Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Im scared

Started by Jannabear, November 09, 2016, 05:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jannabear

I'm seriously scared at the moment.
mike pence as vp and a republican house and senate
the state I live in already lacks trans rights to a bad extent, now I'm genuinely scared.
If it's this bad under a socially liberal president, or atleast somewhat socially liberal, then I'm basically fucked.
my state already has no anti discrimination laws for transgender workers
What the fuck am I going to do

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

drunkenshoe

*Hugs. Hang in there. Try not to think about the worst.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mr.Obvious

Take it one day at a time.

And have hope. Thing's Will be tough. But a people that can survive in the bushes for eight years is strong. Such a people just might make it through 4 years of struggling through the trump-dump.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Nonsensei

I'm a heterosexual white male and I'm scared.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

drunkenshoe

Come on, guys, let's try to calm down. Take it easy. You'll need your sanity more than anything from now on. You need to stand firm on the ground whatever, I mean really whatever happens, doesn't matter how crazy and fucked up it is. Trust me, speaking from experience.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GSOgymrat

Yes, with Pence and the Republicans in control of the executive, legislative and eventually judicial branches of government, the rights of LGBT people are definitely in jeopardy.

SGOS

We survived George Bush.  It wasn't pretty, but we did it.  Yes, it was a disaster, but here we are.  We can do it again.

drunkenshoe

Millions of civillians haven't survived Bush. With Trump it could be worse. And this time it could be worse for Americans too. 

Hydra009

Quote from: Jannabear on November 09, 2016, 05:17:00 AMI'm seriously scared at the moment.
mike pence as vp and a republican house and senate
the state I live in already lacks trans rights to a bad extent, now I'm genuinely scared.
If it's this bad under a socially liberal president, or atleast somewhat socially liberal, then I'm basically fucked.
my state already has no anti discrimination laws for transgender workers
What the fuck am I going to do
I'm scared, too.  Trump himself doesn't have a problem with trans people using whichever bathroom, but he brought a whole lot of right-wing zealots into power with him and they have no such compunction.  I live in ground zero of this trans bathroom BS issue and the tide was turning against it, was being the operative world.  If the Dems had won control over both the NC house and senate, this issue would be dead.  Instead, the Republicans have control.  We just barely have a Dem governor, and that'd normally be good, but without legislative support, it's unlikely he'd be able to change this stupid, self-destructive policy.  We'll be the laughingstock of the country for a few more years, but after these election results, no one is laughing.

Cavebear

Trump will appease his followers and things are going to get very bad very fast.

And wait til the Supreme Court judges stay on for 40 years...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 09, 2016, 08:15:44 AM
Millions of civillians haven't survived Bush. With Trump it could be worse. And this time it could be worse for Americans too. 

It could be, but we don't know yet.  There's a possibility that Trump could turn out to be an ineffective baboon, whose main talent is feeding SNL with silly things.  We have the benefit of hindsight with Bush.  He was truly horrible, possibly even evil.  We don't have that hindsight with Trump yet.

Hydra009

I don't think we have to do much wondering how a guy who infamously said that he'd like to kill civilians and torture - even if it doesn't work - would conduct his foreign policy.  The people who publicly feared that Clinton would spark WWIII apparently never turned a skeptical eye to their own candidate.

Best case scenario is that that's all bluster and we have a more isolationist foreign policy, which I'm sure Putin will be pleased with.

Munch

Things are going to get very ugly for you guys, my mums got a gay friend in LA and he was terrified of trump getting in power, so I just hope he holds out.

Your just have to play things by ear, but I would prepare for what's to come, save some money. LGBTQ people in America have survived worse, and fought for their rights, just means the fight goes on.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on November 09, 2016, 09:35:21 AM
It could be, but we don't know yet.  There's a possibility that Trump could turn out to be an ineffective baboon, whose main talent is feeding SNL with silly things.  We have the benefit of hindsight with Bush.  He was truly horrible, possibly even evil.  We don't have that hindsight with Trump yet.

Let's hope so. I dunno, SGOS. This man is a salesman. Do you remember the broker characters portrayed in Wolf of Wall Street? The money and power hunger idiots turned into monsters by Jordan Belfort? This man is an original rich version of them, from craddle. There is nothing he wouldn't sell to get profit or power, including America and American people. Rich will get more rich and others will get poorer. Also I think he will change 180 degrees now and he will try to draw a new image of a 'president of all Americans' and THEN when he acquired enough power, he will try to do whatever he will. It will happen gradually. :sad2:

And best profit is in war, arms trade, agressive policies. Esp. in this climate. And he will make the best of it, he is not stupid. He is gonna get along with Erdogan very well. Trust me.

And he is the president of the United States of America right now. I want to cry so badly, I just can't. :sad2: