News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Question about voting.

Started by Ro3bert, October 14, 2016, 01:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ro3bert

(Not a poll) Question: Which candidate will you vote for: the worst or the next worst?

The Skeletal Atheist

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Baruch

I gave up on voting for the least worst, 22 years ago ... I couldn't stand it.  Go Third Party, vote against all regular party incumbents ... incumbency is a problem, not a solution.  I also vote against all sitting elected judges.  My favorite parts are the ballot issues ... direct democracy.  Otherwise I hate politics.

So, if you hate both major parties ... and you don't open yourself to a third party ... you are part of the problem yourself.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Neither. I'm not going to be responsible for either one getting into office. I'm voting Libertarian this time. But if I had to choose between one pile of garbage or the other, the Hillary pile smells considerably less offensive.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

I hesitate to vote 3rd party, though there have been times I wanted to.  But look at the 3rd party vhoices we have had.  George Wallace, John Anderson, Ross Perot.  Nome qualified for Presidency.  In some country's systems, that works.  But not in the US.  We are set up for 2 parties.  Its structural.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mermaid

I am planning to vote for Clinton. Not only because Trump makes me want to vomit on every level, but because I want her as my president. I'm with her.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Atheon

Hillary Clinton by a country gigaparsec. I am an atheist, so I will vote for the only one of the two candidates (yes, two: I am a realist) who will veto any theocratic legislation, who is not a stooge of the religious right, and who will appoint Supreme Court justices who will uphold church/state separation and abortion rights. I want her appointing Scalia's replacement, not the orange monkey.

Some people don't like her. I really don't get that. Her negative perception is a mirage; it is the result of a 25-year Republican smear campaign. Once you cleanse away all the debunked Republican-invented lies, propaganda, accusations and "scandals", and look at who she really is, you will recognize this race as not the lesser of two evils, but one of good versus evil.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Jack89

I won't vote for Hillary, and probably won't vote for Trump.  Hillary scares me.  Her proposed no fly zone over Syria, and her accusations that Russia is behind the email leaks, makes for very unstable relations with Russia if makes it into office, to say the least.  Can you imagine what would happen if we shot down a Russian military aircraft?

Atheon

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 14, 2016, 10:40:25 AM
Neither. I'm not going to be responsible for either one getting into office. I'm voting Libertarian this time. But if I had to choose between one pile of garbage or the other, the Hillary pile smells considerably less offensive.
I hope I can convince you to reconsider, and to vote for Hillary instead of Johnson. By voting for Johnson, mathematically speaking you will still hold a degree responsibility for one of the two frontrunners getting into office. Given that you prefer Hillary over Trump, your vote for Johnson is essentially a vote for Trump (simply because you would fail to cancel a Trump vote).

You think Hillary is a corporatist? Trump is a corporation. You think Hillary is a hawk? Trump wouldn't hesitate to use nukes.

Hillary is by orders of magnitude the better choice of the two.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Cavebear

Quote from: Jack89 on October 15, 2016, 10:30:18 AM
I won't vote for Hillary, and probably won't vote for Trump.  Hillary scares me.  Her proposed no fly zone over Syria, and her accusations that Russia is behind the email leaks, makes for very unstable relations with Russia if makes it into office, to say the least.  Can you imagine what would happen if we shot down a Russian military aircraft?

That is quite an unsubstantiated leap from "Hillary scares me" to shooting down a Russian jet.  Beyond that, you DO realize the Trump said he would hesitate to use nuclear weapons.  Can you even ponder the differences in degree of what you fear between the 2?

Gee, let my think about this.  You're afraid Clinton might shoot down a Russian jet somewhere sometime, and the fact that Trump thinks a nuclear war is rational doesn't bother you?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Atheon on October 15, 2016, 10:30:49 AM
I hope I can convince you to reconsider, and to vote for Hillary instead of Johnson. By voting for Johnson, mathematically speaking you will still hold a degree responsibility for one of the two frontrunners getting into office. Given that you prefer Hillary over Trump, your vote for Johnson is essentially a vote for Trump (simply because you would fail to cancel a Trump vote).

You think Hillary is a corporatist? Trump is a corporation. You think Hillary is a hawk? Trump wouldn't hesitate to use nukes.

Hillary is by orders of magnitude the better choice of the two.

I live in Southern Texas. Most of the idiots here are probably voting for Trump, so voting for Hillary wouldn't do much good here either. I'm voting third party out of principle. I think that the two-party system is bullshit, and I hate that the media refuses to even acknowledge that we have more than two choices. These are the two most hated candidates ever to run against each other. People don't want either one to win. If there's ever been a time to vote third party, it's in this election.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Atheon

The two-party system is a product of the Electoral College and the winner-takes-all system that goes with it, as well as a lack of a runoff system for presidential elections. If we want third parties to thrive, these need to be addressed. ANd the Republican Party needs to be destroyed.

This year, there's a possibility that Texas could be a swing state; Arizona already is, and Alaska and Georgia seem on the brink too.

Johan

Quote from: Atheon on October 15, 2016, 10:30:49 AM
A vote for Johnson is a vote for Johnson. Getting a libertarian candidate 5% of the vote this time around means MUCH more federal money goes to the libertarian candidate next time round. That money could have made a real difference in Johnson's campaign this time. It could make a real difference for a libertarian candidate next time. So a vote for Johnson is NOT a vote wasted.

I will vote late in the day. If my state is solidly blue by the time I vote, I will vote for Johnson. If its still close by the time I vote, I will suck it up and vote for the one I hate less under protest.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Cavebear

By all means, Bender, vote for a 3rd party.  Any vote not for Trump helps Clinton...

Up your shiny metal ass!  LOL!

;)