How Do You Rate the 3rd Debate?

Started by Atheon, October 19, 2016, 11:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

The moment that completely lost the debate for him (not that he was at any point in a position to win it, but the moment he genuinely just pissed it all down his leg) was at the mention of the Emmy Awards, and he interrupted with "Shoulda won it."  If there's one moment to demonstrate what a whiny-ass five year old he is, that was it.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on October 20, 2016, 09:47:41 AM
A presidential candidate stating elections are fixed before the election has taken place seems like a dubious strategy, especially regarding the Right. There is a fine line between saying the government is corrupt and bashing America-- just ask the Dixie Chicks. Has anyone asked Trump since he knew the elections were fixed why he bothered to invest such time, money and energy running for president?

All elections are fixed, this is to dupe the voters into thinking they matter.  See Kennedy vs Nixon, 1960.  Oh, that would never happen again, would it?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

If anyone watched the Al Smith dinner last night Trump has finally recognized he's dead in the water. I said in another thread that he has two choices, either continue down the path of dragging the GOP down with him or make an extremely apologetic speech and apologize to the public at large for his behavior and for putting the election results into question.  I'd prefer the later, but expect him to continue till he's a complete pariah the rest of his life. 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Sylar

Quote from: trdsf on October 20, 2016, 01:13:07 PM
The moment that completely lost the debate for him (not that he was at any point in a position to win it, but the moment he genuinely just pissed it all down his leg) was at the mention of the Emmy Awards, and he interrupted with "Shoulda won it."  If there's one moment to demonstrate what a whiny-ass five year old he is, that was it.

His supporters like him for being the whiny-ass five year old that he is -- he speaks at their level, and articulates the same level of ignorance that the religious right displays on so many topics.

The only reason I am voting for Clinton is because of Supreme Court appointments. I won't risk having the orange monkey make it to the White House, even though California is blue and pretty much a done-deal.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

trdsf

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 21, 2016, 11:08:14 AM
If anyone watched the Al Smith dinner last night Trump has finally recognized he's dead in the water. I said in another thread that he has two choices, either continue down the path of dragging the GOP down with him or make an extremely apologetic speech and apologize to the public at large for his behavior and for putting the election results into question.  I'd prefer the later, but expect him to continue till he's a complete pariah the rest of his life.
There's not enough booze in the world to induce me to watch his presentation, although I note that even Faux News couldn't spin it positively for him.

I bet he's going to start his own party after losing, basically turning the teabaggers into his own cult of personality.  Which serves the additional purpose of kicking the GOP in the balls.  2018 should be fun to watch for the bloodletting between the 'cowards who wouldn't support our candidate' and the 'idiots who put that fucking disaster on the top of the ballot'.  And the McMullen campaign in Utah should be scaring the hell out of the Republican Powers That Be.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Trump never knows what the end of a sentence will be when he starts one.

I don't like people like that.  They are called "pointy-haired managers" in my world, dedicated (unintentionally, through stupidity) to making the world a dumber and crazier place.

By which I mean that Trump isn't deliberately making things crazier.  It is just how he sees the world.  Everyone is against him, his peers are just people to try to beat down, and anyone he can cheat is a sucker.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

The Clinton-bots are way ahead of him ... been a cult since at least 1992.  Just keeping up with the Kennedy family and the Bush family.  I hope the Obama girls stay out of public office.

Of course Trump is a manager type ... been a Dilbert supporter for decades.  Without managers messing up, we would already have star ships.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Latest Polling After 3rd Debate  (Electoral College Votes)

tp://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-electoral-idUSKCN12M0JR

Quoteif the election was held this week. The mostly likely outcome would be 326 votes for Clinton to 212 for Trump.

Trump came off his best debate performance of the campaign Wednesday evening but the polling consensus still showed Clinton winning the third and final face-off on prime-time TV. Trump disputes those findings.

And some national polls had the race tightening a wee bit this week though others had Clinton maintaining her solid lead.

Trumps most damaging remarks didn't help, but if I read this right, they didn't hurt either. Of course, with Trump so far down, one could argue that if a remark doesn't help, it hurts.

Cavebear

Trump is one of those people who are celebrities by being celebrities.  He doesn't care what you think about him so long as his name is spelled right in the newspapers.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

We will see ... D party and R party vote caging and voting machine busting ... is directed against the swing states, so not against my state.  Soros owns many of the voting machines ... wonder how that will work out?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.