Glenn Beck: Obama's made me a better man

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, November 08, 2016, 04:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Well this is a strange twist.. Beck praising Obama and breaking from the Fox echo chamber?
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/glenn-beck-obama-made-me-better-man

I'm kind of split here. Part of me says once a grifter always a grifter, but perhaps Beck is actually coming in from the cold and decided that the years of bullshit peddling was a monumental waste of time. Sure he made a pile of money with his daily bullshit rants on Fox and now he's looking for a new spin, but it is possible that he's come to his senses. I guess time will tell.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Stay away from voting ... you are easily duped ... if the person says what you want them to say.  Beck and Fox broke a long time ago, because Beck couldn't stay on message, he was a loose cannon and bigger narcissist than even the other Fox bots.  If that is your ally ... then you are in a weak position.  I despise Beck, a pseudo historian and pseudo philosopher no matter which candidate he endorses.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Baruch on November 08, 2016, 06:48:25 AM
Stay away from voting ... you are easily duped ... if the person says what you want them to say.  Beck and Fox broke a long time ago, because Beck couldn't stay on message, he was a loose cannon and bigger narcissist than even the other Fox bots.  If that is your ally ... then you are in a weak position.  I despise Beck, a pseudo historian and pseudo philosopher no matter which candidate he endorses.
Don't worry. I have never trusted nor had any desire to pay any attention to anything Beck has ever said. I just thought this somewhat interesting to see Beck tossed out of the speeding gop car.

Hydra009

He's been doing that for a while now.  He praised Michelle Obama's speech a month or two ago.

He was a fervent supporter of Ted "annointed by God" Cruz.  When Trump swooped in an took over the nomination and Cruz's endorsement, Glenn didn't take it well.  And his ongoing feud with the burgeoning Trump camp - drawn from the same pool of conservatives that Beck draws his audience from - has not been good for business.  He's trying to find a way out.  And rest assured, it's not a sudden surge of sanity that's prompting this move.

SGOS

Don't give Beck any credit.  I've know a few people that wildly changed, be it finding God in flash of insight, or suddenly realizing that global warming is real.  I'm talking about huge wild swings of perception that have little to do with accumulation of knowledge or grasp of reality.  They simply change extremes.  The best explanation is that they are nuts.  There may be a label for the precise nature of their disorder, but they aren't playing with a full deck.  Is Beck one of those with a half deck?  Or is he just a publicity whore?  I know this sounds like an exclusion of the possibilities in-between, but I have absolutely no reason to conclude he has considered those.  When you lose your credibility to the extent he has, you don't get it back with more bullshit.  You deserve to be ignored, because you have lost the ability to make contributions to any dialog.  What you say no longer means anything.

Atheon

I wouldn't trust Beck any farther than I could throw the pile of bullshit he's generated over the last 20 years. But his hatred for Trump is not a secret, he's fallen out with Fix News, and he and Alex Jones call each other crazy (hey guys, you're both crazy!). Has he had a change of heart? I'm guessing there must be money in this. Call me cynical. But he's Glenn Beck. I don't want him on my side.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

AllPurposeAtheist

I've always kind of doubted the Fox clown car was full of true believers. After all fox isn't just one station, it's a large network of people spread over the entire nation and to some degree the world ,but it's primary reason to be in existence is profit just like every other business and it's employees are expected to echo whatever the boss tells them to say. While many of us wouldn't tow the company line more people than not will and pretend to be true believers in whatever their company is selling. In other words they'll hold their noses and eat that shit sandwich every morning to keep bringing home the bacon. I would suspect it's a much tastier brand of shit on the sandwich when you're paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a month than when you're paid minimum wage and asking people if they want fries with that shit sandwich.
Hell, many people would gladly glorify Charles Manson if the price was right so I suspect that the fox clown car is absolutely loaded with shit sandwich eaters.
At one time I sold phony advertising in a boiler room operation. I knew it was phony, but sold a lot of fake ads.
Glenn Beck I suspect is not much different.
Look, it's really easy to sit back on our high horses and look down at people who do these things especially if you've never had to feed a family by starting your day off with shit sandwiches, but it doesn't always mean they're true believers. 

Cavebear

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 08, 2016, 12:24:32 PM
I've always kind of doubted the Fox clown car was full of true believers. After all fox isn't just one station, it's a large network of people spread over the entire nation and to some degree the world ,but it's primary reason to be in existence is profit just like every other business and it's employees are expected to echo whatever the boss tells them to say. While many of us wouldn't tow the company line more people than not will and pretend to be true believers in whatever their company is selling. In other words they'll hold their noses and eat that shit sandwich every morning to keep bringing home the bacon. I would suspect it's a much tastier brand of shit on the sandwich when you're paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a month than when you're paid minimum wage and asking people if they want fries with that shit sandwich.
Hell, many people would gladly glorify Charles Manson if the price was right so I suspect that the fox clown car is absolutely loaded with shit sandwich eaters.
At one time I sold phony advertising in a boiler room operation. I knew it was phony, but sold a lot of fake ads.
Glenn Beck I suspect is not much different.
Look, it's really easy to sit back on our high horses and look down at people who do these things especially if you've never had to feed a family by starting your day off with shit sandwiches, but it doesn't always mean they're true believers.

Interestingly, I declined a few jobs of selling crap to innocent people.  I got real work.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 08, 2016, 04:47:37 AM
Well this is a strange twist.. Beck praising Obama and breaking from the Fox echo chamber?
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/glenn-beck-obama-made-me-better-man

I'm kind of split here. Part of me says once a grifter always a grifter, but perhaps Beck is actually coming in from the cold and decided that the years of bullshit peddling was a monumental waste of time. Sure he made a pile of money with his daily bullshit rants on Fox and now he's looking for a new spin, but it is possible that he's come to his senses. I guess time will tell.
I live in a city whose only radio station features the Beck show in the mornings.  And it is on when I go to my daily torture at the local gym.  At times I listen for a second or so just to get my daily requirement of vomit out of the way (I usually listen to KNBR, a sports radio).  One morning a couple of months ago I almost plowed into the car in front of me--while tuned in to Beck, he told his audience that Trump was immoral, evil and any Christian who supported him was not really a christian.  You talk total and complete surprise!!!

And now he supports Obama???  Yeah, he said that on his show as well.  What the hell is he up to????  Selling more gold that way?????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Nothing about Glen Beck can make the world better.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!