Trump campaign rocked by new wave of sexual harassment allegations

Started by drunkenshoe, October 13, 2016, 03:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

I hear worse things in the office where I work.  4/5 of us are divorces, and the other one is always close to throwing her out.  In my case, I was the hard working "wife" and I got thrown out ... wasn't exciting enough after a long day and long commute.

Yes, lets make all the men into Catholic choir boys, all innocent and cute ... eew!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on October 19, 2016, 01:14:08 PM
If anyone is offended by my non-PC and now SJW talk ... I am sorry.  I myself would never assault a woman etc ... but the idea of everyone being innocent by their passivity (not saying women etc ask for it), like the lambs that they are ... that is not funny.  I would rather be around a woman who carries a big Bowie knife, and would kill any asshole who touches her.  Don't wait for a man to defend you ... there aren't many around.  Just men who will tisk risk after you have already been assaulted, and want Congress to do something about it.

I am also not excusing boorish behavior.  But the PC crowd want each side represented by legal counsel, and a written and signed agreement, before a woman or man is even spoken to.  When young I could take the risk that she would claim later, that she didn't consent.  Fortunately I didn't have many occasions to worry ;-).  But today I wouldn't even touch a wife, let alone a date.  Simply too dangerous, and the lawyer fees are murder.

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

I will take that as an acceptance for my apology as to how I expressed myself.  But I will never apologize for being myself.  I wouldn't expect either Trump or Hillary to do so, either (apologize for who they are).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Cavebear on October 19, 2016, 10:19:21 AMApparently not.  But there are some adults in the room, who will not tolerate such horrid statements.  We will know who they are by who speaks out on this thread.
If I had to reply to every crazy statement on here, I'd never do anything else.  Do I really need to refute the statement that "all sex is consensual" when it is so obviously factually incorrect?

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Baruch on October 20, 2016, 07:23:02 AM
I will take that as an acceptance for my apology as to how I expressed myself.  But I will never apologize for being myself.  I wouldn't expect either Trump or Hillary to do so, either (apologize for who they are).
That's saying nothing. It's like not apologizing for the ability to breathe in oxygen and you try to make it sound noble. You should quit while you're not completely browbeaten. I would have said ahead, but that point never existed in this thread.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

doorknob

We all knew Trump was and is despicable. But what I'm finding out now is that America is despicable.

Some of us women have serious trust issues you know. You're not helping things Baruch.

I'd agree with you that killing one's self rather than submitting may be honorable but there aren't always appropriate weapons available and I don't carry cyanide pills with me.

Not only this but when I was about 6, I was too young to know that what was happening to me was wrong. A six year old really can not consent.

Baruch

Quote from: doorknob on October 20, 2016, 06:01:18 PM
We all knew Trump was and is despicable. But what I'm finding out now is that America is despicable.

Some of us women have serious trust issues you know. You're not helping things Baruch.

I'd agree with you that killing one's self rather than submitting may be honorable but there aren't always appropriate weapons available and I don't carry cyanide pills with me.

Not only this but when I was about 6, I was too young to know that what was happening to me was wrong. A six year old really can not consent.

Reading 101 ... I was referring to a legendary event 2700 years ago.  But for today, no ... don't trust anyone, and carry a big knife.  If I want women to carry a big knife .. I am talking as a father of a daughter.  I am not being pro-male.

The honor thing might not apply today, but it was part of the legend.  A real Roman woman would have killed her attacker, then her honor wouldn't have been an issue.  Her suicide was Plan B.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

doorknob

That's a bit over simplistic. We'd all like to kill rapists but....

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Baruch, you need to learn that classic literature does not do well as an anology when it comes to how the modern world works and neither of them lose value because of this.

Yes romantic relationship is a modern day invention and in a black of white sense the relationship between man and woman; the traditional gender norms that relationship is based on that could be functional from the society's point of view fundementally conflicts with the modern world.

However here is the thing, modern world ACTUALLY benefits and profits from individuality and that conflict to reach it. It's the process, not a destination to arrive. And it worked.

And again there is no anology that would support the drawbacks of this civilisation process; progress just from back 200 years ago, let alone ancient literature. :lol:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: doorknob on October 21, 2016, 02:19:20 AM
That's a bit over simplistic. We'd all like to kill rapists but....

I am sympathetic of course, to people actually assaulted ... but I am saying, be militant to keep it from happening (if you are a female adult).  Traditionally men would do this, to protect their women and children ... but not today ... patriarchy is out of style
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 21, 2016, 06:27:15 AM
Baruch, you need to learn that classic literature does not do well as an anology when it comes to how the modern world works and neither of them lose value because of this.

Yes romantic relationship is a modern day invention and in a black of white sense the relationship between man and woman; the traditional gender norms that relationship is based on that could be functional from the society's point of view fundementally conflicts with the modern world.

However here is the thing, modern world ACTUALLY benefits and profits from individuality and that conflict to reach it. It's the process, not a destination to arrive. And it worked.

And again there is no anology that would support the drawbacks of this civilisation process; progress just from back 200 years ago, let alone ancient literature. :lol:

It is probably best to just stop responding to Barach...  He has a desire to get attention but no actual thoughts.  It took me a couple weeks to catch on to that.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 22, 2016, 01:32:47 AM
It is probably best to just stop responding to Barach...  He has a desire to get attention but no actual thoughts.  It took me a couple weeks to catch on to that.

You will fit right in here, with the rest of the Ripple afficionados ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.