News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

World Series prediction

Started by trdsf, October 25, 2016, 01:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on October 31, 2016, 01:58:20 PM
I'm perfectly happy to see the Cubs break their curse.

Just not at the expense of Cleveland.  Let 'em humiliate the Yankees, they deserve it more.
Hey--watch your filthy mouth!!!  The Yankees have been humiliating themselves, lately.  Actually, I wish I could hear more anti-Yankee stuff.  The more the merrier.  That simply means they would be winning--but they aren't doing that so much any more. :(
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 02, 2016, 12:13:56 PM
Hey--watch your filthy mouth!!!  The Yankees have been humiliating themselves, lately.  Actually, I wish I could hear more anti-Yankee stuff.  The more the merrier.  That simply means they would be winning--but they aren't doing that so much any more. :(
Oh, I'm perfectly happy to deliver plenty of anti-Evil Empire rants.  Even when they're losing.  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on November 02, 2016, 01:57:21 PM
Oh, I'm perfectly happy to deliver plenty of anti-Evil Empire rants.  Even when they're losing.  :D
Well, keep it up--reminds this Yankee fan of the good old days. :)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Aw crap, another historical part of baseball blown all to hell!  Cubs win.  I have nothing against them, but I wish they hadn't.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Atheon

Back To The Future got it wrong by one year.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Cavebear

SGOS

Yay Cubs.  But I have to concede that winning is not as good as losing is bad.  Cleveland had a good team.  They should be proud.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on November 03, 2016, 05:58:30 AM
Yay Cubs.  But I have to concede that winning is not as good as losing is bad.  Cleveland had a good team.  They should be proud.

One historically losing team HAD to win.  I didn't watch a minute of the final game, but I bet they got records numbers of watchers.  I only waited to see the outcome on my news feed.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Atheon on November 03, 2016, 02:34:56 AM
Back To The Future got it wrong by one year.
Micheal J. Fox must have gone back to the future, and changed it again.

Glad to see them win. I'll just be glad when the sports conversation returns to football. Baseball bores the hell out of me.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Cavebear

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on November 03, 2016, 06:43:32 AM
Micheal J. Fox must have gone back to the future, and changed it again.

Glad to see them win. I'll just be glad when the sports conversation returns to football. Baseball bores the hell out of me.

I used baseball game time to visit my cat-blog friends.  If anything happened in the game, there would be a replay.  Football stays kind of active and you don't always get a replay.

trdsf

Can't say the Cubs didn't earn it.  That was a hell of a game.

All the same, &^$%#*% Chicago.  ;)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Oh, the Cubs.  So much for history...

Shiranu

Supposedly some of the seats were going upward of $50,000. Good times.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on November 03, 2016, 06:12:51 PM
Supposedly some of the seats were going upward of $50,000. Good times.

When the Cubs were down by three games, scalpers were lowering the price of tickets for games 6 an 7, down to $2600.  Those that hung on to them must have been happy.