News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Im scared

Started by Jannabear, November 09, 2016, 05:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 09, 2016, 09:56:14 AM
And he is the president of the United States of America right now. I want to cry so badly, I just can't. :sad2:

Actually he isn't. Not yet anyway although the chances he won't be on January 20th are remote at best. The electoral college could choose someone else. At least some of the members are on record saying they would not cast their ballot for him. The son of a bitch could die of syphilis, or some attractive young lady could rip his balls off and he could bleed to death. Plus there is always ease of access to guns...
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on November 09, 2016, 10:25:30 AM
The electoral college could choose someone else.

Do you really believe that? Aren't they supposed to vote for what their state voted?

E:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_College_(United_States)

QuoteThe United States Electoral College is the body that elects the President and Vice President of the United States every four years. Citizens of the United States do not directly elect the president or the vice president; instead they choose "electors", who usually pledge to vote for particular candidates.[1][2][3]

The number of electors in each state is equal to the number of members of Congress to which the state is entitled,[4] while the Twenty-third Amendment grants the District of Columbia the same number of electors as the least populous state, which is currently three. Therefore, there are currently 538 electors, corresponding to the 435 Representatives and 100 Senators, plus the three additional electors from the District of Columbia. The Constitution bars any federal official, elected or appointed, from being an elector.

All states, except for Maine and Nebraska, have chosen electors on a "winner-take-all" basis since the 1880s.[5] Under winner-take-all, a state has all of its electors pledged to the presidential candidate who wins the most votes in that state. Maine and Nebraska use the "congressional district method", selecting one elector within each congressional district by popular vote and selecting the remaining two electors by a statewide popular vote.[6] Although no elector is required by federal law to honor a pledge, there have been very few occasions when an elector voted contrary to a pledge.[7][8] The Twelfth Amendment, in specifying how a president and vice president are elected, requires each elector to cast one vote for president and another vote for vice president.[9][10]
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PopeyesPappy

Do I believe it will happen? No. Is it a possibility? Yes. The reason we have an electoral college to begin with is to allow wiser people to overrule a poor choice by the unwashed masses.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on November 09, 2016, 10:32:58 AM
Do I believe it will happen? No. Is it a possibility? Yes. The reason we have an electoral college to begin with is to allow wiser people to overrule a poor choice by the unwashed masses.

I get that. I just don't see it happening either. They would get burned at the stake and honestly a move like that could cause serious trouble right now I am afraid.

He didn't win by a hair, he crushed. :sad2:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 09, 2016, 10:36:01 AM
I get that. I just don't see it happening either. They would get burned at the stake and honestly a move like that could cause serious trouble right now I am afraid.

He didn't win by a hair, he crushed. :sad2:

No he didn't. As things stand right now with 94% of the results counted he is behind in the popular vote.

Jannabear

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on November 09, 2016, 10:32:58 AM
the electoral college is the reason he won, he actually lost by popular vote

Atheon

I've said time and time again that the electoral college should be abolished.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

AllPurposeAtheist

"the American people"  should have their collective tongues ripped out and never be allowed to speak again.. ~Donald J Trump
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on November 09, 2016, 10:25:30 AM
Actually he isn't. Not yet anyway although the chances he won't be on January 20th are remote at best. The electoral college could choose someone else. At least some of the members are on record saying they would not cast their ballot for him. The son of a bitch could die of syphilis, or some attractive young lady could rip his balls off and he could bleed to death. Plus there is always ease of access to guns...
That will only work in states like Texas, which have no "faithless elector" laws.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

AllPurposeAtheist

Wanna take bets on how many intelligence agencies around the world have already made contingency plans for assassination of the US president?

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on November 09, 2016, 12:52:08 PM
That will only work in states like Texas, which have no "faithless elector" laws.

Ray v. Blair

QuoteThe ruling only held that requiring a pledge, not a vote, was constitutional and Justice Jackson wrote in his dissent, "no one faithful to our history can deny that the plan originally contemplated what is implicit in its text â€" that electors would be free agents, to exercise an independent and nonpartisan judgment as to the men best qualified for the Nation's highest offices." More recent legal scholars believe "a state law that would thwart a federal elector’s discretion at an extraordinary time when it reasonably must be exercised would clearly violate Article II and the Twelfth Amendment."[6]

The Supreme Court has never ruled on the constitutionality of state laws that punish electors for actually casting a faithless vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 09, 2016, 01:03:22 PM
Wanna take bets on how many intelligence agencies around the world have already made contingency plans for assassination of the US president?

In other news, President Obama has been assassinated.
The assassination appears to have been an act of retaliation by the UN for allowing the outcome of this election under his term to come to fluition.
When asked why not assassinate Trump instead, the International Court of Justice met our reporters with blank stares, awkward silence and eventually "No comment."
More on this as it devellops.

And now for weather.
Winter seems to be coming on strong everywhere in the world, as hell has frozen over. We expect this to once and for all put to rest the global-warming hoax, so says our supreme overlord Trump.
All rise now for the National anthem. And remember, you're being watched. Feel safe.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

AllPurposeAtheist

Janabear, just remember Hoover was a cross dresser when such things could get people arrested.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman