News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

RIP Youtube

Started by Hydra009, September 24, 2016, 01:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

I don't recall if this was brought up before, but we must also remember that YouTube monetization is not a contract of employment: it's YouTube graciously allowing you to share in ad revenue if you follow certain rules. YouTube does not prevent you from seeking out your own sponsors, nor launch your videos on other platforms for additional revenue, nor do they even prevent you from using services like Patreon for independent funding.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Blackleaf

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 07, 2016, 01:08:37 AM
YouTube isn't going anywhere and you're not required to watch anything on it if you don't like their policies. But hey, start your own video posting site with absolutely no rules and welcome to the wonderful world of spammers. There are plenty of free YouTube clone scripts out there.
I watch a lot of woodworking videos and many have found ways to monitize their channels.
Check out Izzy Swan..

No one is saying that YouTube has an obligation to do what we want, nor are we suggesting that YouTube get rid of all of its rules and let people do whatever they want.. We're only saying that their policies are idiotic and frustrating. If you post a completely original video, no random company should be able to copyright claim your video and steal ad revenue away from you. Rules should not be so vaguely written that no one knows whether or not they are breaking them. I'm amazed that so many people are willing to stand up for YouTube when they are being so objectively moronic.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Laws are both inevitably and deliberately ambiguous.  This provides revenue for attorneys and stature for judges.  Otherwise people could still defend themselves in court, like Socrates (don't do this at home kids!).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 07, 2016, 01:38:50 PM
I don't recall if this was brought up before, but we must also remember that YouTube monetization is not a contract of employment: it's YouTube graciously allowing you to share in ad revenue if you follow certain rules. YouTube does not prevent you from seeking out your own sponsors, nor launch your videos on other platforms for additional revenue, nor do they even prevent you from using services like Patreon for independent funding.

TomFloorey wrote that. And yes, it is pretty much the point.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 08, 2016, 07:33:08 AM
TomFloorey wrote that. And yes, it is pretty much the point.

The entitled Left doesn't see it that way.  Youtube has the majority of eyeballs ... and they feel entitled to get their proportionate share of those eyeballs.  But that doesn't work with Youtube, like the old TV networks ... just doing to Youtube doesn't deliver any eyes in particular, otherwise all channels would have equal view count.  The Media Left wants their mule and 10 acres.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.