"Real Reason White People Say, 'All Lives Matter.' "

Started by Shiranu, September 22, 2016, 12:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 24, 2016, 04:04:40 AM
Fallacious meme is fallacious.

Sorry Pickelled, but if you don't recognize the grains of truth in that meme then you're part of the problem whether it applies to you personally or not. 
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 23, 2016, 11:34:38 PM
Someday I need to do a DNA test. My ancestors come from all across the Mediterranean (and a fair few in Ireland), so I am really curious to see where I get my devilishly good looks from. It certainly wasn't my mom or dad...

Gypsy doppleganger ;-)

My alpha-Y-chromosome is shared mostly with Ossetians in the Caucasus.  Alani people.  But all my genes for the last 500 years are N W European.  So I figure has to be pro-Roman Alani who settled in France after 406 CE.  So since Summer, I have had a lot more interest in understanding Iranians in general, and Alani in particular.  Of course the majority of my ancestors are important too, just that they aren't as specific.  Women only have alpha-female mitochondrial ancestry ... men have that and the Y-chromosome alpha-male ancestry.  Indo-European folks have been around even W Europe for a long time though ... Otzi has the same Y-chromosome as I do.  He was murdered ... so perhaps he was an invader even back then, not just in late Roman times.  But the majority of my Y-chromosome (which is rare in Europe) must have got there in a larger group ... hence my suspicion about 406 CE.  My alpha-female ancestry is more common in Europe, and comes from the Cro-Magnons in S France.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 24, 2016, 12:37:27 AM
I'm surprised you haven't said I look Assyrian....

I haven't bothered to look at your real picture ;-)  I will take your word for it.  Modern Assyrians are Christians in N Iraq.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on September 24, 2016, 08:55:24 AM
Sorry Pickelled, but if you don't recognize the grains of truth in that meme then you're part of the problem whether it applies to you personally or not.

That is so good.

A good description for a racist society where nobody is racist and everything against racism gets the backlash of 'not all white people', 'black crime rate', they are calling me racist, 'they are violent'.

I'm sending you a real kiss darling.  :smooch:

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 24, 2016, 09:50:20 AM
That is so good.

A good description for a racist society where nobody is racist and everything against racism gets the backlash of 'not all white people', 'black crime rate', they are calling me racist, 'they are violent'.

I'm sending you a real kiss darling.  :smooch:
Racists say "not all white people, SJWs say "not all black people." They are two sides of the same coin who are both technically correct but also both miss the point. To quote Duncle, "The logical thing to do is throw away the coin."

I may be a hypocrite in saying that, and I apologize if that is the case.

Fair and balanced (like Fox News).
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on September 24, 2016, 09:37:44 AM
Gypsy doppleganger ;-)

My alpha-Y-chromosome is shared mostly with Ossetians in the Caucasus.  Alani people.  But all my genes for the last 500 years are N W European.  So I figure has to be pro-Roman Alani who settled in France after 406 CE.  So since Summer, I have had a lot more interest in understanding Iranians in general, and Alani in particular.  Of course the majority of my ancestors are important too, just that they aren't as specific.  Women only have alpha-female mitochondrial ancestry ... men have that and the Y-chromosome alpha-male ancestry.  Indo-European folks have been around even W Europe for a long time though ... Otzi has the same Y-chromosome as I do.  He was murdered ... so perhaps he was an invader even back then, not just in late Roman times.  But the majority of my Y-chromosome (which is rare in Europe) must have got there in a larger group ... hence my suspicion about 406 CE.  My alpha-female ancestry is more common in Europe, and comes from the Cro-Magnons in S France.

My sister does the family research.  I'm personally not that interested in any of my ancestors beyond my grand parents who I knew.  But my sister sent in some blood or hair or something to some outfit that does some way back DNA analysis.  I've always considered myself Swedish and German, and that was the end of it, but it turns out a lot of the family DNA seems to trace back to England and Iberia.

The existence of Sweden and Germany, England, Spain, etc is just a smidgeon of man's wanderings about Europe and Asia, with his most recent past, say  ten thousand years, probably a time when he was doing more and more traveling.  But just like the creationists, I tend to measure the historical record based on my immediate life and a few years before that.  So it shouldn't be surprising that my Swedish and German heritage is just because some mentally challenged relative got disoriented in the woods on an outing and ended up in Scandinavia, and eventually his mentally challenged offspring thought they actually belonged there.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on September 24, 2016, 08:55:24 AM
There is a grain of truth. I don't deny it. What I find issue with is how small the grain is. It's smaller than many blm-ers are making out, to the extent that they insist that people that don't mean it that way, do in fact mean it that way.

There are a bunch of people that mean "all lives matter" in the way of the meme and there are a bunch of people that mean it racist. There are also many people that mean it totally inclusive, that truly all lives matter equally. By saying it's a bad thing to say all lives matter, though... it's very hypocritical, if you think saying black lives matter is any better at this point when you see what a lot of it has become. Sure there still are a bunch of BLM members that mean it by what it's original message was, which I agree with that intent. "Black lives matter too" etc, but rioting in the streets? Professional victims? Violently targeting cops and white people purely because they're white or a cop?

If you think that "all lives matter" should go away as a saying, you're hypocritical if you don't think BLM should fix theirs in some way. At least people saying all lives matter aren't actively going around and assaulting people in the name of "all lives matter" though...

Sent from your mom.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 24, 2016, 10:33:03 AM
Racists say "not all white people, SJWs say "not all black people." They are two sides of the same coin who are both technically correct but also both miss the point. To quote Duncle, "The logical thing to do is throw away the coin."

I may be a hypocrite in saying that, and I apologize if that is the case.

No, they are not two sides of the same coin. It would be the two sides of the same coin, if racism against white people was systematic and institutional, a historical fact and a sub culture in the country.

That's a Holywood line which the hot shot delivers with mist in his eyes, looking into the camera before throwing his hair and leave the scene.

Could you please explain what does that mean? I mean how doe sthat supposed to reflect anything remotely aboout reality?

While the collective atitude of a society on a specific issue is not up to an individual, it depends on the attitudes of individuals. If someone refuses to understand something as simple as what Popeyes posted than may be they should rethink where they stand at least to be honest with themselves.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 24, 2016, 12:49:41 PM
No, they are not two sides of the same coin. It would be the two sides of the same coin, if racism against white people was systematic and institutional, a historical fact and a sub culture in the country.

That's a Holywood line which the hot shot delivers with mist in his eyes, looking into the camera before throwing his hair and leave the scene.

Could you please explain what does that mean? I mean how doe sthat supposed to reflect anything remotely aboout reality?

While the collective atitude of a society on a specific issue is not up to an individual, it depends on the attitudes of individuals. If someone refuses to understand something as simple as what Popeyes posted than may be they should rethink where they stand at least to be honest with themselves.
At no point did I say anything about racism against whites. I said, or rather implied, that both racism on the part of whites and high crime rates on the part of blacks were issues that each side says "not all" about. My point was that these issues will never get solved as long as we keep getting hung up on the "not all" argument.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 24, 2016, 12:55:40 PM
At no point did I say anything about racism against whites. I said, or rather implied, that both racism on the part of whites and high crime rates on the part of blacks were issues that each side says "not all" about. My point was that these issues will never get solved as long as we keep getting hung up on the "not all" argument.

OK. You expressed an opinion saying that BLM institutes racial supremacy and I took it that you meant a similar thing for both sides. Because also 'not all' is not a response for black crime rate.

'Not all' is strawman, it is a century old white response. Black crime rate issue is directly related to systematic-instutional racism, besides other social factors against blacks and also a real documented crime rate.

These two things are not to be compared or put against each other as two sides of as coin

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 24, 2016, 01:15:49 PM
OK. You expressed an opinion saying that BLM institutes racial supremacy and I took it that you meant a similar thing for both sides. Because also 'not all' is not a response for black crime rate.

'Not all' is strawman, it is a century old white response. Black crime rate issue is directly related to systematic-instutional racism, besides other social factors against blacks and also a real documented crime rate.

These two things are not to be compared or put against each other as two sides of as coin
I completely acknowledge that it's a problem related to systemic racism. However, that does not mean it can be solved by flying to Candyland and having a gumdrop from the gumdrop tree. The "not all" deflection solves nothing, regardless of the issue at hand.

drunkenshoe

This is what Popeyes posted. It is expressing how the Western culture -or American society works. This is not a 'grain' of how it works. We can post countless of documented examples of how that works. Actually, we already did. Countless times.  From invasions of Afghanistan and Irak as the recent examples, to refugee crisis, from what happens to what you are open about your atheism in your work place to how LGBT people are suffering, how the rich and the poor completely live in different worlds doesn't matter if its law or righst or social life.

This forum has been home to people -still is- being thrown out by their parents for being an atheist or homosexual or transgender. Majority of the Americans in this forum are closet atheist to protect themselves. If you are a ME immigrant in the US, it is safe to say your life sucks and has no value right now compared to a white person. People are assaulting and killing other people in ethnic outfits thinking they are muslims. Transgender people are being killed for what they are and an overwhelming amount of them are black transgender women. If you are a football player you can rape nad get away it. If you are the victim of that rape, you won't be treated teh same with him because he is an athlete.

All lives do not matter. Cut the crap. This is not a 'small' grain of turth. This is human culture, this is reality.

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 24, 2016, 11:01:01 AM
There is a grain of truth. I don't deny it. What I find issue with is how small the grain is. It's smaller than many blm-ers are making out, to the extent that they insist that people that don't mean it that way, do in fact mean it that way.

What is this? You are telling us what a mass of people do in fact mean while using a given name of a movement. What they mean. You are not even talking about what they are saying. You are telling us how they feel and what they think in their head when they are using it. It's a ridiculous strawman. It doesn't mean anything. The most you can say that makes sense is this: that I dont believe that... you are free to believe in anything.

But making a claim of what people mean literally has no meaning other than your fears or convictions you'd like to impose.

QuoteThere are a bunch of people that mean "all lives matter" in the way of the meme and there are a bunch of people that mean it racist. There are also many people that mean it totally inclusive, that truly all lives matter equally.

Yeah well the same bullshit.

QuoteBy saying it's a bad thing to say all lives matter, though... it's very hypocritical...

Not it isn't. Because all llives do not matter. That's a fucking lie and when everybody is perfectly aware of that FACT starting a so called movement, a subreactive against Black Lives Matter, JUST BECAUSE of BLM is another way of saying 'no, there is no racism against black people' AND this is hypocrtical. Beause All Lives Matter is something created against BLM.

They could have created an original movement/group with an original name. Why didn't the do that? All Lives didn't matter before BLM? Didn't they have issues before black people organised?

Exactly like MRAs, they are another subreactive of a reactive movement, providing newly found white vitimhood bullshit to jerk off.

Quoteif you think saying black lives matter is any better at this point when you see what a lot of it has become. Sure there still are a bunch of BLM members that mean it by what it's original message was, which I agree with that intent. "Black lives matter too" etc, but rioting in the streets? Professional victims? Violently targeting cops and white people purely because they're white or a cop?

What was this original message that you liked before and suddenly you decided they are bad? I doubt if there happened a fundamental difference in 3 years. They probably just realised that they need to ACT.

Dallas shooting has nothing to do with BLM. It's domestic terrorism. Exactly like white supremacists shooting around which is far more often, but that doesn't count as domestic terrorism in the US though, I don't see anyone raising concerns about that fact. When white christian piece of shits commit mass murder, it is mental illness.

Rioiting? Yeah protest groups often cause riots, sometimes they riot themselves. They also attack the police, throw stones, molotov cocktails, they damage public property. These are dangerous things sure, but for the 100th time, you -and most of the forum- are not just ignorant about how protest groups work, you also oddly cannot imagine how things change in matter of seconds in a march angry mass of people.

QuoteIf you think that "all lives matter" should go away as a saying, you're hypocritical if you don't think BLM should fix theirs in some way. At least people saying all lives matter aren't actively going around and assaulting people in the name of "all lives matter" though...

Sent from your mom.

As long as they are not planning any terrorist acts; kill civilians in some way, I don't think they need to fix anything.

What you are doing is shaking your finger at a mass group of people and tell them what they should feel, what they should think and how they should act AND while doing that you are painting them almost as a terrorist group; public enemy number one. And you go around the same strawmen. 

Quote"Yeah,but white people ARE inherently racist,guys. Just look at their skin and privilege! There's no way they can't be. How dare white people use a saying that's more inclusive than the one we black lives matter people insist we use because they realize it makes people more equal, instead of dehumanizing them like we have been dehumanized for years in the past, but not as much now in recent years. Can't they see we want to cling to our oppression as a tool for making them feel bad for being prone to sunburn with their white, white skin? Can't they just accept that we want them to feel like it's up to them to try and make other people that also have light skin to feel bad about being born without as much pigment in their skin as us? How dare they walk around, looking like a light bulb. How dare they. Those glow-stick privileged jerk-faces. Horrible."

The reactions you are giving to SJW groups in general are all the same. "They are calling me racist and an oppressor! ME ME ME, I I I, what does this say about me?" That's all your problem.

Surprise, this is NOT about you. The idea that this is about you is something marketed to you and to everyone with your race and gender you bought it. This is as simple as this.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 24, 2016, 01:19:19 PM
I completely acknowledge that it's a problem related to systemic racism. However, that does not mean it can be solved by flying to Candyland and having a gumdrop from the gumdrop tree. The "not all" deflection solves nothing, regardless of the issue at hand.

OK. Let's try something else. Invading a runway in an international airport in this political climate is not picking gumdrops in a Candyland. It's taking real risks in real life for what you protest. If they tried that in the US, they be shot dead.

That it doesn't mean anything to some individuals, is something about those indiivduals.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 24, 2016, 02:48:36 PM
OK. Let's try something else. Invading a runway in an international airport in this political climate is not picking gumdrops in a Candyland. It's taking real risks in real life for what you protest. If they tried that in the US, they be shot dead.

That it doesn't mean anything to some individuals, is something about those indiivduals.
I don't think you and I are talking about the same thing here, because this post of yours is a complete non sequitur to the point I was trying to make.