The final push DEMS GET OUT AND VOTE!

Started by Brian37, November 02, 2016, 08:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 09, 2016, 08:12:28 AM
:(

What I don't get is how the Religious Right has been on the wane for years now, to the point that they're mostly a joke rather than a serious threat.  Then a shitton of people decided to vote for the guy kissing Pat Robertson's ass.  WTF.

They weren't following Robertson.  They were following the new Fhurher.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 09, 2016, 08:12:28 AM
:(

What I don't get is how the Religious Right has been on the wane for years now, to the point that they're mostly a joke rather than a serious threat.  Then a shitton of people decided to vote for the guy kissing Pat Robertson's ass.  WTF.

Evangelical guests on the program  last night stated they were going to lose no matter who won.  I didn't necessarily believe they were really that pessimistic about their condition, but this election seemed to focus more on racism and immigration.  Any assumptions about Trump at this point are mostly speculative when it doesn't involve race.  A Republican Senate is where the religious right might benefit the most, however.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on November 09, 2016, 08:22:42 AM
Evangelical guests on the program  last night stated they were going to lose no matter who won.  I didn't necessarily believe they were really that pessimistic about their condition, but this election seemed to focus more on racism and immigration.  Any assumptions about Trump at this point are mostly speculative when it doesn't involve race.  A Republican Senate is where the religious right might benefit the most, however.

Trump has many flaws.  But religion is not one.  He WILL pander to them though.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!