"Real Reason White People Say, 'All Lives Matter.' "

Started by Shiranu, September 22, 2016, 12:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 24, 2016, 03:47:53 PM
I don't think you and I are talking about the same thing here, because this post of yours is a complete non sequitur to the point I was trying to make.

Fair and balanced (like Fox News).

OK. I tried to tell what I think from a different point, it didn't work. :lol: So, you are right. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 24, 2016, 12:49:41 PM
No, they are not two sides of the same coin. It would be the two sides of the same coin, if racism against white people was systematic and institutional, a historical fact and a sub culture in the country.

That's a Holywood line which the hot shot delivers with mist in his eyes, looking into the camera before throwing his hair and leave the scene.

Could you please explain what does that mean? I mean how doe sthat supposed to reflect anything remotely aboout reality?

While the collective atitude of a society on a specific issue is not up to an individual, it depends on the attitudes of individuals. If someone refuses to understand something as simple as what Popeyes posted than may be they should rethink where they stand at least to be honest with themselves.

Come to South Texas where Gringo is said everywhere and it feels like to blend in I have to cut my skin off.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on September 26, 2016, 04:17:11 PM

Come to South Texas where Gringo is said everywhere and it feels like to blend in I have to cut my skin off.

Those who live by the salsa, die by the salsa ... ole!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

I can only say this as Central Texan... first off, Gringo is not an insult and second off... Mexican men do a shit load of shit talking, and I am not sure white people always understand that it's not malicious. You just have to have a thick skin around them.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Shiranu on September 26, 2016, 07:48:42 PM
I can only say this as Central Texan... first off, Gringo is not an insult and second off... Mexican men do a shit load of shit talking, and I am not sure white people always understand that it's not malicious. You just have to have a thick skin around them.

Clearly you don' know shit. Gringo is used negatively by people of Latino or Mexican origin. The whole purpose for its creation in Mexico and latin countries is to insult white people. it's like cracker or any other racial derogatory word. Ive been around longer than you and I know people who have been called "Gringo" longer than me. It's still racist and the people who use it spread hatred just like those old white racists who still call Mexicans and Latinos beaners. I have been picked because the color of my skin for all my life and you think it's just not serious? WTF! Are you fucking Serious?

Draconic Aiur

You want to piss me off well you FUCKING DID! YA FUCKING SJW MOTHER FUCKER!

Shiranu

And i grew up with Spanish speakers my entire life, and it really isn't. You want some actual insults towards whites, guero? Jojota, plz. Bolillo needs to learn a little more Spanish. Those are insults for being white.

Gringo has to do more with your culture than your race. And frankly, you do sound like a Gringo.

Ive been picked on for the color of my skin as well, included by my own adopted family and church who called me, "our little wop". ( without papers, basically nigger for Italians and Latinos). I was a Gringo to Hispanics as well, and it had nothing to do with the color of my skin but my attitude.

And again... Mexican men are heavy shit talkers, that's just the way it is. I say this as someone who has lived in both cultures... if you live amongst Mexicans long enough, you will find the "racism" towards white people is kiddy gloves compared to what they call and do to each other.

I'm not saying your experience doesn't matter, I'm just saying that for many white people they don't know how to differentiate the machismo from actual racism.

I'm sure you have faced racism where you live because of the demographics and socio economics, but being called a Gringo is not an example of it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Oh, and if you want to see real racism, tell a Mexican your Guatamalan, Cubano, Argentinean, or Dominicano... 

edit - and no, I honestly had no intention of pissing you off. I'm just intrigued that white men tend to be a bit thin skinned when compared to Latinos, having grown up on both sides.

aitm

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on September 26, 2016, 09:09:19 PM
Clearly you don' know shit. Gringo is used negatively by people of Latino or Mexican origin. The whole purpose for its creation in Mexico and latin countries is to insult white people. it's like cracker or any other racial derogatory word. Ive been around longer than you and I know people who have been called "Gringo" longer than me. It's still racist and the people who use it spread hatred just like those old white racists who still call Mexicans and Latinos beaners. I have been picked because the color of my skin for all my life and you think it's just not serious? WTF! Are you fucking Serious?
and…..here we go….
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

Quote from: Shiranu on September 26, 2016, 09:33:46 PM

And again... Mexican men are heavy shit talkers, that's just the way it is. I say this as someone who has lived in both cultures... if you live amongst Mexicans long enough, you will find the "racism" towards white people is kiddy gloves compared to what they call and do to each other.

I only spent 12 years amongst my lovely mex's, I can tell you that a) they hate niggers. b) they hate niggers and aint afraid to say so. and c) they ain't too friendly towards dark skinned peeps. Lubbock Texas can thoroughly break the heart of a human who wants harmony among races. It is brutal there. Sad..very sad.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

I apologize if anyone thought that those were my words.

Shiranu

Quote from: aitm on September 26, 2016, 10:00:07 PM
I only spent 12 years amongst my lovely mex's, I can tell you that a) they hate niggers. b) they hate niggers and aint afraid to say so. and c) they ain't too friendly towards dark skinned peeps. Lubbock Texas can thoroughly break the heart of a human who wants harmony among races. It is brutal there. Sad..very sad.

Definitely true. I guess it's all a matter of perspective... I have seen what real racism looks like from Mexicans, so the little bit of shit talking towards whites... It's just nothing.

I love the Latin culture, I hope to one day teach in Latin America ( provably Mexico), but they are a few decades behind us when it comes to racism between their cultures and towards blacks.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Shiranu on September 26, 2016, 09:33:46 PM
And i grew up with Spanish speakers my entire life, and it really isn't. You want some actual insults towards whites, guero? Jojota, plz. Bolillo needs to learn a little more Spanish. Those are insults for being white.

Gringo has to do more with your culture than your race. And frankly, you do sound like a Gringo.

Ive been picked on for the color of my skin as well, included by my own adopted family and church who called me, "our little wop". ( without papers, basically nigger for Italians and Latinos). I was a Gringo to Hispanics as well, and it had nothing to do with the color of my skin but my attitude.

I'm not saying your experience doesn't matter, I'm just saying that for many white people they don't know how to differentiate the machismo from actual racism.

I'm sure you have faced racism where you live because of the demographics and socio economics, but being called a Gringo is not an example of it.

Gringo is a racial term whether you like it or not you have been in central Texas which is more American than South Texas, South Texas is granted the nickname North Mexico and where I live Mexicans come by everyday and gringo is used very negatively.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

I'm extremely Vexed at you Shinaru.

Shiranu

My school was half white, half Mexican... Guess which I hang out with. Two of my friends were illegal immigrants, and I spent many afternoons at their two room shacks where 6+ people lived. I spent many more in the street playing football with 10, 15 Mexicans who could barely speak English.

Second, I lived in Las Cruces, New Mexico for three years, and lived right next to Ciudad Juarez. There whites were absolutely the ethnic minority.

As I said, it's "negative"... But it's, for them, like calling us a cracker. Woooow. So racist....

I really don't think you want to get into a Mexican cred debate :p.

Draconic Aiur

I have friends that are mexican, latino or tejano too and somme of them are family. However when they use Gringo in a negative way, yes I am upset. It's racist. Learn it. And hey do white people call black people nigger and get away with it? Fuck No! So what your saying is pure bullshit and if I were you I'd stick that muslim sjw garbage up your ass and see if you like being called Gringo when people look like you should be stoned to death. I'm tired of this argument because your ignorance and double standards are fucking bullshit.