"Real Reason White People Say, 'All Lives Matter.' "

Started by Shiranu, September 22, 2016, 12:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on September 23, 2016, 01:19:04 PM
Hell no, it is being discussed ad infinitum 24/7.

Can't miss it for a second.

Racist, racism. Racist, racism. Racist, racism. Racist, racism. Racist, racism. Racist, racism. Racist, racism. Racist, racism.

Nice beard Shir.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Very Achaemenid or Assyrian.  Square off the bottom and you will look like King of King's or at least king of Nineveh.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2016, 05:15:11 PM
Very Achaemenid or Assyrian.  Square off the bottom and you will look like King of King's or at least king of Nineveh.
Ozymandatheist?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 23, 2016, 05:19:59 PM
Ozymandatheist?

Technically that references a Pharaoh.  That and .. in Xanadu did Kublai Khan a pleasure dome decree ... more my hedonist speed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2016, 05:25:52 PM
Technically that references a Pharaoh.  That and .. in Xanadu did Kublai Khan a pleasure dome decree ... more my hedonist speed.
Ozy was a pharaoh?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Someday I need to do a DNA test. My ancestors come from all across the Mediterranean (and a fair few in Ireland), so I am really curious to see where I get my devilishly good looks from. It certainly wasn't my mom or dad...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

PickelledEggs

I'm surprised you haven't said I look Assyrian....

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 24, 2016, 12:37:27 AM
I'm surprised you haven't said I look Assyrian....

Funny how genetics work, that someone who is probably more directly Middle Eastern than me looks more white than I do, and I look more Middle Eastern than someone who is probably more Middle Eastern than I am. You are of Syrian decent, right?

I guess the Greek, Lebanese, Italian and Jewish descent just looks more stereotypical Middle Eastern than Syrians do... *shrug*.

I think more than anything it's just the dark hair and eye shape... I have had people approach me and start speaking Spanish like they think I can understand as well...

PickelledEggs

I think it's just the beard that makes you look middle-eastern... Less to do with genetics and more to do with facial hair.

On that note, I also said that in complete jest.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on September 24, 2016, 12:05:58 AM

Black lives matter
All lives matter
All?
Yes. All.
Syran Refugees?
Like I said. All.
LGBT?
What part about "All" do you not understand?
Unarmed black men?
Is there something you're not following by me saying all? I said all. So yes.
Etc
etc
etc

Fallacious meme is fallacious.

Shiranu

Even with my state id, where I just have stubble, people always ask me where I'm from :\.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on September 24, 2016, 04:27:14 AM
Even with my state id, where I just have stubble, people always ask me where I'm from :\.
Thinking about it again, If you're Lebanese/greek/jewish, you probably have some Assyrian blood in you. Or at least similar genetics. Assyria was a huge empire.

drunkenshoe

I think the bigger problem than BLM as a specific group in this discussion is that how averse and apathetic people are against protest groups in general in this forum. I don't know about America in general, but yeah save a few people the collective reaction here is very self centered and a crude.

It's turning around one thing. 'They are accusing me for being a racist. Me. Me. Me. I am not racist. It's all about me!' And my fave is 'Man, they were well OK at the beginning, but not now. They are angry, violent. Myeah'. LOL

It's all about

1. They are calling me racist. 

2. I don't like them any more after they got loud angry and hostile.

And also apparently there is this understanding or may be I should say expectation? that a protest group should please people or individuals with their menifestos, actions or their movements.

No, they don't. Seriously, they really don't. This is not my opinion, this is objectively how protest groups work. Sure they need to put something out there and try to gain supporters, but they really do not depend on this. Esp. about certain major issues which in real life a group in a society suffer in various countless scales.

See, this is like a believer's perception of reality. The idea that there is a controllable world with absolute truths, rules and laws out there on everything and anything out of those norms is against god's truth and so an abomination. And that if something was really wrong, the world wouldn't be like this. And that all this abomination is a choice AND can be corrected with belief and faith. And how the decent believers see and know what is the abomination of god's truth? Simple, because it's against the good, god fearing folk and their experiences, their existence. It's out of their norm of good and how they see themselves.

So what are the believers 'trying' to do all the time? Correcting reality, deny every problem by cherry picking everything they see around to FIX it so it would FIT in their world so they can benefit from it. Exactly like you are trying to correct the domestic issues and the reaction to those issues in your society. FYI, noone can fix reality. Except gaaaaawd! :lol: 

There isn't any real criticism in this forum against BLM or any other protest groups, feminist groups, SJW, but the exactly same crude reaction to all of them, while they could be criticised or analysed in many ways. 

I don't know if it is the culture itself or how does it define individuals, the whole problem is that you want these groups to market themselves successfully and sell something to you. Provide good advertisement, an entertaining commercial show that you would like to watch so that you could support them. And as all advertising, marketing is a show business depending on jerking people's ego off, convincing them that they need their product, of course it would never work with a real protest group.

Because simply you don't just need that product, what is more, the seller is insulting to you, to everyone. He does not give a fuck about what you think about his product, he could care less if you are interested in it or not. Surprise, he is NOT selling anything.

Reality is unspeakably ugly and deceptively simple. If there isn't something in it for you, if it goes negative on your ass you reject it. But doesn't matter if you suffer from it or not, what are you getting from it or not, it is there and it doesn't conform any entity or phenomenon. It just is.

However this doesn't mean that we can't drop 'me me me' and think and talk about it. But as it requires a lot of unlearning and learning over again; going against compartmentalising, it is not just unrewarding it is also making people despondent. And frankly just ranting about a group with 'he is saying I am  baaaad' is much easier.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp