Is morality an invention or do we all have somewhat of a built in compass?

Started by 374621, November 10, 2016, 06:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: popsthebuilder on December 09, 2016, 08:50:36 AM
Correct usage would be hat usage that confirms what is known within the selfless conscience and is equally profitable and peaceable for all existence.
Emotion is intrinsic to the reception of he conscience.

You statement about emotions being useless as knowledge in them self may be seen as true. Emotion signifies importance to self, but to conflate this with regular ole emotions in ones life is flawed. One must at least be able to see self deception and consciously negate want for self in active conclusive thought processes in order to even realize what type of emotion I'm speaking of, and how it connects to truth and reality and significance.

Surely you think this is fluffy hot air, as I would expect many to do, but to assume such prior to ever realising self deception is a blind or one sided opinion on a two sided topic.

peace

I don't know what you are talking about.  It almost sounds like you are going to make sense, and then it ends up wandering about leaving what seems like a trail of half thoughts and confusion.

Jason78

Quote from: 374621 on November 10, 2016, 06:02:19 PM
I was wondering if all or most humans throughout history have had a conscience, this inner feeling that makes them feel bad when they murder for no reason or makes them feel good if they feed a homeless man for example.

Some humans don't have that feeling even now.   They don't feel bad when they do bad things, and they don't feel good when they do good things.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato