News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Colanth - Webmaster

Started by wolf39us, June 06, 2013, 09:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

Colanth has been a great help with some awesome code that will keep the site safer than it was.  We will both automatically receive e-mails daily with the site files attached!  

Colanth is an experienced PHP developer with a little extra time on his hands and has agreed to assist me in keeping the site going (Thank You!).  He will help lift the burden of keeping things running around here :-)

Congratulations Colanth!

WitchSabrina

Thanks to Colanth. (and thanks to you too Wolf)

=D>  =D>  =D>
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Colanth

Thanks to the board.  Being retired means that I forget everything.  Having to work on the board will keep me from rusting away.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

stromboli

Quote from: "Colanth"Thanks to the board.  Being retired means that I forget everything.  Having to work on the board will keep me from rusting away.

I know the feeling......

Fidel_Castronaut

Congrats :)

Good team so far :)
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Sal1981

Yay.

Make it as least reliable on JS as possible, only for mobile at most, and rely on CSS and PHP as much as possible.

And for Jebus' sake, remove that eval() function.

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm a former site hack and have already forgotten more than I ever learned. At least now the site is faster and so far no blank white screens since the server switchover.. Thanks fellers.. good show. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

wolf39us

Quote from: "Sal1981"Yay.

Make it as least reliable on JS as possible, only for mobile at most, and rely on CSS and PHP as much as possible.

which eval()?

stromboli

So he's sort of like Gandalf then.

Sal1981

Quote from: "wolf39us"
Quote from: "Sal1981"Yay.

which eval()?
Appears at line 72 in the HTML document of the viewtopic.php and posting.php

Only if you don't see any other way around than using eval(). I obviously don't see the php page from the server, but wouldn't it be easier to just use getElementsByTagName or somesuch to get the element id?

http://php.net/manual/en/function.eval.php

Quote[center:1yw5tsrg]Caution[/center:1yw5tsrg]
The eval() language construct is very dangerous because it allows execution of arbitrary PHP code. Its use thus is discouraged. If you have carefully verified that there is no other option than to use this construct, pay special attention not to pass any user provided data into it without properly validating it beforehand.

wolf39us

I searched both those files.

Neither of them are sporting an eval function

PickelledEggs

Colanth

It occurs in the overall_header tpl files in the cache, but not in any other files.  It's in function marklist().  (Probably only generated dynamically - and that would put it in the core files.)

[Edit]
Oops, I was wrong.  It's in overall_header.php too.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

WitchSabrina

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

La Dolce Vita

Congratulations! Make us proud! (And by that I mean that you do a lot of free work and favors for us. Yeah, if you could do that, that would be great)