News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Question about voting.

Started by Ro3bert, October 14, 2016, 01:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on October 15, 2016, 11:15:27 AM
The two-party system is a product of the Electoral College and the winner-takes-all system that goes with it, as well as a lack of a runoff system for presidential elections. If we want third parties to thrive, these need to be addressed. ANd the Republican Party needs to be destroyed.

This year, there's a possibility that Texas could be a swing state; Arizona already is, and Alaska and Georgia seem on the brink too.

If the Republican party is destroyed, then the Confederates will have to return to being Democrats ... and we can then destroy them.  People hate both parties, yet vote for their candidates ... and blame anything and anyone other than themselves.  I call bullshit on that ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 15, 2016, 07:25:04 AM
I hesitate to vote 3rd party, though there have been times I wanted to.  But look at the 3rd party vhoices we have had.  George Wallace, John Anderson, Ross Perot.  Nome qualified for Presidency.  In some country's systems, that works.  But not in the US.  We are set up for 2 parties.  Its structural.

Then like I have said elsewhere, end the USA, end the USA!  The cancer must be killed, even if the host has to die ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Jack89 on October 15, 2016, 10:30:18 AM
I won't vote for Hillary, and probably won't vote for Trump.  Hillary scares me.  Her proposed no fly zone over Syria, and her accusations that Russia is behind the email leaks, makes for very unstable relations with Russia if makes it into office, to say the least.  Can you imagine what would happen if we shot down a Russian military aircraft?

Holy crusade against Russia, replaces holy crusade against ME ... so war before the election, after the election but before the inauguration, or after the inauguration?  War definitely ... the US has been evil since Gulf of Tonkin.  But this time our victim will have nukes and be willing to use them.  All part of Agenda 21.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Bill Clinton is a Rhodes Scholar ...

"WHY SHOULD WE NOT FORM A SECRET SOCIETY WITH BUT ONE OBJECT, THE FURTHERANCE OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE AND THE BRINGING OF THE WHOLE UNCIVILISED WORLD UNDER BRITISH RULE, FOR THE RECOVERY OF THE UNITED STATES FOR THE MAKING THE ANGLO-SAXON RACE BUT ONE EMPIRE." CECIL RHODES, 1877

Goal achieved after WW II, with formation of the Five Eyes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Jack89 on October 15, 2016, 10:30:18 AM
I won't vote for Hillary, and probably won't vote for Trump.  Hillary scares me.  Her proposed no fly zone over Syria, and her accusations that Russia is behind the email leaks, makes for very unstable relations with Russia if makes it into office, to say the least.  Can you imagine what would happen if we shot down a Russian military aircraft?

A Russian jet was already shot down by Turkey.  Russia should already be at war with Turkey and the rest of Nato.  Since then further chess piece moves have been made, in the Baltics and in Syria.  But with nuclear chess, both would-be kings get checkmated!

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY." -- Hermann Goering at the Nuremberg Trials

American politics is the iron gauntlet.  With one party you don't get the velvet glove, with the other party you get the velvet glove ... how metrosexual is that ;-)  Rule by Oscar Wilde.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jack89

What I think I might do is write in Rand Paul for President, and vote mostly Republican for the rest of the ballot in an attempt to balance out the insanity.  If there's a good libertarian choice for a particular office, I'll go that way.  A useless gesture, I know, but there's not a whole lot else I can do. 

Baruch

Quote from: Jack89 on October 15, 2016, 12:52:20 PM
What I think I might do is write in Rand Paul for President, and vote mostly Republican for the rest of the ballot in an attempt to balance out the insanity.  If there's a good libertarian choice for a particular office, I'll go that way.  A useless gesture, I know, but there's not a whole lot else I can do.

At least you have a choice for write in, we don't here, and only Gary Johnson made the ballot, not Jill Stein.  I left the Democrat party in 1996 and have never looked back, except for Obama ... and I wished could take back both votes there, as well as my vote for Bill Clinton in 1992.  The three times I have voted for a Democrat candidate, they have won ... and I regretted all three.  There was such hope that we had gotten past this inveterate evil after Watergate ... but dogs just return to their vomit.

Hope the liberals are happy.  Hope all the gay partners get married ASAP ... because they won't have a long honeymoon before the nukes come.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jack89

Quote from: Baruch on October 15, 2016, 12:57:07 PM
At least you have a choice for write in, we don't here, and only Gary Johnson made the ballot, not Jill Stein.  I left the Democrat party in 1996 and have never looked back, except for Obama ... and I wished could take back both votes there, as well as my vote for Bill Clinton in 1992.  The three times I have voted for a Democrat candidate, they have won ... and I regretted all three.  There was such hope that we had gotten past this inveterate evil after Watergate ... but dogs just return to their vomit.

Hope the liberals are happy.  Hope all the gay partners get married ASAP ... because they won't have a long honeymoon before the nukes come.
I hear ya, I made the Obama double vote mistake as well.  I had such high hopes for him.  Such a disappointment. 

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jack89 on October 16, 2016, 12:26:28 AM
I hear ya, I made the Obama double vote mistake as well.  I had such high hopes for him.  Such a disappointment.

Why? Under Obama, we got the Affordable Care Act, a dead Osama bin Ladin, a lowered overall crime rate, lowered unemployment, improved gay rights, and countless other things.

http://pleasecutthecrap.com/obama-accomplishments/
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Draconic Aiur

trdsf

I'm voting Hillary.  I like my presidents to be policy wonks, and of the available field, she's hands down the most qualified.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

That term, wonk, sounds kinky to me ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Even though it won't change the outcome, I vote 3rd party.

First of all, I'm not in a swing state or a swing district.  There is absolutely zero chance that the outcome of giant douche or turd sandwich will change based on my vote.  Even if I was in a swing state or a swing district the odds are low.

Second, my vote has a greater statistical impact when I vote 3rd party.  Let's take the 2008 election.  Assume you're trying to decide between Barack Obama and Cynthia McKinney.  Obama got 69,498,516 votes, McKinney got 161,797 votes.  A vote for McKinney increases her total by 0.000,006%, but a vote for Obama increases his total by 0.000,000,01%.  Your vote for McKinney has 600 times the impact.

Plus both parties believe all 3rd party votes are "stolen" from the major parties.  So the more people vote 3rd party, the more they ultimately steer the major parties.  A vote for a major party ultimately sends the message "I approve of the way you are doing things", votes don't come with labels saying "I'm actually voting against the other guy."  The only way to vote is for what you actually believe in, otherwise it really is a wasted vote.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

SGOS

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on October 16, 2016, 04:26:04 PM
A vote for a major party ultimately sends the message "I approve of the way you are doing things", votes don't come with labels saying "I'm actually voting against the other guy."

This frustrates me too. It galls me to have them think my vote is approval.  I really don't want to create that impression.

Mike Cl

This is a no-brainer.  Hillary all the way!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?