Donald Trump: Its ok to grab women by the pussy if you're a star

Started by Nonsensei, October 08, 2016, 10:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

One good reason I don't have a smart phone.  They are too dumb.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Quote from: Baruch on October 27, 2016, 07:08:44 AM
I love how people who want to vote for Hillary/Trump, but who are ashamed of it, try to reframe it as voting for the lesser of two evils.  Fact is. reluctant supporters, are supporters, they just can't be honest with themselves and go full retard ;-)

Everybody thinks their candidate is the best thing since gluten free oatmeal ...
Nice straw man there.

I happen to think my candidate is a human being, with whom I agree on some issues, disagree on others, and in the main agree with more than I do the other candidates.  If we were to agree on every single point, only one of us would be doing any thinking.

I have a realistic expectation of my candidates.  I expect them to generally do what I hope, and fuck up occasionally, and if they do it the other way around, I'll vote for someone else next time.   If the candidate who survives the primary isn't my first choice, well, you know, I didn't get the only vote.  That's the whole point about democracy.  I am not ashamed of being a Clinton supporter.  She's qualified for the job, even if I would have preferred Bernie.

The only people who bitched about Obama not being perfect were the people who never supported him in the first place.  Ditto Hillary.  Politics isn't about perfect, and if you expect perfection, you're a fucking idiot.  You make the best choice you can from the options available.  If you don't like the choices, get involved rather that fucking moan about it and/or moaning about not being able to do anything about it.

I am sick to the back teeth with all the bitching and moaning about the system.  The system fucking works.  It clunks along, it sometimes gets stuck, it doesn't work perfectly because no system does.  D'you know what the fix is for the things that are wrong with democracy?  More democracy.  Get off your ass and get into the party HQ of your choice and make a fucking difference.  That's how it happens.  If all you want to do is sit back and complain, fuck you.  The rest of us have things to do.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

I remember being as young as you (politically).  Used to believe in the system like you do ;-)  Also agree, if you want change, it takes engagement not bitching.  Engagement isn't trivial ... only the rich or unemployed have the time.  This is why ancient Rome worked the way it did.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Baruch on October 29, 2016, 11:34:30 PM
I remember being as young as you (politically).  Used to believe in the system like you do ;-)  Also agree, if you want change, it takes engagement not bitching.  Engagement isn't trivial ... only the rich or unemployed have the time.  This is why ancient Rome worked the way it did.
In other words, you're too lazy to get off your ass and actually do anything.

Fine, whatever.  In that case, I really haven't time to waste on anything you have to say.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Atheon

The system works when Democrats win; it's broken when Republicans win. :)
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on October 30, 2016, 02:54:38 PM
In other words, you're too lazy to get off your ass and actually do anything.

Fine, whatever.  In that case, I really haven't time to waste on anything you have to say.

I have fully participated in one campaign ... 1988 D party ... and it was like being Ben Hur behind the oars.  What would building an all new party be like?  As I have pointed out, to be fully politically engaged, you can either marry a politically connected spouse (like Hillary did with Bill) or you can become wealthy enough that you don't have to work for a living (as Hillary and Bill are endeavoring to achieve).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

I have the feeling that if Trump wins, then during the years of darkness and horror that would follow, I'll be saying "Happy now?" and "I told you so" a lot.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on November 02, 2016, 08:49:31 PMI have the feeling that if Trump wins, then during the years of darkness and horror that would follow, I'll be saying "Happy now?" and "I told you so" a lot.
I imagine the portal opens up and hell's legions descend on the US at that point.

(Or is it ascend?  Technically, isn't hell down?  I think I need to relearn my demonology 101 lessons prior to election day just in case)

Cavebear

Problems of a Trump presidency will be earthly only.  There would be nothing else.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on November 02, 2016, 08:49:31 PM
I have the feeling that if Trump wins, then during the years of darkness and horror that would follow, I'll be saying "Happy now?" and "I told you so" a lot.

You are a prophet?  You aren't even Jewish ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.