"Real Reason White People Say, 'All Lives Matter.' "

Started by Shiranu, September 22, 2016, 12:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBCuzISaidSo

Typically reading just the last page of a new topic, I remember why I have been at this forum for 8 fucking years.

Such love. So many funny.
It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.
--Han Solo, The Force Awakens

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on September 27, 2016, 07:28:34 AM
That anteater is a nightmare from Antz ... do you think he would be fair, or just genocide Jewish ants?

Ants are unstoppable. And their end won't be by ant eaters. If we end them, safe to say 'the end is nigh'. Literally. And that's David Attenborough chasing the giant ant eater...in 50s. So everybody is safe. For now.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 29, 2016, 04:19:10 AM
Ants are unstoppable. And their end won't be by ant eaters. If we end them, safe to say 'the end is nigh'. Literally. And that's David Attenborough chasing the giant ant eater...in 50s. So everybody is safe. For now.

Did Attenborough or the anteater ... invent jogging?  I thought it was Forest Gump ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on September 29, 2016, 06:35:37 AM
Did Attenborough or the anteater ... invent jogging?  I thought it was Forest Gump ;-)

LOL Apparently there is a man attributed with 'invention' of jogging but he died from a heart attack while jogging at 52.

I don't know which is more sad. That people think a man who died at 52 in our time 'invented' jogging or that the poor man died while doing something people thought he invented for health.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GSOgymrat

Student arrested after wearing gorilla mask, handing out bananas at Black Lives Matter protest

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/09/29/student-arrested-after-wearing-gorilla-mask-handing-out-bananas-at-black-lives-matter-protest/

An East Tennessee State University student was arrested Wednesday after going to a Black Lives Matter protest on campus wearing a gorilla mask and handing out bananas.
Tristan Rettke, an 18-year-old freshman, wore overalls and a gorilla mask and, wandering barefoot while holding a burlap sack with a Confederate flag and a marijuana leaf on it, offered bananas to students who were protesting, according to a report by ETSU police. He was arrested and charged with civil rights intimidation.

According to campus police, after being read his rights Rettke told officers that a couple of days earlier he had seen on social media that there would be a Black Lives Matter event in the “free speech” area of Borchuck Plaza on the Johnson City, Tenn., campus. He said he went to a store Tuesday to buy rope to tie to a bunch of bananas. While there he also bought the mask and brought it all to the event on Wednesday.

According to the police report, Rettke said the stunt was an attempt to provoke the protesters. ...

I had never heard of "civil rights intimidation." http://law.justia.com/codes/tennessee/2010/title-39/chapter-17/part-3/39-17-309/

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Quote from: Jack89 on September 30, 2016, 03:20:29 PM
Meanwhile...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJpWiV-zLoM

And they should be punished as well.

We really need to drop this idea that supporting BLM means supporting fringe idiots like this. It's getting a bit passe.

That, or start claiming that the idiot above represents all white people, or all people against BLM...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jack89

Quote from: Shiranu on September 30, 2016, 04:32:57 PM

We really need to drop this idea that supporting BLM means supporting fringe idiots like this. It's getting a bit passe.

That, or start claiming that the idiot above represents all white people, or all people against BLM...
I'm opposed to BLM because it does incite incidents like the blatant violent racism in the video I posted.  They are a racist organization that promotes hatred and violence.  Your analogy would have been closer to the mark if you said the idiot in the gorilla mask represents white supremacists, and not all white people. 

Shiranu

QuoteThey are a racist organization that promotes hatred and violence.

That's why BLM comes out in support of white, latino and other ethnic groups who are victims of police brutality. Because they sure hate dem whities.

That said, I would like to see them come out even more vocally in support of latino victims of crime, who are represented even less and even more negatively than African Americans are.

QuoteYour analogy would have been closer to the mark if you said the idiot in the gorilla mask represents white supremacists, and not all white people.

Only closer to the mark if you have a very prejudiced opinion of BLM, in which case fair play.

Baruch

Fortunately I am not in favor of White or Black guilt ... I find all people guilty.  Distinguishing one flavor of guilt from another is mere prejudice.

Free speech only works, as long as the people in the Matrix remain in the Matrix.  You are only free to express what the Matrix wants to be expressed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on September 30, 2016, 04:32:57 PM

Whether the grand-poo-bah of BLM supports it or not, the fact that people are inspired(?) to do things like this because of BLM, it makes BLM a problem.

And I say grand poo bah in partial jest because there is none. Every time someone says "this isn't what [insert movement/set of beliefs here] stands for" it's just one, big no-true-scottsman fallacy. This movement is now a both a multi-headed and a no-headed beast. No one controls it, but it controls a vast amount of people in a vast amount of ways.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 01, 2016, 03:13:19 AM
Whether the grand-poo-bah of BLM supports it or not, the fact that people are inspired(?) to do things like this because of BLM, it makes BLM a problem.

Good. There should be conflict. There should be problem. Because there are big problems and without conflict nothing is solved.

Equality is not given. It's taken.

QuoteAnd I say grand poo bah in partial jest because there is none. Every time someone says "this isn't what [insert movement/set of beliefs here] stands for" it's just one, big no-true-scottsman fallacy. This movement is now a both a multi-headed and a no-headed beast. No one controls it, but it controls a vast amount of people in a vast amount of ways

Controlled movement.  :rotflmao: 

Could your highness offer a model for protest groups in a violent racist culture that would turn people into robots with a remote control and act according to the vanilla people's vanilla expectations, so their safe, cotton world wouldn't be threatened?

GSOgymrat

AT&T CEO passionately defends Black Lives Matter

https://www.cnet.com/news/at-t-ceo-randall-stephenson-defends-black-lives-matter/

There was no mincing of words at an AT&T employee meeting last week focused on bridging racial divide."Our communities are being destroyed by racial tension and we're too polite to talk about it," AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson said last Friday at his company's employee resource group conference. Troubled by recent shootings and riots in Charlotte, North Carolina; Ferguson, Missouri; Baton Rouge and Dallas, Stephenson gave an honest account of his struggles with understanding the US racial divide. "Tolerance is for cowards," he said in his speech, which was posted to YouTube on Saturday. "Being tolerant requires nothing from you but to be quiet and not make waves."
Stephenson pleaded with his employees, "Do not tolerate each other. Work hard. Move into uncomfortable territory and understand each other."

Stephenson, head of one of the largest companies in the nation, brings a high-profile voice to the issue of rising racial tension brought on by the police shooting of black men and the subsequent protests in various cities around the country. The incidents have spurred the formation of the Black Lives Matter movement, which has sought to raise attention regarding systematic racism toward black people.
Stephenson admitted to being confused about the views of his longtime friend, a black doctor and veteran of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan who he referred to only by his first name, "Chris." He said that despite being friends for years, they've never once talked about race.

"If two very close friends of different races don't talk openly about this issue, that's tearing our communities apart, how do we expect to find common ground and solutions for what's a really serious, serious problem?" he asked.Stephenson said it wasn't until he witnessed the way Chris spoke to an all-white congregation about the struggles he endures as a black man that his views were able to change.

What drew one of the largest reactions from the audience of hundreds was when Stephenson quoted Chris: "When a parent says, 'I love my son,' you don't say, 'What about your daughter?' When we walk or run for breast cancer funding and research, we don't say, 'What about prostate cancer?' When the president says, 'God bless America,' we don't say, 'Shouldn't God bless all countries?' And when a person struggling with what's been broadcast on our airwaves says, 'black lives matter,' we should not say 'all lives matter' to justify ignoring the real need for change."

Stephenson urged his employees to start communicating. "If this is a dialogue that's going to begin at AT&T, I feel like it probably ought to start with me," he said. On social media, reactions to the speech have been positive, with AT&T employees sharing videos of the speech on their personal Facebook pages. Even T-Mobile CEO and outspoken rival John Legere acknowledged his support of the speech.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Jack89 on September 30, 2016, 05:52:23 PM
I'm opposed to BLM because it does incite incidents like the blatant violent racism in the video I posted.  They are a racist organization that promotes hatred and violence.  Your analogy would have been closer to the mark if you said the idiot in the gorilla mask represents white supremacists, and not all white people.

Yeah because while violent people in BLM makes BLM a racist hate group, gorilla mask racists or Christian White Supremacist killing people don't even touch the Christian White you -you are a Catholic, right?- because ya know, 'not all white people'. What bullshit.

And if we apply your general 'logic', your 'opinion' on BLM has nothing to do with you being a White Catholic -I am guessing it is 'not all Catholics!' now- and I should take this as an independent thought on the issue. Bullshit number 2.

Human cvilisation suffers because of people like you. Not angry people giving violent reactions in streets. While they are a result, with your reactions and opinions and the belief you  belong to, you represent the EVER standing cause, the reason. From your world view and general perspective of defining transgenderism as mental illness to your repeated reaction to cop shootings and every thread on conflict with blacks as 'black crime rate, black crime rate...black crime rate, balck racism, hatred', you are a typical bigot.

A bigot Catholic. What a shocker. Or wait, I shouldn't jump on conclusions, may be you are a 'true' Catholic, eh?