shoes preference)
4. If the Color Revolution fails ... plan violent insurrection to carve out some rump-America where my values are dictated (this is the redneck preference)

Human beings and power ... ends justify the means, morality is an impediment.  If there is enough desperation ... human beings kill each other.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on November 13, 2016, 09:44:59 AM
1. Whichever voting system lets my candidate win this election cycle .. I am for that
Yes.  That's how we do it.

2. If the current voting system didn't bias toward my candidate win this election cycle .. opt for a new system next cycle in the hope it is biased toward my candidate

I think you're on to something.

3. If no voting system works, join Soros and Hillary in planning a Color Revolution to overturn the election (this is Shoes preference)

Yes, yes.  That is often the case.

4. If the Color Revolution fails ... plan violent insurrection to carve out some rump-America where my values are dictated (this is the redneck preference)
OK, now you're losing control of yourself.  Should have stopped while you were ahead.

Human beings and power ... ends justify the means, morality is an impediment.  If there is enough desperation ... human beings kill each other.

OK, now I'm back on track with you again.  You're just describing a thing, not advocating it.  I got it.

Baruch

#4 is all American .. it is what the Confederacy did.  If you think that Cali/Oregon isn't planning that ... you aren't paying attention.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nine_Nations_of_North_America

End the US now!  Both Rs and Ds agree on this, but they have to give up having a whole loaf, and getting to toast their opponents.  Both agree to kill the non-true-believers ... the Is.  Being an I is a very Jewish position, we are used to being murdered by self-righteous Christians and Muslims.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.