John Oliver On; President-Elect Trump

Started by Shiranu, November 14, 2016, 01:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Last episode of the year, went out with a bang. Just what I needed though.

#fuck2016
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Atheon

"Not available in your country"

So much for the Internet existing outside the confines of the nation state.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Gawdzilla Sama

Actually, that is the choice of the copyright holders.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

I don't get it. John Oliver's all eps are legally available, but not this one only?

E:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njl2EC6PXds
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 14, 2016, 07:36:53 AM
Fuck 2016!

Don't count your turds before they smell, 2016 has 7 more weeks to go ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

November 8, 2016 - a date that will live in infamy...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 15, 2016, 05:56:47 PM
November 8, 2016 - a date that will live in infamy...

Hardly, unless you are a Snowflake.  It is perfectly reasonable for the US to be governed by evil people, as it has thru most of its evil history.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Actually I lost my V-card in 2016, so it wasn't all bad :P.

Of course I then had my heart crushed and demolished, but you win some and you lose some.

Ahhh... I also lost 5 dollars. Fuck 2016.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

Actually, 2016 has been one of the best years of my life. So no, it wasn't all bad.

God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 16, 2016, 04:36:10 PM
Actually, 2016 has been one of the best years of my life. So no, it wasn't all bad.

Why is this the best year of your life?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Well, my life has been idyllic for a long time. This past year's been even more so. I have what I need, and I need only what I have. I'm the richest person in the world.
God Not Found

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on November 15, 2016, 07:11:45 PM
Hardly, unless you are a Snowflake.  It is perfectly reasonable for the US to be governed by evil people, as it has thru most of its evil history.

well yeeeah, but as history would show us, the ones who benefited from those evil rules and rulers were evil themselves, in times where anyone who wants rich white american became slaves or just burned alive. But today, 'mericas a tiny, wee bit more multicultural now, and having evil white business men that belong in the 17 hundreds as the leader of their country is gonna create problems now. Especially when someone who represented those minorities was just previously in the white house.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin